Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shutiao06

Jw St 64 - Common Defects Found

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Roseberry, $2500 including GST or excluding? FYI, Mine living rooms tiles prices cutted alot from $3k+ to $2.3k, cos after the finish hacking the whole living room tile and they going to replace the 400 tiles FOC, my husband asked him again at $2.3k to upgrade the tiles, if he cannot give this price, we will ask our ID to do it. And to our surprise, he said OK but with GST added and tile skirting.

You mean our parquet is Burmese type? Is Burmese better than Indo? FYI, Mr Tan is from HDB one. He is stationed at the site office (Heard frm HDB Officer). :notti: Mine also delayed for 1mth + and when we confirm we pay $ to redo, they did it very fast, 2 days after finishing job, call me to pass cheque to Ah Siang and I told him i need to check the flooring before passing cheque. :lol:

yah i know mr tan from HDB. He insisted that it was Burmese parquet when we met up with him few weeks ago and he mentioned the replacement can only be Indo.

Anyway, I've complained to HDB branch office. Will see how they'll solve the matter. !!

Edited by roseberry

Ytday he called and clarified again that it's not burmese parquet that's in my flat now. But Indo.

Wah lau eh. Dunno which is the truth and which is not. :P:(

Ytday he called and clarified again that it's not burmese parquet that's in my flat now. But Indo.

Wah lau eh. Dunno which is the truth and which is not. :P:(

To my understanding Burmese teak is dark brown in color, cos my friend used it in her flat. My old flat used Indo teak, almost same color as what J.W.St 64 offer to me. So I am confuse when u said Mr Tan said ours is Burmese.

hi,

would like to check with you guys. Did anyone had change the window panel? And How long was the waiting time?

And Main Door is it really take about 3 mth to change? Please Advise..

Mine, they mention had to find the window contractor, did't gave a deadline and don't know when.. !!

To my understanding Burmese teak is dark brown in color, cos my friend used it in her flat. My old flat used Indo teak, almost same color as what J.W.St 64 offer to me. So I am confuse when u said Mr Tan said ours is Burmese.

Yah he's getting me all confused too! He realy cannot make it!!!

anyone done their renovation and the gout line become dirty again despite they whiten it previously?

sianz leh. my contractor had put protective boards on the floor but when they did washing, the gout line become dirty again.

had already mentioned to BSC but they have not rectified it.

my ID mentioned to me that over years, the gout line will be dirty again due to dirt. Like this mean i have to live it with lah izzit...aiyo

Mine too... :dribble:

pray that they will come and clean up after my reno complete cos actually the HDB rectification not completed yet but they took too long so we went ahead with our reno first...

can keep us updated whether your request is approved? thanks ya :good:

Today, i spilled something on the floor.

even if i immediately wipe it, the gout line already got a bit stained.

goodness, is this very common?

i duno is the gout line colour wear off or it is stained but it seems a bit orangy-yellowish now.

No way we can avoid such thing?

Today, i spilled something on the floor.

even if i immediately wipe it, the gout line already got a bit stained.

goodness, is this very common?

i duno is the gout line colour wear off or it is stained but it seems a bit orangy-yellowish now.

No way we can avoid such thing?

I noticed that the grout material used is different from those that I've seen on other types of flooring (ceramic, granite). Maybe because the tiles are white so the grout material used to match the tiles is of a certain make (white) and is bound to turn off-white after a certain period of time.

duno what is the cost

i doubt BSC will do it for us

my ID say must use those 'mao pi' to paint coz it is so thin.

in another words, i think it will cost alot..

might as well do it myself.

sianz

HDB varnished once for my parquet already coz there are footprints in MBR, and bad stains in BR2 . But I am not satisfied coz there is still a big patch of black stain on my BR2. Went to the site office last Sat and the sleepy lady said that they already did it once, they cannot do it again!:yamseng: I so unhappy and they ask me to look for their manager Mr Tan on weekdays office hours. Can anyone advise how to get them to varnish again or anyone already did revarnish more than 2 times by HDB? Should I go online to email, will that be better???

HDB varnished once for my parquet already coz there are footprints in MBR, and bad stains in BR2 . But I am not satisfied coz there is still a big patch of black stain on my BR2. Went to the site office last Sat and the sleepy lady said that they already did it once, they cannot do it again!:D I so unhappy and they ask me to look for their manager Mr Tan on weekdays office hours. Can anyone advise how to get them to varnish again or anyone already did revarnish more than 2 times by HDB? Should I go online to email, will that be better???

I had footprints in my MBR too. At the toilet entrance. Crap right? So they revarnished it once for me but I still could see the footprints and made another complaint. After that, I checked and saw the footprints have become less visible. If I'm not wrong, they did not revarnish it but spot-polish the footprint area. And my wife was fine with the results so we accepted it.