Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
keltong

Electricity Consumption

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
save electricity and this will definately save earth...

does nose right work

Human is very contradicting.

-To minimise usage of natural resources(NR) to save earth yet want to be productive?

- Want democracy for freedom of usage of natural resources, yet "want" other to minimise use of NR.

- Keep "spending future money" to enjoy "hapiness" yet keep interfering into other people's business?- Can imagine a country's whole population need to work for 10 years "for free" in order to pay the present debts? USA.

- How I wish I can "buy" things in credit (wish not to pay till end of life) to enjoy life everyday & everyday like to "pook" ppl here & there for fun !

- Better to be Tazen living in jungle use no electricity, no fuel, no gas, no plastic, no paper, no chemicals....

Edited by bepgof

I've monitor my aircon usage, full blast for 2 hours 16deg in powerful mode. About 2Kw per hour, the latest panasonic eco patrol system 3 inverter. If not in powerful mode shld be lower elec usage.

anyone of you can teach how to calculate the electricity consumption ? i bought many white goods recently .. but .. only based on the 'star' stickers .. no idea how to calculate and choose the right 1

anyone of you can teach how to calculate the electricity consumption ? i bought many white goods recently .. but .. only based on the 'star' stickers .. no idea how to calculate and choose the right 1

there are those pass-thru KWh meter devices for u to monitor the consumption.... available at sim lim tower...

Power (watt, real power)= voltage x currentxpower factor

Less watt=less power consumption.

Watt x hours = WH, or calls watt hour

PUB bill is based on total AHW you consumped per monthly

1KWH = $???, sorry, I hardly got chance to read the bills, wife handles all.

Example, electric iron = 1000w, if switch on for 1hr = 1000wh=1KWH

Why waste money, energy & time to buy device to monitor?

Wife also said I like to switch on PLC lights and waste electricity, I told here certain cloth need not to iron, but she still irons. 1PLC light =26w. Iron =1000w. 1000/26=38. I told her my switch on light for 38hrs = her switch on iron for 1 hr!

Edited by bepgof

SPOWER's e-mail to me years ago, should still be relevant, except for the tariff part, which now is $0.2413 per kWH :

Dear xxxxx,

We refer to your email dated 04 June 2002.

All electrical appliances are rated in Watts (Wh) or Kilo-watts (kWh), where 1 kWh is equivalent to 1000 Wh. The definition of a Kilo-watts (kWh) is the amount of electricity consumed per hour. Therefore, the higher the rating, and the longer you use the appliance, the more electricity the appliance consumes.

The total electricity consumption by an appliance per day can be calculated by multiplying the estimated electricity consumed by the appliance per hour by the average number of hours used per day.

Hence, using the example of a desktop for reference:

CPU = 300 W

Monitor = 100 W

Total electricity consumption = 300 W + 100 W = 400 W Total electricity consumption in 1 hr = 400W x 1 hr = 400 Wh

400Wh = 0.4 kWh

To find out the consumption in cost, simply multiple the total consumption by the tariff rate. So supposedly at an Tariff rate of $0.1502 per kWh used, after 1 hour of using the desktop, your consumption in $ would be

$0.06008 (0.4 kWh x $0.1502 x1 hr).

Should you require any further clarification, please do not hesitate to call our Hotline at 1800-235-6841.

Yours sincerely,

Law Wing Chi

Customer Services

Edited by titanax

Hmm...artspeople, don't think yours got anything to do with power consumption leh.

I suppose you can use some energy saving applicances, especially air-con, water heater and refrigerator.

Many people really do not care about our environment. Some of us really cares. But if all of us will seen the truth about what we are doing I think our mother earth will live much longer. Energy saving is really pretty good. Refrigerator consumes a lot of electricity but how can we reduce it?