Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
knitez

Yishun 3-rm Hdb Resale Unit At $35k Abv Valuation. Deal Or No-deal?

elven_princess: do you remember me? your nick sounds familiar, think we spreed before is it?? :D

agreed with you that maybe ethnic quota plays a part..but i been to see malay and indian house, quite terrible leh and it "smell" a little..

do drop by my house to experience quite terrible and 'smell' a little if u can. I cannot deny that although there r.

Im a Malay but .. but it all depends on individual . It doesnt makes a difference whether ur an Indian , Malay

or Chinese... Im not offended by ur sayin but others might.Think again.We r living in a multi-racial society including foreigners from mainland China.

No Offence... :)

Edited by sino_74

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
do drop by my house to experience quite terrible and 'smell' a little if u can. I cannot deny that although there r.

Im a Malay but .. but it all depends on individual . It doesnt makes a difference whether ur an Indian , Malay

or Chinese... Im not offended by ur sayin but others might.Think again.We r living in a multi-racial society including foreigners from mainland China.

No Offence... :drunk:

hi sino,

i fully agree with you that it all depend on individual to up keep the house.

FYI, i am Chinese and i have viewed some Chinese,Malay and Indian houses Dec last year. Generally, i would say 90% Malay houses are well kept. In fact, i would have bought a low floor Malay house if not because of the main door facing a T-junction.

The house belong to a friendly grandmother and is not really beautifully renovated but it is neat and simple. i don't see myself spending alot to refurnish the place and am very comfortable to move in with minimum touch up. Frankly, i always find that our Malay friends really love and take good care of their family and house.

On the other hand, i must agree with babytan that Indian house seemed to "smell" a little. Maybe i have not seen enough Indian house or i just not fated to see a nice one. However, of the few that i have seen, the condition and "smell" really put me off. Sorry to all Indian forumers, i dont mean to "stereo-type", i just share my personal experience during my house hunting. Actually, most of my friends share the same sentiment with me regarding Indian's house. One reason i can think of is because we are not used to the smell of Indian's cooking and .........etc.

Ironically, i have Indian friends during school, work and army. i don't find them "smell". In contrary, i find them neat and well gloomed.

just my 2 cents! Again, sorry if i offended anyone. mod please delete this post if it is deemed inappropriate. i really dont mean and will never pinpoint any race since we are all human and living in the same Singapore.

cheers! :D

I been to Chinese house and sometimes it smell worst.... it all depends on how you upkeep you place. Anyway, if you are renovating, all the smell will be gone after that....

Hi everyone, appreciate some advice here.

I'm eyeing a 3-rm HDB corridor unit on level 8 and within walking distance to the mrt station. Valuation at about $185K and owner asking $35K above valuation.

Sounds like quite a sum for a 3-rm unit. Wondering if it's an ok deal. Your views? Thanks.

Back to the topic...$35K above valuation is way to high...unless its a lift landing , near amenieties like market etc.. n well renovated.

By e way , just to share..Ive got a deal @ Ysh Rg Rd #09 5I center corner @ $272 000 valuation + $12K.

No doubt I need to take a feeder bus or 10-15mins walk to e Mrt station,amenities like market , school, park n Safra r 5-10mins walk.

But eventually its up to u if u can afford e cash.Just my 2cents worth. :notti:

Edited by sino_74

Back to the topic...$35K above valuation is way to high...unless its a lift landing , near amenieties like market etc.. n well renovated.

By e way , just to share..Ive got a deal @ Ysh Rg Rd #09 5I center corner @ $272 000 valuation + $12K.

No doubt I need to take a feeder bus or 10-15mins walk to e Mrt station,amenities like market , school, park n Safra r 5-10mins walk.

But eventually its up to u if u can afford e cash.Just my 2cents worth. :jawdrop:

hi sino_74,

near SAFRA... sounds like 200 series to me. is it 4-rm? :)

just fyi, i let go of that unit that asked for $35 COV. found myself another 3-rm unit in a nearby block, top-floor, 5-min walk to MRT, near chong pang market. Valuation at $205K and COV is $30K. still a bit pricey but because i like it, so i went for it. hope i wont regret my choice :notti:

hi sino_74,

near SAFRA... sounds like 200 series to me. is it 4-rm? :jawdrop:

just fyi, i let go of that unit that asked for $35 COV. found myself another 3-rm unit in a nearby block, top-floor, 5-min walk to MRT, near chong pang market. Valuation at $205K and COV is $30K. still a bit pricey but because i like it, so i went for it. hope i wont regret my choice :notti:

hi knitez, dont mind me asking. is the flat you purchased less than 10 yrs old? flats that are less than 10 yrs old are rare in yishun.

hi knitez, dont mind me asking. is the flat you purchased less than 10 yrs old? flats that are less than 10 yrs old are rare in yishun.

nope, the flat i purchased is 24yrs old. 700series :P

Hi all, quite new to the forum. But getting so depressed coz we can't get reasonably priced houses. Balloting always see ourselves having 4 digit queue nos. Resale is asking for sky high nos.

My fiance and I are looking for houses near Boon Keng. If Yishun 3 room is asking for 35k, I don't dare to think about BK. I am looking for a friend's agent, while she was fact filing me, she told me that now, regardless reno or no reno, the min asking price is 30k. After that must reno, pay agent's commission... :P

It's so ironic. On one hand you wish your pay to go higher and higher. But if so we are hitting the 8k ceiling. I think we only have abt 1 yr to go before we hit. So depressed!:P If it's really true that 2008 will see prices increased by 10%, what are we supposed to do! :P

u still can get good deals. trust me.... i had been there and done that.

i bought my resale 5 room in Sept/Oct 07, 120sqm, 6/7 years old, in toa payoh. directly above MRT. all sheltered all the way, with all amenities around. COV only 25k.

with nice decor and reno somemore.

BUT u need alot of patience and got to do alot of legwork. i found this gem only after 4 months of seeing many units.

i almost wanted to give up after 1-2 months. but i persisted and believed that i will find one that suit my requirements and $$.

of course i met alot of agents who bluff say tat market so hot now, cannot find cheap price anymore, COV must be at least 80k-100k in toa payoh, blah blah blah...... i told them to fly kite.

of course i also sold my own flat in July 07. 3 room flat in toa payoh also, central area, directly above MRT. COV $45k. and my 3 room flat ain't new. already 36 yrs old.

i got to play hard ball here as a seller and buyer.

my point here is u are still able to find good deals. those 80k-100k COV are all bull ****.

of course i see alot of nice units in toa payoh, and many sellers are asking for 60k-100k COV. some are lucky to find suckers who are willing to pay. but i'm not one of those suckers.

anyway, i found my 5 room by myself. i got own agent to help look for me, but he just couldnt find one that suit my requirement. too bad for him. i found it myself and this saved my commission payable to agent.

another point is DUN depend on agents alone. you got to find some flats yourself. scan the papers and call up. and do some legwork, walk around to see units. and talk to agents to learn some information and tips from them.

i spend 4 months doing this, before getting this flat.