Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shutiao06

Jw St 64 - Common Defects Found

Hi haroldism,

yap saw ur pic and also other neighbour's posts tat the grouting prob can be rectified, tat's y we also feedback tat prob to hdb. however, duno y for our case, they seem to b reluctant to do it and keep finding excuses. nvm, shall wait and see wat happens since we also submited 3 lists of defects online. if they stil dun do anythin by this wkend :bath: i'm goin to the office to pester them liao :D

o is the lady's name "A**a"? cos she was the one who called me up. however, called her yday but she was on leave so cant get her. went down yday afternoon to submit the padlock key. btw, how long they take to do the groutin ah? and other defects have they finished doin?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
when we told them abt the rusty window hinges, the more senior looking guy was sayin o actually windows not included in the rectification one leh.. u wash already then ok la... :sport-smiley-004: rusty wash already oso rusty wat.. he kept sayin oh cant help it leh... when u buy the flat u shld know the flats r there for 5yrs already rite :bangwall: then even uneven parquet or some parts are actually "bloated", he also said cant do anythin much..

acutally we the buyer must stand firm.

because we pay for the 'premium' flat from HDB those are factor into the pricing.

if we buy the normal HDB flat and pay contractor to do the flooring, window, ect, will you accept this rusty, crack, dirty, substandard?

i don't think so..... so don't compromise.

what 5yrs flats... HDB did not sell to us at 5yrs ago price?

uneven and bloated parquet, i think they need to change it.

the above is just my view...(lucky my unit only minor defect)

because we pay for the 'premium' flat from HDB those are factor into the pricing.

if we buy the normal HDB flat and pay contractor to do the flooring, window, ect, will you accept this rusty, crack, dirty, substandard?

Hi, me too :notti: . As mentioned, I got more than 60 prob tiles in living rooms, lots of stains. Contractors said will change whole living rooms tiles for me, but ask me want to change to bigger tiles 600mmx600mm at extra cost of $4k and below. I am very angry abt this issue, cos we have already paid HDB for our premium flat, he keep saying HDB gives 400mmx400mm, if i want, they can only change the smaller one for me. The issue is don't u think I shld only pay the price diff for 400mm & 600mm instead of I bear the full price of 600mm. I have complaint to HDB officer incharge of our area, she told me she cannot do anything abt the price they quote us. **** unfair for us-buyer. I will keep pestering them too. Also the inspector who joint inspect with me said u shld know the condition of this 8 yrs old flat. :wub:

for the grout between the tiles, juz inform them to redo the grouting.

for my case, me n graciegal kept going down to the BSC and keep pestering the staff (one malay lady).

my purified grout as below~ they had redo for my living room, kitchen, both toilet.

f_whitegroutm_2b42241.jpg

Hi Haroldism, saw the picture u took on ur tiles. Did they change the tiles or use what HDB gave u 400mmx400mm? Yours seems so white compare to me leh.

kiki,

hihi~ for my case, i only ask them to redo the grout. for tiles, only ask them to change a scratched tile @ e living room and a tile (wif a small nail stick on it) @ e kitchen.

regards

:lol:

Hi haroldism,

yap saw ur pic and also other neighbour's posts tat the grouting prob can be rectified, tat's y we also feedback tat prob to hdb. however, duno y for our case, they seem to b reluctant to do it and keep finding excuses. nvm, shall wait and see wat happens since we also submited 3 lists of defects online. if they stil dun do anythin by this wkend :lol: i'm goin to the office to pester them liao :P

o is the lady's name "A**a"? cos she was the one who called me up. however, called her yday but she was on leave so cant get her. went down yday afternoon to submit the padlock key. btw, how long they take to do the groutin ah? and other defects have they finished doin?

dun care what the contractor have to say. juz feedback to the malay lady @ BSC will do. she very friendly and helpful, whatever problem, juz inform her. even after sumbiting the defects thru online, and after meetin up wif e HDB contractor, i still approached the malay lady and inform her of other newly found defects and she will take note and rush the contractor for u.

hope all your defects can be settled asap. for the grouting, i think roughly take 1-2days bah. for me, the defects left is the revarnishing of parquet for all the bedroom, crack on my main door and rusty letterbox lock.

regards

:unsure:

