Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kingzkong

Anybody In Yung Sheng Rd? (july 07 Ballot)

eh.... from my understanding, the HDB will get their appointed contractors to go up and check before handing over the keys to u... not very very sure oso leh... heehee...

btw, wat u mean by "not much was done"? u mean the interior of the house?? :dunno: if u mean interior, then it will b those tat u have mentioned, and, windows (check the locking mechanism and whether the panels can open/ close fully) and most important; the tiles!! but if u r planning to change all the tiles that r already there one, then u can dont bother le la... hahaha... :dancingqueen:

oh yah, and check all keys... try to open all doors with all keys... (all tis will take come time one... haha... happy testing bah!! :notti: ) tis will include the key to the riser outside ur house, at the side one... (cos i got problem opening it :furious: ) and the less prominent one; the letter box key! (rem to check oso) :good:

some common probs r:

1) the tiles (hollow / crack) :bangwall:

2) keys that cant open doors (might b given the wrong key) :dunno:

3) toilet basin feels "loose" when gently pressed (screws not tightened properly... REPORT!! unless u r changingit... then can dont bother oso...) ;)

so far these r the things that is more common.... unless u saw there is water dripping or water stain from ceiling or walls... these can suggest that there might b a leak from ur neighbour from above... like wat happen to our friend here.... :o

i might have left out somethings or wrong info... forumers, pls correct mi if i m wrong!! zz

Ahockz, jus a couple more dat i encountered are: HS door jammed up, cracked toilet windows, different tones of color tiles in kitchen and the latest is leaks in the kitchen down pipes (the fat big ones) thiink Nex meant me :bleah: .

Bring a roll of those paper masking tape and marker when u go opening ceremony. No, its not for the ceremony :rolleyes: , its to mark the defects :rofl: . Don't mark directly on the tiles/walls/doors,etc.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

wow, paper masking tape? just like army time, everything masking tape/marker and white tape. ^_^

actually i wan to do as little as possible. but got to see the condition of the flat bah. also see if my gf mind or not. don wan next time quarrel because of it.

ps: HS door?

Ahockz, jus a couple more dat i encountered are: HS door jammed up, cracked toilet windows, different tones of color tiles in kitchen and the latest is leaks in the kitchen down pipes (the fat big ones) thiink Nex meant me :bleah: .

Bring a roll of those paper masking tape and marker when u go opening ceremony. No, its not for the ceremony :rolleyes: , its to mark the defects :rofl: . Don't mark directly on the tiles/walls/doors,etc.

haha.... ya... MLR... i was referring to ur case.... hope u dont mind ar... haha.... 8| anyway, i ever heard one of my friend encounter leakages.... cos nobody stay, and hdb dont juz open up for no good reason, so it went un-noticed until my friend open the door! :jawdrop:

so REPORT!! haha.... :bangwall:

wow, paper masking tape? just like army time, everything masking tape/marker and white tape. ^_^

actually i wan to do as little as possible. but got to see the condition of the flat bah. also see if my gf mind or not. don wan next time quarrel because of it.

ps: HS door?

haha... yup.... MLR is referring to tat ;) cos if get those plastic type of masking tape... how to write?? :bleah: haha....

HS door = Household Shelter Door....

actually i regretted not doing my toilets both walls and floor tiles.... cos really not very nice.... pink colour ones!! so u can imagine.... :bow:

i went to my sis hse at BP one, hers one very nice lor... gray one lor... so nice :dribble: ... hai... but nontheless, u can see for urself when u get ur keys, and u will know wat i mean... anyway, tat time i engage my ID, oso got buget constrain... so i didnt really think in depth lor.... 8|

so think carefully when u r renovating... and one thing to rem, after u move in, u wont want to change anymore things le... especially when it comes to hacking stuffs.... :D so consider carefully whether u really dont wan to change certain things like tiles... ;)

Edited by Nex

Hi all

Understand that HDB actually changed the toilet door to Bi fold type. Just wondering is all the toilet door standard size? And also can i've hv the BSC contact no pls.

Tks.

Nex,

Can let my gf visit your hse, think like that she will decide very fast . . .

^_^

haha.... erm.... i got no prob.... but got to ask my wife.... if not later she say y didnt tell her... haha... bo bian... one of the basic rules in marriage: RESPECT... :yamseng:

will get back to u asap... if possible, mayb over the wkend bah... so tat everyone oso free... :good:

think the tiles colour should b the same one rite?? haha... cos i oso dont know.... and i suppose ur hse is the one wif balcony one rite?? hmmm.... cos after dont know which flr, then is dont have balcony one.... but dont worry, my door open big big as soon as my wifey nod her head... ;) eh... but sorry ar... no drinks to entertain u leh... hahaha.... cos my hse still got 20% not done up yet... hahaha...

Hi all

Understand that HDB actually changed the toilet door to Bi fold type. Just wondering is all the toilet door standard size? And also can i've hv the BSC contact no pls.

Tks.

hmmm... seriously, wats a BSC?? if u r referring to the contractor that is appointed by HDB for our YS homes one, that guy is called James.... but i deleted his no. after he fix up my "defects"... hahaha...

u might wan to ask MLR... think she should have it... ;)

:yamseng:

oh yah. i better ask my gf first too. if not last min tell her to visit others ppl . . . she later angry or what . . . b4 our ballot date, we go around look look see see, got a few house got ppl inside ask her wan to go knock door and go in take a peep, she pai say.

oh yah. i better ask my gf first too. if not last min tell her to visit others ppl . . . she later angry or what . . . b4 our ballot date, we go around look look see see, got a few house got ppl inside ask her wan to go knock door and go in take a peep, she pai say.

haha... tat time mi n my wife oso like tat.... but is she ask mi to go knock one... :bangwall: haha.... but some times the contractors wont allow one, cos scared later u copy their design.. 8| . then later owner of tat hse angry if u do the same as them... but all the floor plans r the same wat... so more or less somthings will b the same lor...

unless ur budget d@Mn big, then sure can do until very differently le lor... haha... :dancingqueen:

Edited by Nex

Missyling, u hv got mail..... :)

Nex, well said about hving RESPECT :thumbs up: . of course i m ok wif dat.... I m glad to share wif others. Isn't dat Y we r in tis forum..... :sport-smiley-004:

Hey, we want to go visit too..... :D We welcome visits when our place is more done up, now nothing much to see. Copying design.... I will be very happy dat someone like my taste and want to copy :dancingqueen: but i doubt it lah, we didn't do much for tis place, only floor, cornice (I know L box/false ceiling is in vogue now, but we did'nt want to lower the already low ceiling), plumbing, kitchen cabinet, a/c and fans. No built-in wardrobe/feature walls/shelvings, etc. We decide against taking a reno loan and also we r waiting for our boy to b a little older b4 doing built-in stuff, cos he is at the terrible 2 stage and hes veri active... u guys will know in a few years time..... :notti::notti:

Missyling, u hv got mail..... :)

Nex, well said about hving RESPECT :thumbs up: . of course i m ok wif dat.... I m glad to share wif others. Isn't dat Y we r in tis forum..... :sport-smiley-004:

Hey, we want to go visit too..... :D We welcome visits when our place is more done up, now nothing much to see. Copying design.... I will be very happy dat someone like my taste and want to copy :dancingqueen: but i doubt it lah, we didn't do much for tis place, only floor, cornice (I know L box/false ceiling is in vogue now, but we did'nt want to lower the already low ceiling), plumbing, kitchen cabinet, a/c and fans. No built-in wardrobe/feature walls/shelvings, etc. We decide against taking a reno loan and also we r waiting for our boy to b a little older b4 doing built-in stuff, cos he is at the terrible 2 stage and hes veri active... u guys will know in a few years time..... :notti::notti:

haha.... thnkx for the compliments... ;)

haha.... ok ok.... tonight i meet my wife then i seek permission... haha... cos yesterday didnt manage to meet her... due to working late... :(

most probably on Sun afternoon bah!? will post here of the result (of asking her) tonight... but will b quite late... cos i come home very late... haha....

hmmm... can understand abt having children... they will run around... banging things here n there... and scribbling things on anything tat they can grab! haha... like tis is better than he sit there quietly... then u more scared ar... but somehow nowadays, kids tend to b more active... is it bcos of the milk?? :dunno: erm... dont plan to have any kids, anytime soon... haha... wait until career more stable first... haha... :dancingqueen::yeah:

Hi guys, jus go news dat Rinnai 8L gas heater from Citygas is available for booking of installation from 16th June onwards. Nex, mayb should let your ID know and book early....

Hi guys, jus go news dat Rinnai 8L gas heater from Citygas is available for booking of installation from 16th June onwards. Nex, mayb should let your ID know and book early....

kekeke.... ok ok!! will let my ID know abt it!! thnkx... :dancingqueen:

not sure does it consider cheap a not. 10w/13w light blub $3.8 ea(philip/osi) @ jurong east.

Thank you, MLR, Nex

i dont know which type u r saying... but normally those energy saving ones, outside selling at $4.++ to $5.++... so depend on which type we r saying here... :dunno:

energy saving type. i saw @ JP sell $6++. go buy a few toda @ akira @ $2.5 ea. saw Guan Seng @ JE Ave 1 #01-1259 sellin $3.8.

was told it depend on the watt too.

FYI.

energy saving type. i saw @ JP sell $6++. go buy a few toda @ akira @ $2.5 ea. saw Guan Seng @ JE Ave 1 #01-1259 sellin $3.8.

was told it depend on the watt too.

FYI.

oh... hmmmm..... ok ok.... akira.... erm.... ok ok.... u onli went to Guan Seng to check ar?? got go Chelsea and ask?? since u alr at there le....