Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shutiao06

Jw St 64 - Common Defects Found

hmm i recalled a fellow forumer also had such prob.. it was after reno after the chemical wash too.

myself i encountered it too.. but the whole groutin din come out..

after hdb did the groutin for us, we cleaned the floor..then i realised when i used my finger to rub on the grouting, there's b powdery stuff coming off.. so i :furious: feedback to hdb again.. then i 4gotten whether they got redo it for us or not.. but after tat when i rub, it din reali come off liao.

wonderin is it cos the chemical wash a bit too strong for the floor.. did feedback to my id tat time and i tink he mentioned wil juz use mild one.

so have u found a solution, henry?

No solution yet. was thinking if can ask the hdb to redo again, but scare the whole place dusty again.. do u have any suggestions?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
No solution yet. was thinking if can ask the hdb to redo again, but scare the whole place dusty again.. do u have any suggestions?

hmm i tink the other time when i was PM rav3n, she did mention they've got this prob too. but i 4gotten wat she did to solve the prob already..sorry.. perhaps u might want to check with her.. :)

How did u all get the hdb contractor to revarnish the parquet flooring for u FOC? What was the reason u give?

I asked for revarnishing and they said it was already varnished when they hand over to HDB.

How did u all get the hdb contractor to revarnish the parquet flooring for u FOC? What was the reason u give?

I asked for revarnishing and they said it was already varnished when they hand over to HDB.

Hmm... lookout for hollow parquet and request them to re-tile the parquet. They will say they can't.

Then ask them what can they do? They will say they can only fill up with glue.

Ask them abt the process. They will say they will drill a hole on the parquet and then patch it back.

Ask them about the holes and how are they going to conceal it if there are so many (like mine, full of hollow parquet).

They should answer that they will sand and revarnish it.

Hi rumi,

As for hollow parquet, its the same process as how you check for hollow tiles. The sound is exactly the same as any hollow items, a very high pitch sound. "Empty vessels makes the most noise" and think you should know the meaning.

Cheers.

just to add, i think cannot use knuckles like checking for hollow tiles in ceramic. Can try use coins, back of a pencil. Finger nails also can. Ah Xiang used finger nails to tap one one or two but if u do the whole room, later will get sore fingers after checking all the parquet. :D

BTW, BSC has changed my windows' cracked plastic hinges. The HDB officer, duno is it Mr Tan, assured me during inspection that the plastic inside actually has metal. He probably hoped that I will close one eye lar. But windows issue is about safety so i insisted on the change. That day I asked the contractor and he said the entire piece is plastic. Although tough, it may still crack after a long time (as long as the period between the flat's completion date till today). heng I changed. Now only waiting for main door.

and one more thing, I noticed the sleepy girl at bsc is no longer there. :bow:

just to add, i think cannot use knuckles like checking for hollow tiles in ceramic. Can try use coins, back of a pencil. Finger nails also can. Ah Xiang used finger nails to tap one one or two but if u do the whole room, later will get sore fingers after checking all the parquet. :D

BTW, BSC has changed my windows' cracked plastic hinges. The HDB officer, duno is it Mr Tan, assured me during inspection that the plastic inside actually has metal. He probably hoped that I will close one eye lar. But windows issue is about safety so i insisted on the change. That day I asked the contractor and he said the entire piece is plastic. Although tough, it may still crack after a long time (as long as the period between the flat's completion date till today). heng I changed. Now only waiting for main door.

yo commando, long time no "talk" hee. so how's ur reno comin along? i guess shld be completed or near completion rite? :notti:

wow..so gd..tat means actually they can change it one.. hmm mayb i shld go bug them to change for us again hee. as for the main door.. haiz.. dun tink they'll change for us. tink mayb we'll c how it is after the reno then decide whether to insist on a new door. but quite tough since they've touch up our old one. wah thank god :P but i guess perhaps she cant take the stress so left. guess no one can work there so long..too stressful :unsure:

They had replacement the protection film for my window panel.

Now im also waiting for my main door replacement.

Hi

Finally BSC has done up the defects for my flats after weeks of pushing and calling them. ;)

Find them so blur cos i've submitted my keys to them 1/2 month ago but they just keep overlook the defect for my dirty grouting for my kitchen. And the best thing is, when they've completed, they didn't even bother to call me. Need me to keep calling them and ask them. :furious:

Now just waiting for replacement for my main door.

I have a strong feeling they will keep their promise abt changing our main door. :yamseng:

shutiao, yah **** long. I was busy with exams and after exams got alot of backlog at work so didn't come and post actively. once a while see familiar issues then help answer abit lor.

yah my house is done. I didn't do much reno though it's been months... Only kitchen cab, living/dining room cornice, wardrobe, curtains that require external pple to do. The rest of the items I do myself lor. save $, own effort, so slow progress :P

Now i'm left with MBR lights because the shop's supplier cannot provide a flawless one. u know those acrylic lights? the exterior very sensitive and prone to cracks, scratches.

Also got to clean up the whole house. duno how long it will take sia. zz

if no time, can get those part time maid to clean up for the first time.

Will be easier for you.

i think we spent a good few weekends to clean up the house. Every week clean liao, next weekend the ID came up to rectify something and we got to clean it again.

too much reno going on in our estate. Just 1 week, it become dusty liao

if no time, can get those part time maid to clean up for the first time.

Will be easier for you.

i think we spent a good few weekends to clean up the house. Every week clean liao, next weekend the ID came up to rectify something and we got to clean it again.

too much reno going on in our estate. Just 1 week, it become dusty liao

But i don't think the part time cleaners will clean the paint spots on the window panels right? After I'vee cleaned up the difficult spots such as paint stains then I get one to come clean up the whole house. :D

I have a strong feeling they will keep their promise abt changing our main door. :yamseng:

shutiao, yah **** long. I was busy with exams and after exams got alot of backlog at work so didn't come and post actively. once a while see familiar issues then help answer abit lor.

yah my house is done. I didn't do much reno though it's been months... Only kitchen cab, living/dining room cornice, wardrobe, curtains that require external pple to do. The rest of the items I do myself lor. save $, own effort, so slow progress :P

Now i'm left with MBR lights because the shop's supplier cannot provide a flawless one. u know those acrylic lights? the exterior very sensitive and prone to cracks, scratches.

Also got to clean up the whole house. duno how long it will take sia. zz

oic.. tat's gd.

wow.. diy.. can save money and shld have a stronger sense of "belonging" i guess hee.

hmm i tink i know wat u mean..cos my MBR light oso have a layer of acrylic below..oops but i din reali chk so thoroughly..duno whether got any scratches or cracks not.

slowly lor.. if u're not in a hurry to shift in, i tink shld b fine hee.

oic.. tat's gd.

wow.. diy.. can save money and shld have a stronger sense of "belonging" i guess hee.

hmm i tink i know wat u mean..cos my MBR light oso have a layer of acrylic below..oops but i din reali chk so thoroughly..duno whether got any scratches or cracks not.

slowly lor.. if u're not in a hurry to shift in, i tink shld b fine hee.

yah, need to diy because burnt a huge hole in the pocket. now waiting for next pay :(

not really in a hurry to shift in but would prefer to do it asap to close this chapter that's been bugging me :bow:

Edited by Commando