Hi, me too :P . As mentioned, I got more than 60 prob tiles in living rooms, lots of stains. Contractors said will change whole living rooms tiles for me, but ask me want to change to bigger tiles 600mmx600mm at extra cost of $4k and below. I am very angry abt this issue, cos we have already paid HDB for our premium flat, he keep saying HDB gives 400mmx400mm, if i want, they can only change the smaller one for me. The issue is don't u think I shld only pay the price diff for 400mm & 600mm instead of I bear the full price of 600mm. I have complaint to HDB officer incharge of our area, she told me she cannot do anything abt the price they quote us. **** unfair for us-buyer. I will keep pestering them too. Also the inspector who joint inspect with me said u shld know the condition of this 8 yrs old flat. :)

hi kiki, hmm they actually willing to change all the tiles in ur living room for u ah..then i guess urs shld b quite major prob. cos mine they din even bother to check all the masking tapes i labelled on our parquet. wonderin whether they'll reali rectify everythin one or not.

but i've got a Q... after they do the rectification on whichever part we indicated, would they remove the maskin tape? and if they do, and remove all the tapes, how can we verify whether they reali rectify all the defects? muz go thru one more round of inspection ah? wah piang then i faint ah :D chk one time already so d.amn tiring liao... :)

hmm i tink the price they wana charge u very ex leh. they base the price on wat they wil charge for doin 600mm tiles for the livin room or got take into consideration tat urs is rectification? thought they shld like give a discounted rate? cos i heard from an ID previously tat his owner last time got a lot of defects too but end up they liaise with contractor direct to redo the whole house flooring. need to pay only 500. but i not sure true or not la.. and duno how long ago tat was and for which area. try to complain again lor. cos i tink it's not fair for them to ask us to bear the cost if in the first place they din even do much quality control.

i'll c wat they do to our feedback. if stil cant work gota pester them again or mayb email to complain to hdb?

dun care what the contractor have to say. juz feedback to the malay lady @ BSC will do. she very friendly and helpful, whatever problem, juz inform her. even after sumbiting the defects thru online, and after meetin up wif e HDB contractor, i still approached the malay lady and inform her of other newly found defects and she will take note and rush the contractor for u.

hope all your defects can be settled asap. for the grouting, i think roughly take 1-2days bah. for me, the defects left is the revarnishing of parquet for all the bedroom, crack on my main door and rusty letterbox lock.

regards

:P

hmm ok. so far we never go down to BSC to look for the officers. always submit online. mon i first time go there ah. but din c her ard. i believe she shld b the one who called me. so u mean the other newly found defects even u dun submite online, juz tell her abt it then she'll also get the contractor to do for u? so gd..

wow tat's very fast leh. they redo kitchen and toilet as well? din know tat can b done as well. i juz added tat to my list of defects on sun only. duno they'll take note or not :notti: for parquet, u have any scratches or gaps uneven parquet? hope ours can b settled soon. when r u all startin reno?

ya lor.. tat's y so disappointed tat they have such sloppy finishes for premium flat. make us pay so much stil give us substandard work. :( the officer stil dare to tell me tat before handling over, they already did inspection but diff ppl got diff expectations. omg.. dun tell me for their own house they can accept stained grouting, uneven parquet, gaps, holes, cracks, rusty hinges etc etc :notti:

sure... wont compromise one...muz make sure we get wat we paid for hee :)

o ya i agree.. the price also wasnt discounted. the more i tink abt it, the more angry i become :P

hi kiki, hmm they actually willing to change all the tiles in ur living room for u ah..then i guess urs shld b quite major prob. cos mine they din even bother to check all the masking tapes i labelled on our parquet. wonderin whether they'll reali rectify everythin one or not.

but i've got a Q... after they do the rectification on whichever part we indicated, would they remove the maskin tape? and if they do, and remove all the tapes, how can we verify whether they reali rectify all the defects? muz go thru one more round of inspection ah? wah piang then i faint ah :rolleyes: chk one time already so d.amn tiring liao... zz

hmm i tink the price they wana charge u very ex leh. they base the price on wat they wil charge for doin 600mm tiles for the livin room or got take into consideration tat urs is rectification? thought they shld like give a discounted rate? cos i heard from an ID previously tat his owner last time got a lot of defects too but end up they liaise with contractor direct to redo the whole house flooring. need to pay only 500. but i not sure true or not la.. and duno how long ago tat was and for which area. try to complain again lor. cos i tink it's not fair for them to ask us to bear the cost if in the first place they din even do much quality control.

i'll c wat they do to our feedback. if stil cant work gota pester them again or mayb email to complain to hdb?

hmm ok. so far we never go down to BSC to look for the officers. always submit online. mon i first time go there ah. but din c her ard. i believe she shld b the one who called me. so u mean the other newly found defects even u dun submite online, juz tell her abt it then she'll also get the contractor to do for u? so gd..

