Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
houndster

Thinking Of Doing False Ceiling

Hi All, i'm thinking of doing false ceiling for living room, dining area and bedrooms. What are the pros and cons for doing false ceiling? Heard that when raining weather the moist will damage the board and will have crack lines. Anyone experience it before?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi All, i'm thinking of doing false ceiling for living room, dining area and bedrooms. What are the pros and cons for doing false ceiling? Heard that when raining weather the moist will damage the board and will have crack lines. Anyone experience it before?

It will make your ceiling lower and unable to have ceiling fan.

Other than that...nothing.

mostly only the top most level (floor) has high ceiling - so not a problem.

other wise dont you think it's a little cramp???

Hi houndster,

If your apt is a HDB apt, there's a standard height critieria first of all. Once you've false ceiling, you're not allow to have platform. Unless your living room is doing L-Box with Light holder, you'll be able to have a platform & at the same time you're able to have a ceiling fan if you like to install one.

If you have a very lengthy living room, then the L-Box will enhance your living room making it look as if it has a higher ceiling visually. False Ceiling will make your house look so much more compressed, it will make you feel pressurised psychologically.

As for your dining area, you can do false ceiling but I would also recommend you to have "down lights" or "hanging lights" hung directly above your dining table to create the atmosphere.

As for the water moisture during the rainy seasons may damaged the false ceiling or crack lines are false as so far I've not heard of such issues.

Edited by joe_ling