Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shutiao06

Jw St 64 - Common Defects Found

Anyone here got your parque revarnish from HDB? they do some touch up for me and only did portion of it. Now it look funny.

My living room floor tiles was completely replaced now, was replaced with 4-5 pcs different tone tiles previously.

For main door, I'm on the waiting list also. Got to wait for 3 months for the new door.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
wah they r efficient leh..so gd for u :rofl:

wah btw u all always take leave to go down ah? we wkdays no time to go.. :good: very anxious to know how it is..

Hi shutiao06, u mean u complain of rusty letterbox lock and they replace a new lock for u? I did complain too leh, but think they bor chap, they only "polish" for me. The lock still look old, but opening no problem lar. I did saw a few new locks for my block. Wondering whether to complain again or not. :good:

Anyone here got your parque revarnish from HDB? they do some touch up for me and only did portion of it. Now it look funny.

My living room floor tiles was completely replaced now, was replaced with 4-5 pcs different tone tiles previously.

For main door, I'm on the waiting list also. Got to wait for 3 months for the new door.

my parquet for the 3 bedroom had been revarnished by the HDB contractor. so far so gud.

regards

Hi shutiao06, u mean u complain of rusty letterbox lock and they replace a new lock for u? I did complain too leh, but think they bor chap, they only "polish" for me. The lock still look old, but opening no problem lar. I did saw a few new locks for my block. Wondering whether to complain again or not. :good:

my letterbox lock also got replaced recently after i went down to BSC twice to complain how come they haven change the lock. insist a brand new lock from them, feedback to the BSC staff~

:good:

my parquet for the 3 bedroom had been revarnished by the HDB contractor. so far so gud.

regards

my letterbox lock also got replaced recently after i went down to BSC twice to complain how come they haven change the lock. insist a brand new lock from them, feedback to the BSC staff~

:good:

Oh.... I see. Think I better let them settle my flooring and other defects 1st before pestering them to change lock. lol. Thanks for ur guide. :good: Hope our defects can be settle fast mann....

Oh.... I see. Think I better let them settle my flooring and other defects 1st before pestering them to change lock. lol. Thanks for ur guide. :good: Hope our defects can be settle fast mann....

even thou letterbox lock is secondary, nevertheless, still pester them to change it... LOL!

no prob~ sure the defects can be settled soon~ :good:

Hi All

I just went to check for defects last weekend. But notice that the grouting in the living room is black & abit pinkish in colour and the worst is my MBR toilet. The grouting was so badly done as you could see the thick grouting and some more is brown in colour. Do you think they will retify this for me?

And lastly, how do you check for defects on the parquet and also how do you know HDB has revanish the parquet for us.

Sorry for asking so many questions.

Thanks ya!

Hi All

I just went to check for defects last weekend. But notice that the grouting in the living room is black & abit pinkish in colour and the worst is my MBR toilet. The grouting was so badly done as you could see the thick grouting and some more is brown in colour. Do you think they will retify this for me?

And lastly, how do you check for defects on the parquet and also how do you know HDB has revanish the parquet for us.

Thanks ya!

hi joc, regardin the stained grouting, no prob one u can juz include it in ur defects list. they wil do it for u one. cos a lot of us here had ours done also. juz insist tat they gota redo it..i guess shld b no prob one. they haven done my kitchen and bathroom one so nt too sure abt tat. but i agree the bathroom groutin looks reali dirty. today called them up again to ask them to do it for us cos we actually included tat in another defects list cos we only reported abt the livin room groutin initially.

for defects on parquet, i tink some forumers said they wil knock on every pc to chk for hollow ones. but i can say it's reali very tedious cos we tried tat. end up haven finished checkin all the 3 rooms ha. but i guess more importantly, look out for holes, gaps, dents, scratches etc. can ask them to revanish the skirtin as well as the parquet. u can surely c the diff after they revanish one cos it's more shiny and looks nicer, more glossy :)

My updates!

Took a look last Friday. I haven't got time to go up regularly to check on the progress. Tomorrow will be another week since I last checked :(

Living room and bomb shelter grouting done. Living room wall and ceiling cracks have been covered.

But I check out my matching pipes.... 8| .. I mean the concealed water pipe in the living room was still leaking. I check by removing the rectangular board and touch the pipe. It's wet. zz - Will feedback

Window hinges still not changed. I was told that the windows will take longer because it's done by BCA and they are waiting for stocks to arrive (from japan).

Bedrooms' hollow parquet which I marked with masking tapes have been filled but found some uneven ones probably due to overflow of glue. One of the parquet was cracked due to careless drilling. The worker had the cheek to put back the crack parquet. the crack is so obvious that I spotted it the moment i stepped into the room. - will feedback

Skirting in all bedrooms revarnished.

Cracks on bedroom doors have been mended and revarnished.

