Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
marcus_tm

Wireless Router @ Home

So i if i want all my rooms to access to internet, what shold i get to setup? A router? What will be a better choice? Pls advise, Thanks

Yeah. You should get a router, would recommend Linksys.

You will need a splitter for your SCV point. Don't worry. Starhub normally will provide a 2 way splitter in all their items. So from your SCV point, connect to splitter which will split into 2 wires ... 1 to your SCV cable box ( to watch tv ), and another one to your router.

From your router ... you will run individual lan wires to those data sockets which you have taken pix. Then you are all set already. So if all those run and setup properly, your house will be like office! Can just plug and play and have ready internet access.

Thats how I ran my own house lan / wireless system. Except for I don't have your nice nice box. I had to buy my own cables, get the contractor to run them and set them up.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Yeah. You should get a router, would recommend Linksys.

You will need a splitter for your SCV point. Don't worry. Starhub normally will provide a 2 way splitter in all their items. So from your SCV point, connect to splitter which will split into 2 wires ... 1 to your SCV cable box ( to watch tv ), and another one to your router.

From your router ... you will run individual lan wires to those data sockets which you have taken pix. Then you are all set already. So if all those run and setup properly, your house will be like office! Can just plug and play and have ready internet access.

Thats how I ran my own house lan / wireless system. Except for I don't have your nice nice box. I had to buy my own cables, get the contractor to run them and set them up.

OK Cool man, think will get the Mio plan but their hotline really makes me :D Got to go dwn personally i guess, now the are giving free router i think, Thanks for all the advise wii drop dwn & check it out & update again :notti:

OK Cool man, think will get the Mio plan but their hotline really makes me :bangwall: Got to go dwn personally i guess, now the are giving free router i think, Thanks for all the advise wii drop dwn & check it out & update again :bangwall:

note that for mio plan, you cannot switch off your router or else your home phone will not work cos it's a digital line. so 24hrs have to be on.

oh btw the pic shown is some sort of telephone xchange to facilitate phone line in your house for single or double lines. they ain't so good to provide you with so many ports for internet use. look at the cabling, line1 and line2

note that for mio plan, you cannot switch off your router or else your home phone will not work cos it's a digital line. so 24hrs have to be on.

oh btw the pic shown is some sort of telephone xchange to facilitate phone line in your house for single or double lines. they ain't so good to provide you with so many ports for internet use. look at the cabling, line1 and line2

What about the Data thing use for? Maybe for internet network use? Cos they label D1-D6

I thought mio plan still require you to register a residential phone line which cost about $24+ every 3 months?

I thought mio plan still require you to register a residential phone line which cost about $24+ every 3 months?

No need, mio plan allows you to make unlimited local calls on home phone, u have to switch on modem to do this. Was at Hello! today checking out the plan and singtel broadband for comparison with maxonline.

After I installed my wireless router, my safari failed to work (using mac). But firefox can work. Very weird....anybody knows why??

which router you using?

me using safari on the mio box 2wire, working fine :)

mio plan requires you to register a residential phone line

but the subscription is part of the plan

my plan at $69++ every month includes

1. fixed line subscription

2. mobile line iOne plus subscription

3. internet access 3mbps subscription

find that it's quite worth it, only thing is cannot switch off the modem

which router you using?

me using safari on the mio box 2wire, working fine :wub:

mio plan requires you to register a residential phone line

but the subscription is part of the plan

my plan at $69++ every month includes

1. fixed line subscription

2. mobile line iOne plus subscription

3. internet access 3mbps subscription

find that it's quite worth it, only thing is cannot switch off the modem

Mio plan more saving i would say, I takeup the $99+ plan already but got to wait till month end for their technician to be free. Cant wait liao no internet at hme stressssssssss :P

After I installed my wireless router, my safari failed to work (using mac). But firefox can work. Very weird....anybody knows why??

check "system preferences -> network preferences -> location and network" is set up properly.

Good day. Communication is a fundamental aspect of human interaction, allowing us to access information and maintain a sense of normalcy in life, but for prisoners staying connected is often a major challenge. Global Tel Link provides a lifeline for prisoners, allowing them to communicate with their families. For those who are interested in the company's services, you should contact global tel link customer service and their employee will help with connecting the necessary services that you can use.