Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Iceman

**transformers~~~

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hello neighbour..hehe (well...neighbour in the same estate lah).. :P

i also can't believe u got the workers to post for u. so cute...

hmm... perhaps your flooring has been overlayed before, thats why so thick? can u see if there's another layer of tile also? but from your photo looks like all concrete.

looking forward to see your revamp. u got a good budget, i'm sure your place will turn out real nice.

gd luck ya! :)

Yupz...its all concrete. I'll see what my ID say this coming monday. Hope for a higher ceiling!

Good budget? more like budget bombed..... :jawdrop:

hehehe this is my first time 'owning' a place mah, so super excited about everything :):D

feel that PVC is good enough for drainage area as S/S tend to have marks

so either you tolerate the unsightly marks or be hardworking and scrub the covers at least weekly :bleah:

I haven got that feeling yet!! Only taking my key after CNY I guess. It will be another reno experience!

scrub WEEKLY!:) OMG.........erm...both sucks....do we have them made in titanium??:)!! :(

DAY 8 - 24th Dec

The flooring expert came and told us that our level (perhaps the whole block) is tilted to one side!:dunno: Perhaps a measurement gone wrong when HDB builds it?

With all the cement screed gone, we can see that the floor is a slope...very obvious loh! So no choice, got to lay thick cement at the lower end of the slope to balance off and thus the thick cement screed we saw in the pic I took earlier.

Today, all the tiles came and Irene/Ken confirm with us the tiling details and how the mosiac runs in the toilets. The mosiacs are indeed a nice edition to the toilets. ;-) Will post a pic once they complete!

Workers moving Tiles

P1030299.jpg

The tiles still in its packaging

P1030307.jpg

The beautiful pure white homogeneous tiles for my flooring

P1030302.jpg

The toilet tiles and the mosiacs

P1030300.jpg

The sand are moved in.

P1030305.jpg

P1030304.jpg

The electrician re-running all the cables......almost all done. Living room,bedrooms and now kitchen.

P1030306.jpg

P1030305.jpg

P1030301.jpg

UPDATE ON NEW PURCHASE

TV : Sharp Aquos 32" LCD TV - $899.00 (Promo)

Fridge : Toshiba 460L Hybrid Guard System (2 Door) - $769.00

Storage Heater : A.O. Smith 30L Horizontal - $267.00

Hood & Hob : Yet to Buy

Coffee Table : Yet to Buy

Curtain Rods & Curtains : Yet to Buy

Main gate (aluminium) : Yet to Buy

Kitchen Sink : Yet to Buy

Kitchen Sink Tap : Yet to Buy

MBR Toilet

1. Rain Shower Set (Rectangle Rain Shower, Round Massage Hand Shower)- $399.00 (promo)

2. Soft Closing Dual-Flush W.C. - $138.00 (promo)

2. Rectangle Wall Basin- $100.00

3. Basin Cold Tap - $65.00

4. Art Glass Mirror - $68.00 (promo)

5. Bidet Spray with Angle Valve Control - $36.00

6. Brass Pop-up Waste- $13.00

7. Paper Holder - Yet to Buy

8. Shower Rack - Yet to Buy

9. Wash Basin Rack - Yet to Buy

10. Toothbrush Holder - Yet to Buy

11. Towel Holder - Yet to Buy

Common Toilet

1. Bath Shower Set, Bath Mixer, Basin Cold Tap, Brass Pop-up Waste - $148.00 (promo)

2. Soft Closing Dual-Flush W.C. - $138.00 (promo)

3. Oblong Wall Basin- $115.00

4. Mirror - Yet to Buy

5. Bidet Spray with Angle Valve Control - $36.00

6. Paper Holder - Yet to Buy

7. Shower Rack - Yet to Buy

8. Wash Basin Rack - Yet to Buy

9. Toothbrush Holder - Yet to Buy

10. Towel Holder - Yet to Buy

11. Soap Rack - Yet to Buy

That's all for the moment!!

DAY 8 - 24th Dec

The flooring expert came and told us that our level (perhaps the whole block) is tilted to one side!:dunno: Perhaps a measurement gone wrong when HDB builds it?

With all the cement screed gone, we can see that the floor is a slope...very obvious loh! So no choice, got to lay thick cement at the lower end of the slope to balance off and thus the thick cement screed we saw in the pic I took earlier.

The tiles still in its packaging

P1030307.jpg

The beautiful pure white homogeneous tiles for my flooring

P1030302.jpg

OIC...

Hey, wats e brand of e Pure White Homogeneous Tiles? Price per foot run? Wher u got it frm?

:P

OIC...

Hey, wats e brand of e Pure White Homogeneous Tiles? Price per foot run? Wher u got it frm?

:fire:

Brand? Dunno leh.....I bought it from a shop name SURFACE @ Defu Ave 1, Opp. Bus Depot. Its $3.80 psf.

:jawdrop:

DAY 13 - 29th DEC

Updates:

The plastering has been completed. However, the side opp. the stove still can see the prev tiles marks. not sure if they are still visible after painting? Gotta check with Irene.

P1030325.jpg

The tiling and laying of mosiacs in the toilets in progress. Looking great!

P1030332.jpg

P1030334.jpg

P1030329.jpg

I supposed the area is left open for my curtain holder? hehe....

P1030327.jpg

That's all for the moment!!

Your new home is taking shape. You must be anxious like all of us who are undergoing/have undergone major renovations!

Oh yes I am! Really eager to see the end results. And i'm really lucky that I'm in good hands. Did not face alot of customer & ID issues....and so alot less stressful. Can concentrate on buying furnishings instead.

Dear netizens,

I've just completed my little project - makeover of 4RM HDB for my parents. I'll be having a little "Open House" before moving all the barang barang in. I myself have been to a few "Open House" before I decided on my theme/design, and I found them really informative. Now that my project is coming to an end, I would like to spend a few hrs to give back to this community.

Details as follows:

Date : 26th & 27th Feb 08

Time : 7pm - 8.30pm

Venue : Woodlands St 32 (Exact unit will informed)

Nick : Iceman

Remarks : Pls sms me yr "Name" & "Arriving Time". If there are any changes, pls update me as I might just go off early if there is no confirmed appts. ;-)

thanx for your invitation for open house, what is the theme for your house? my theme for my future home is contemporary modern, wonder is yours the same?

Dear netizens,

I've just completed my little project - makeover of 4RM HDB for my parents. I'll be having a little "Open House" before moving all the barang barang in. I myself have been to a few "Open House" before I decided on my theme/design, and I found them really informative. Now that my project is coming to an end, I would like to spend a few hrs to give back to this community.

Details as follows:

Date : 26th & 27th Feb 08

Time : 7pm - 8.30pm

Venue : Woodlands St 32 (Exact unit will informed)

Nick : Iceman

Remarks : Pls sms me yr "Name" & "Arriving Time". If there are any changes, pls update me as I might just go off early if there is no confirmed appts. ;-)

hi! :help:

how was your open house that day? i wanted to sms u and see if i can go kaypo or not.. i live pretty near u ... but was so busy cleaning up so in the end didn't contact u.