MBR footprints on parquet near toilet could still be seen. I was told it will be gone after revarnish. apparently it isn't so. Then there's a circle stain on the floor. must be caused by the can of varnish which they put on the floor - will feedback

Haiz, I can't remember what are the other defects as i don't have my list with me.

Lastly, I mentioned about the feedback to LTA regarding the opening of gaps / Putting up U-turn signs on Jurong West St 64 / Opening another entrance along Jurong West Ave 4. I just received a call from them and they will be looking into it. Hope we get good news and a safer road!

EDIT: Just now I called BSC and spoke to this sleepy-sounding lady who doesn't sound interested in taking calls so I couldn't find out the progress of the rectification works.

Thanks ya!

Hi,

I knocked on every single piece of parquet with the handle of a pair of plastic scissors. Because HDB uses glue-injection, the parquet will have tiny holes. I have so many hollow parquet so I only requested to fill those that are hollower (is there such a term?).

You can tell when HDB has revarnished the parquet if it looks darker and cleaner. Previously, the parquet flooring will look dull even after I've cleaned and mopped. That day when I went up and see, there's a little gloss :)

hi sengkt,

Happy for u that they change all the living room tiles! At least now the living room looks completely new 8|

did they tell u that they put u on the waiting list? My main door has alot of cracks and I'm wondering how come they have not mended/changed the door. I don't know if I'm on the waiting list anot too.

today juz collected our new letterbox key... rusty letterbox lock replaced~

:rofl:

hi haroldism,

you collected ur new letterbox key as HDB has handed over back to you or just the key? They changed my lock recently but I have no news from them. BTW, I noticed there's 2 batches of locks. the previous batch of locks (YTL Brand iirc) looks better. The current ones (like mine) look like those cheapo drawer locks . 8| But mai hiam, at least better than the rusty one. zz

Hi all, finally HDB officer fight for me to have all living rooms tiles hack but can only use the 400mm tiles. Think she got a hard time fighting for me. Pray hard that contractor guy won't do any funny things to my house. 8|

Hi kiki, So lucky u and sengkt managed to get all the tiles changed. :)

btw, the lady at the BSC which u pple spoke to is so much nicer. Just now i called and spoke to this lady who doesn't sound like the malay lady u pple mentioned. must be today i suay 8|

Edited by Commando

Thanks all for your feedback. Me going to start my through checking this weekend.

Hopefully to finish eveything by this month.

:notti::notti:

hi haroldism,

you collected ur new letterbox key as HDB has handed over back to you or just the key? They changed my lock recently but I have no news from them. BTW, I noticed there's 2 batches of locks. the previous batch of locks (YTL Brand iirc) looks better. The current ones (like mine) look like those cheapo drawer locks . :yamseng: But mai hiam, at least better than the rusty one. :P

hi! once i saw my letterbox lock had been changed, i went straight to BCA and collect the keys from them, coz they also never call me. my new letterbox lock is the cheapo drawer lock too... LOL!

regards

:sport-smiley-004:

hi! once i saw my letterbox lock had been changed, i went straight to BCA and collect the keys from them, coz they also never call me. my new letterbox lock is the cheapo drawer lock too... LOL!

regards

:notti:

oh yah hor, i never thought about collecting it from them. I think i should, else i may miss my SP bill :dancingqueen: Tomorrow I go! :notti:

My updates!

Hi kiki, So lucky u and sengkt managed to get all the tiles changed. :sport-smiley-004:

btw, the lady at the BSC which u pple spoke to is so much nicer. Just now i called and spoke to this lady who doesn't sound like the malay lady u pple mentioned. must be today i suay :)

Hi Commando, BSC do not want to change for me, I got 60+ tiles hollow, he said dig out 1 by 1 and replace, but I insist HDB lady officer to ask them to change it. If some reasonable request u request BSC, they do not want to do it for u, u can call to HDB officer directly. They will assist you.

Cheers

Hi Commando, BSC do not want to change for me, I got 60+ tiles hollow, he said dig out 1 by 1 and replace, but I insist HDB lady officer to ask them to change it. If some reasonable request u request BSC, they do not want to do it for u, u can call to HDB officer directly. They will assist you.

Cheers

Oh ok. I thought BSC and HDB were the same channels. Thanks for the headsup.

shutiao06, maybe you can do the same.

Oh ok. I thought BSC and HDB were the same channels. Thanks for the headsup.

shutiao06, maybe you can do the same.

Nope. When u submit online defects, there will be a lady calling u back telling u will arrange contractor to contact us. Later follow by BSC calls to fix a date with u to check defects etc. 2 ladies is from different channel. :yamseng:

Nope. When u submit online defects, there will be a lady calling u back telling u will arrange contractor to contact us. Later follow by BSC calls to fix a date with u to check defects etc. 2 ladies is from different channel. :yamseng:

Thanks! I will take a look at my house tomorrow as I have informed the foreman yesterday of some of the unsatisfactory rectifications. If the repairs are still not done properly, I will call HDB. And I think BSC will remember me for this. :unsure: