Mission : To renovate current 4rm (simplified) HDB home @ Woodlands St32

ID : Intra Design

Designer : Dave/Irene/Ken

Budget : SGD 46K (Based on quotation)

Date Started : 17th Dec 07

Latest ETC : 17th Feb 08

Main Works (Quotation)

Masonry works

1) Re-tile Floor & Wall Tiles (Whole Flat) - Living/Kitchen 600x600mm.

2) Re-sizing Kitchen Area (Hacking off store and move Kitchen boundary inwards)

3) Re-piping (whole flat), S/S pipings.

4) Plaster whole flat

5) Re-paint whole flat

Carpentry works

1) ??ft Kitchen Island, 12ft Solid Surface Top (4" front profile), 1 BLUM system drawer, 3 sand blasted glass doors, glass panel between kitchen cabinets, all cabinet/drawers self-closing hinges

2) Replace Kitchen windows & grilles, (3 tracks sliding windows, 3 tracks grilles)

3) Replace rubbish chute (S/S)

4) Construct 5.5ft half-height Sink/washing machine partition with laminate finish

5) Construct 5.5ft (ceiling height) Kitchen/Dining partition

6) 10mm thick casement tempered glass door for kitchen

7) 5.5ft Dining Hall storage cabinet (Floor to Ceiling)

8) 6ft Dining Hall Feature Wall (Floor to Ceiling)

9) 9ft TV Feature Wall cum Storage (Floor to Ceiling) with TV Console

10) 5ft Altar (Floor to Ceiling)

11) 3ft Shoe Cabinet with 2.5ft Sofa Settee with Display Cabinet

12) L-Box for Living & Dining Hall

13) Built-in Wardrobes (All Rooms), 6.5ft, 6.5ft, 4ft

14) L-Box for MBR

15) 3ft Corner TV Console for MBR

16) Bath Cubicle for MBR, with 10mm tempered glass screen

17) L-box for MBR toilet pipings

18) Besglas Aluminium bi-fold doors for both toilets

*Note: Common works not mentioned.

Edited by Iceman

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

DAY 1 - 17th Dec 07

Hacking Starts (3 days, 17th - 19th Dec)

Living Room Hacked!

P1030174.jpg

MBR Hacked!

P1030168.jpg

Bedroom 2 (My Room) Hacked!

P1030169.jpg

The Kitchen, Bedroom 3, toilets are not hacked yet. Work continues tml!

Today's work done by the 2 workers shown in the pics below.

P1030172.jpg

The Kitchen in a mess after removal of Copper Pipings & Cabinets.

P1030171.jpg

The Aircon units are not covered though....accumulating dust! Gotta let irene know b4 my aircon becomes dustcon!

Edited by Iceman

DAY 2 - 18th Dec

Today the demolition works continue. Dropped by after work and the hacking in progress in Kitchen and Bedroom3. The hacking of toilets are completed.

The aircon units are covered up. thks to irene. :unsure:

P1030175.jpg

MBR toilet hacked!

P1030176.jpg

Kitchen hacked!

P1030182.jpg

Bedroom 3 in the process of hacking.

P1030177.jpg

At 7pm, they are removing the debris to the pickup at the carpark.

LOL! I cant believe you actually get both of them to post for you! Anyway gd luck in renovating ur house. :)

Hehe, they are very friendly le.....and pretty motivated and happy workers....think their boss treat them very well.

Thks. I hope the end product turns out to be exceptional! (based on my ID promise). I'll drop by yr T-blog to see yr reno progress too!

Cheers.

Iceman

Edited by Iceman

Hey, think u better let yor ID noe abt dis THICK FLOOR THINGY. Show ur ID/contractor e pix, check with him dat pcs izit frm the DOOR ENTRANCE KERB?

Think e FINISHED FLOORING (CEMENT SCREED & FLOOR TILE) SHOULD NOT BE MORE THAN 50mm.

It is stated in one of e hdb renovation guildlines. Additional floor thickness will add DEAD LOAD to e floor slab. Structurally, it is not allowed.

Refer to here -> HDB Flat Renovation Guidelines

Think if it is found so, THE CONTRACTOR'S LICENSE WILL BE SUSPENDED.

Look 4ward ur updates.

:dancingqueen:

Edited by jaCKY777

Hey, think u better let yor ID noe abt dis THICK FLOOR THINGY. Show ur ID/contractor e pix, check with him dat pcs izit frm the DOOR ENTRANCE KERB?

Think e FINISHED FLOORING (CEMENT SCREED & FLOOR TILE) SHOULD NOT BE MORE THAN 50mm.

It is stated in one of e hdb renovation guildlines. Additional floor thickness will add DEAD LOAD to e floor slab. Structurally, it is not allowed.