wow tat's very fast leh. they redo kitchen and toilet as well? din know tat can b done as well. i juz added tat to my list of defects on sun only. duno they'll take note or not 8| for parquet, u have any scratches or gaps uneven parquet? hope ours can b settled soon. when r u all startin reno?

ya lor.. tat's y so disappointed tat they have such sloppy finishes for premium flat. make us pay so much stil give us substandard work. :lol: the officer stil dare to tell me tat before handling over, they already did inspection but diff ppl got diff expectations. omg.. dun tell me for their own house they can accept stained grouting, uneven parquet, gaps, holes, cracks, rusty hinges etc etc :D

sure... wont compromise one...muz make sure we get wat we paid for hee :P

o ya i agree.. the price also wasnt discounted. the more i tink abt it, the more angry i become :angry:

Hi Shutiao, I have called HDB branch office officer and she said she will be going down to my unit this morning. As i have said me and husband don't mind to pay a bit for doing bigger tiles, but they charging me the full price for it. Contractor still yaya with me saying HDB can't do anything and truth enough this officer told me she can't interfere the amount contractor charge me. 8| For parquet scratches and small gap, no choice, we have to accept, cos we have to ask our own reno contractor to sand it at a cost of est $600. But saw somewhere from this forum we can pester HDB to do it for us, but if u got crack parquet, must pester them to change it for u hor. Any of u got cracked main doors? Did u ask them to change a new door for u or just mend it only? I requested them to change a new door for me and they told me i have to wait 3 mths for the new door, ask me to accept this door and just mend it for me. Will update u guys again for my outcome.

Hi Hi

I'm planning to go down to check on the defects as i've yet to do so. But may i know how do you check the defects for tiles & parquet? And do you all actually wash up the floors 1st before checking?

shutiao,

me had went down to BSC for a few time for the defects matter, even u had submitted online and u found any new defects days later, u can juz proceed down to BSC and inform the ladies there (i only approach the malay lady). den she will contact the contractor and hurried them. she is tip top in service, always serve us wif a smile~

the grouting part, they had done my living room, kitchen n both toilet. the groutin, i also inform the malay lady that we are startin reno soon and she say no problem, will settle for us. impressed~

for the parquet, got lots of gap, and we had feedback this to the malay lady few time but she told us that the long list of people queueing for their parquet to be redo. and since alot of defetcs had been settled for us, i told the malay lady itz ok, parquet and my main door cracks can be done after my reno.

btw, my reno had started last week. click the link in my sig for viewing~

regards

:notti:

kiki,

can change the whole door huh? i dunno bout that lei... i only ask them to mend for me nia... if wait for 3mth for a new door, i sure wait de. i go BSC tomolo n ask the malay lady.

:notti:

Hi Hi

I'm planning to go down to check on the defects as i've yet to do so. But may i know how do you check the defects for tiles & parquet? And do you all actually wash up the floors 1st before checking?

Hi joc, i brought a cleaner up to clean the whole flat wall tiles and flooring cos very dirty, than another day to knock on the tiles to check the hollow and parquet. For parquet, I din really knock on pcs, but to check on gaps, dents and skirting. It will be a tiring job if u clean it yourself unless u got a helper to help u to clean the whole flat. :sport-smiley-004:

kiki,

can change the whole door huh? i dunno bout that lei... i only ask them to mend for me nia... if wait for 3mth for a new door, i sure wait de. i go BSC tomolo n ask the malay lady.

:rofl:

Hi Haroldism, change whole door if the crack is serious. They will give u craps said if change liao, the new door will still crack after sometimes due to water in the door blah blah blah.... I insist and the "malaysian" contractor told me in attittude said ok lor, than u wait 3 mths for the new door. I said ok lor. But the prob is my husband want it to be mend if really need to wait for 3mths cos we need our reno contractor to paint our main door to other color leh. *sian* Seems like got prob with BSC contractors and they seems like can save $, they save and don't do it nice nice for u. :bangwall: Regret to buy this flat. My mum just bought a new flat in Punggol which is also a premium flat, they got no such problem leh, tiles is bigger type 600mmx600mm and their quality all very good, above standard, my mother got no hollow tiles, only some crack skirting only wor.

