Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gearbox

Freehold Landed Property

hi..

may i know malaysian with singapore pr are allowed to buy freehold landed property?

are there requirements or depending on the location?

please help..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

irregardless of manalysian, so long foreigner, if you want to buy landed, you need approval from the SLA unit. They are at temasek tower.

there is a limitation to the size of land, something like ~10000sqft, no location restriction. once approval given by ministry of home, you can buy.

if you intent to do major renovation or rebuild the house, you need another approval from SLA unit and a S$50k pledge as collatoral.

I have been thru it all that's why i can tell you the specifics.

hi..

may i know malaysian with singapore pr are allowed to buy freehold landed property?

are there requirements or depending on the location?

please help..

You have a choice as to how to obtain your approval from SLA.

If you want to get approval PRIOR to finding a landed property, you may.

Alternatively, find a landed property first BUT make sure that your Sale & Purchase Agreement/Option has a clause that allow you to pull out of the deal should SLA not approve.

Please highlight your foreigner/PR status to your lawyers. It takes 6 weeks to get the approval (no fast path, I'm afraid), including the involvement of a Minister.

Good luck!