Refer to here -> http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10205p.nsf/WP...Menu=Guidebooks

Think if it is found so, THE CONTRACTOR'S LICENSE WILL BE SUSPENDED.

Look 4ward ur updates.

:P

Yah lor..have already info my ID. Meeting her up at the location on monday to discuss and also other details tiles etc..although hdb ruling not more than 50mm, i realise that many other units in my block all the same height as mine....maybe the ruling has not kicked in 15yrs ago? anyway....i'll see if my ID can lower my flooring. Added ceiling height will look nice! 8|

could your neighbour be using ceramic tiles and yours homo?

more cement is actually required for laying homo tiles, i think !!

Oh, didn't think abt this. I'll check this out. Thks!! :dancingqueen:

DAY 4 - 20th Dec

Its Hari Raya!:dancingqueen: No work for today. Was working overnight and dropped by this morn to take a look at the progress. If you wondering how come I took so much effort to check on the progress, well its because my temporary residence is just a street away, within walking distance.

Basically, all the hacking and haulage has been completed, less the Storeroom wall (still awaiting updated permit) and old aircon ducts (think they miss out on this).

Hi Iceman, congrats on getting a unit at woodlands st 32... it's a pretty neat estate isn't it... with the stadium, causeway point etc all nearby... :) Coz i used to stay there too.. hee... i love the little hill behind the stadium... getting to the top and watching the world go by... miss it so much...

Anyway, good luck with reno!

Hi Iceman, congrats on getting a unit at woodlands st 32... it's a pretty neat estate isn't it... with the stadium, causeway point etc all nearby... :P Coz i used to stay there too.. hee... i love the little hill behind the stadium... getting to the top and watching the world go by... miss it so much...

Anyway, good luck with reno!

I've stayed there for the last 15yrs. Just that my elder bro has moved out, and i'll be moving out sometime next year. So we thot of re-doing the flat for our parents. They have the intention to stay on.

And yeah...I like CWP..has everything! as for the hill...well, erm....do get mosquito bites....esp in this monsoon season? :D

don't say you stay one street away, i stayed about 30 min drive away also almost checked on the progress everyday :D

Wah......lucky for me its one street away. If I stay 30mins drive away...maybe I'll just check on it only once a week! Me lazy ler..... :notti:

The mystery of Flooring height.

Observed that my Flooring Height is very high.....not sure if its normal. But most of the units have Flooring height as high as mine.

Here's a cross section view of the Flooring slab. Notice that the cement screed is very thick?

P1030178.jpg

Went over to my nearest neighbour's and did a comparison.....the height of the floor is very different instead!

Using the Paint can as a measurement mark

P1030185.jpg

P1030186.jpg

Well, hope the height of the flooring can be lowered, then might be able to do a full false ceiling in living room instead of L-box!

DAY 4 - 20th Dec

Its Hari Raya!:deal: No work for today. Was working overnight and dropped by this morn to take a look at the progress. If you wondering how come I took so much effort to check on the progress, well its because my temporary residence is just a street away, within walking distance.

Basically, all the hacking and haulage has been completed, less the Storeroom wall (still awaiting updated permit) and old aircon ducts (think they miss out on this).

Received a SMS in the evening from Irene, the permit to remove the storeroom wall is approved. Will be doing the hacking on monday, 24th.

Here's some pics.

Cement and stuffs moved in. Debris cleared.

P1030197.jpg

Hoping to cover all these unsightly toilet water pipes.

P1030206.jpg

P1030208.jpg

Hacked everything, but left an old aircon duct behind??:P! 8|

P1030215.jpg

Discovered bad HDB's contractor workmanship more than 15yrs ago.....the gaps are not even filled up with cement.

P1030219.jpg

Some materials used by my ID's contractor. Anyone knows where they are of good or low quality?

P1030226.jpg

P1030225.jpg

P1030224.jpg

Advise pls!

The drainage filter....was given PVC material. would stainless steel ones look better? I got another ID who gave SS instead of PVC.

P1030223.jpg

Edited by Iceman

hello neighbour..hehe (well...neighbour in the same estate lah).. 8|

i also can't believe u got the workers to post for u. so cute...

hmm... perhaps your flooring has been overlayed before, thats why so thick? can u see if there's another layer of tile also? but from your photo looks like all concrete.

looking forward to see your revamp. u got a good budget, i'm sure your place will turn out real nice.

gd luck ya! :deal:

Edited by phoenix

Wah......lucky for me its one street away. If I stay 30mins drive away...maybe I'll just check on it only once a week! Me lazy ler..... 8|

hehehe this is my first time 'owning' a place mah, so super excited about everything :deal::P

feel that PVC is good enough for drainage area as S/S tend to have marks

so either you tolerate the unsightly marks or be hardworking and scrub the covers at least weekly :(