Hi joc, i brought a cleaner up to clean the whole flat wall tiles and flooring cos very dirty, than another day to knock on the tiles to check the hollow and parquet. For parquet, I din really knock on pcs, but to check on gaps, dents and skirting. It will be a tiring job if u clean it yourself unless u got a helper to help u to clean the whole flat. :notti:

Hi Haroldism, change whole door if the crack is serious. They will give u craps said if change liao, the new door will still crack after sometimes due to water in the door blah blah blah.... I insist and the "malaysian" contractor told me in attittude said ok lor, than u wait 3 mths for the new door. I said ok lor. But the prob is my husband want it to be mend if really need to wait for 3mths cos we need our reno contractor to paint our main door to other color leh. *sian* Seems like got prob with BSC contractors and they seems like can save $, they save and don't do it nice nice for u. :notti: Regret to buy this flat. My mum just bought a new flat in Punggol which is also a premium flat, they got no such problem leh, tiles is bigger type 600mmx600mm and their quality all very good, above standard, my mother got no hollow tiles, only some crack skirting only wor.

Hi all, finally HDB officer fight for me to have all living rooms tiles hack but can only use the 400mm tiles. Think she got a hard time fighting for me. Pray hard that contractor guy won't do any funny things to my house. :rofl:

shutiao,

me had went down to BSC for a few time for the defects matter, even u had submitted online and u found any new defects days later, u can juz proceed down to BSC and inform the ladies there (i only approach the malay lady). den she will contact the contractor and hurried them. she is tip top in service, always serve us wif a smile~

the grouting part, they had done my living room, kitchen n both toilet. the groutin, i also inform the malay lady that we are startin reno soon and she say no problem, will settle for us. impressed~

for the parquet, got lots of gap, and we had feedback this to the malay lady few time but she told us that the long list of people queueing for their parquet to be redo. and since alot of defetcs had been settled for us, i told the malay lady itz ok, parquet and my main door cracks can be done after my reno.

btw, my reno had started last week. click the link in my sig for viewing~

regards

:furious:

hi haroldism,

oic ok.. tomorrow we goin down to check on the progress of the rectification work. din go down at all after goin down to submit my keys this mon. hopefully they have done somethin to the groutin hee. if stil no progress tink i muz go make noise at BSC already too :furious:

so gd ur one has been done swee swee for u... envy envy..

ic.. so she's reali very helpful wil try to look for her too haa..but for the defects, i thought gota settle b4 commencing reno? can do after reno one ah?

ok wil go view ur blog.. wah so gd.. tat time was PM-ing graciegal abt the ID and so fast ur reno started liao. we reali like tortoise, til now have even cfm any ID. haiz. but after cny, all of them seems to have disappeared.. now stil waitin for quotations. haiz. stil need me to chase after them... this kinda service i oso scared scared to let them do... :)

Hi Shutiao, I have called HDB branch office officer and she said she will be going down to my unit this morning. As i have said me and husband don't mind to pay a bit for doing bigger tiles, but they charging me the full price for it. Contractor still yaya with me saying HDB can't do anything and truth enough this officer told me she can't interfere the amount contractor charge me. :jawdrop: For parquet scratches and small gap, no choice, we have to accept, cos we have to ask our own reno contractor to sand it at a cost of est $600. But saw somewhere from this forum we can pester HDB to do it for us, but if u got crack parquet, must pester them to change it for u hor. Any of u got cracked main doors? Did u ask them to change a new door for u or just mend it only? I requested them to change a new door for me and they told me i have to wait 3 mths for the new door, ask me to accept this door and just mend it for me. Will update u guys again for my outcome.

kiki, think muz reali insist on it. we've already paid a premium price for the flat so i dun c y they shld not do it for us. even though the flat has been there for more than 5yrs, but i dun tink tat's an excuse to say tat we shld accept the state of the flat now. since they kept it for so long, they shld do the necessary and hand over it in gd condition rite.. so muz reali ask hdb to rectify everything. keep pesterin them else complain directly to hdb. i tink email hdb usin their feedback form or wat might help.

but anyway, glad to hear tat ur floor tiles issue has been resolved :furious:

wah the door can change new one ah.. i oso wan leh ha.. but i tink they purposely say gota wait 3 mths to scare u la.. regardin my windows, they oso told me windows if wan them to do can.. but gota wait for mayb one mth... reali crap.. wil update u guys again after we go down to check this wkend.. keepin my fingers crossed :unsure:

today juz collected our new letterbox key... rusty letterbox lock replaced~

:)

wah they r efficient leh..so gd for u :bleah:

wah btw u all always take leave to go down ah? we wkdays no time to go.. :rolleyes: very anxious to know how it is..