Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
knitez

Yishun 3-rm Hdb Resale Unit At $35k Abv Valuation. Deal Or No-deal?

Hi everyone, appreciate some advice here.

I'm eyeing a 3-rm HDB corridor unit on level 8 and within walking distance to the mrt station. Valuation at about $185K and owner asking $35K above valuation.

Sounds like quite a sum for a 3-rm unit. Wondering if it's an ok deal. Your views? Thanks.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

How old is the flat and hows the condition? Personally, i would not buy as the COV of $35k is too much for areas like Yishun and 8th floor is only consider as mid-floor. Look ard more, you can find better ones..

I'm eyeing a 3-rm HDB corridor unit on level 8 and within walking distance to the mrt station. Valuation at about $185K and owner asking $35K above valuation.

Sounds like quite a sum for a 3-rm unit. Wondering if it's an ok deal. Your views? Thanks.

Edited by hongss

did you ask whether the cash can be negotiable?

i came across some sellers that quoted us 43k COV also 3 room but in the west, i think is 10th floor

we thought that was high then the agent said the no 43K but at least 30K...lolz

but personally i would the most pay $20-25K for 3 rooms

the lesser the better lah

slowly look around and you may find a better offer ;)

How long have you been finding?

$35 COV really alot wor for 3room!

It's near Khatib MRT or Yishun MRT?

Maybe you try to push it lower see the owner ok a not?

Any other buyer interested in the flat too? Check with your agent.

Owner seems to be quite determined on $35K COV, though I can try to push. It's near Yishun MRT, easily walkable.

According to my agent, someone offered $32K, but no decision yet. Dunno how true :dribble:

Owner seems to be quite determined on $35K COV, though I can try to push. It's near Yishun MRT, easily walkable.

According to my agent, someone offered $32K, but no decision yet. Dunno how true :bangwall:

if u can cough out this type of cov amt, u can get better areas... high floor, also near mrt.

8th floor is not even considered high floor also. has it been upgraded before? lift level?

i think your agent playing 'bluff' with you. but then again, hard to be sure. maybe the owner lucky really got offer for 32K.. but i seriously doubt it. unless its been renovated like designer decor, then maybe.

Yes, i agree. The seller is just trying his luck to sell at such a high price due to the recent cases of hdb flats selling at record high prices. As what Phoenix mentioned, with $35k cash in your pocket, you can find better areas and higher floors. If you do not need a flat urgently, give urself more time and look ard. Sure can find better ones..

I also doubt that there's an offer of $32k. If it's really true, let it go..no point

if u can cough out this type of cov amt, u can get better areas... high floor, also near mrt.

8th floor is not even considered high floor also. has it been upgraded before? lift level?

i think your agent playing 'bluff' with you. but then again, hard to be sure. maybe the owner lucky really got offer for 32K.. but i seriously doubt it. unless its been renovated like designer decor, then maybe.

Yes, i agree. The seller is just trying his luck to sell at such a high price due to the recent cases of hdb flats selling at record high prices. As what Phoenix mentioned, with $35k cash in your pocket, you can find better areas and higher floors. If you do not need a flat urgently, give urself more time and look ard. Sure can find better ones..

I also doubt that there's an offer of $32k. If it's really true, let it go..no point

hmm...was juz talking to my hubby. he mentioned that property mkt still 'hot' and its projected to increase another 10% this yr.

try to read sat papers and call up to enquire about other estates, get a feel of what other estates asking for.

but wow, if yishun can call for 35K, then other more popular estates i can't imagine how much cov will be.

sometimes is agents tactics bah..

still i think 35K cash too much le and i bet you can find a better place

good luck :dunno:

I agree with babytan... 35k for 3rm flat in Yishun area is a little bit too out.... unless 4rm than diff story...

Fyi I juz sold my 3rm flat in Clementi COV $45k... n its condition is.... :notti:

So if Yishun 3rm can fetch 35K.... My mere $45k in Clementi consider what?? 8|

Ya lor, $35K for a 4 rooms unit maybe i see the point.

But the open market is hotter now compare to mid of 2007 when i'm looking for resale flat.

I see now asking for $35K COV is just the norm wor. hmmm....is it?

Seller just thought if you don't want, other people will want. Aiyo.... 8|

I'm set on Yishun coz my folks stay in Yishun and I wish to be near them that's y...

The unit was renovated before and is actually in move-in condition. It is on lift level, and quite windy. The agent is actually a friend of mine, and so far he has been diligent and respectful of my views without trying to influence me into anything.

But $35K is like you all said, on the high side for a 3-rm unit. Viewed another unit in the same block yesterday and owner asking $30K COV. Condition is bad but ok since I'll redo everything anyway. But thing is I like the $35K COV unit better haha!

But me no hurry to get, so i prob will wait and see. Do you all think $30K COV is reasonable?

I'm set on Yishun coz my folks stay in Yishun and I wish to be near them that's y...

The unit was renovated before and is actually in move-in condition. It is on lift level, and quite windy. The agent is actually a friend of mine, and so far he has been diligent and respectful of my views without trying to influence me into anything.

But $35K is like you all said, on the high side for a 3-rm unit. Viewed another unit in the same block yesterday and owner asking $30K COV. Condition is bad but ok since I'll redo everything anyway. But thing is I like the $35K COV unit better haha!

But me no hurry to get, so i prob will wait and see. Do you all think $30K COV is reasonable?

If cost of the flat is an issue to you, better get a flat you like soon.... cos today's news mentioned that the price of HDB resale flat may increase further in 2008 by 10%.... So the longer you drag, the price may increase accordingly.... !!

But $35k at Yishun a little too high.... Toa Payoh Central 3rm also around $35-$40k COV and its at Singapore's central location.....

!!

Edited by Brainstorm