Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shutiao06

Jw St 64 - Common Defects Found

Hi all,

Some feedback from a few neighbours in the JW St 64 thread, thought of creating this thread to cosolidate a list of the common defects found after u all inspected ur house.

So for fellow neighbours who has already checked ur place, would greatly appreciate if u could contribute so tat for those of us who has yet to collect the keys, we might have some idea wat to look out for.

Thanks so much! :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

1) Main door cracked badly, once open cannot even close - request to change to new one

2) joint on living room tiles and side skirt big gap - 5pcs - change to new tiles liao but DIFFERENT TONE, will complaint.

3) Wall tiles above vanity top crack - master bedroom 1pc- change new one but tone is very different yellow - will complaint.

4) Wall tiles on master bedroom totally not even - probelm on installing instant heater as the backing is not flat.

5) Kitchen Floor tiles totally not even - change about 32 pcs but still not even and flat.

6) Shelter/ store door cannot close properly/ rubber seal/ door edge spoil.

7) protective stickers on master bedroom windows cannot peel off.

8) parque dented -2-3 pcs on bedroom floor

9) wall tiles crack - main toilet next to tower hanger.

Feel free to add on ppl :)

contributed by crazygirl48 in the other thread. juz post it here so as to have a thread mainly for defects :)

Kitchen

1. Windows

- Got holes at the side. (Areas taped with masking tape).

2. Toliet

- Hollow Tiles

- Door can be pushed open after closed

- Shower head turn rusty.

3. Tiles (Near drainage)

- Edges got holes.

Living Room

1. Tiles

- Hollow Tiles

- Edges got holes

- Yellow stained marks on tiles.

2. Main Door

- Top hinge area got a hole at ceiling.

- Cracked lines at the centre of the door.

3. Main Gate

- Top padlock holes not parallel.

Master Bedroom

1. Toliet

- Windows cannot close.

- Shower head turn rusty.

Windows for kitchen, living room, 2 toliets and 3 bedrooms.

1. Stained or dirty.

Letterbox lock

1. Unable to open smoothly as lock has turn rusty.

1) Main door cracked badly, once open cannot even close - request to change to new one

2) joint on living room tiles and side skirt big gap - 5pcs - change to new tiles liao but DIFFERENT TONE, will complaint.

3) Wall tiles above vanity top crack - master bedroom 1pc- change new one but tone is very different yellow - will complaint.

4) Wall tiles on master bedroom totally not even - probelm on installing instant heater as the backing is not flat.

5) Kitchen Floor tiles totally not even - change about 32 pcs but still not even and flat.

6) Shelter/ store door cannot close properly/ rubber seal/ door edge spoil.

7) protective stickers on master bedroom windows cannot peel off.

8) parque dented -2-3 pcs on bedroom floor

9) wall tiles crack - main toilet next to tower hanger.

Feel free to add on ppl :good:

hi there,

just wana clarify, if we spotted some defects and HDB had changed them, however, even after e defects being change, the result is still not satisfied, can we required HDB to change again?

example, the changed tiles are of different tones, can we request from HDB to change again?

Also, after complain and surface the defects to HDB, roughly how long will they come to replace the defects?

regards

Edited by haroldism

Common Toilet

- Toilet pipe burst when trying to flush the toilet bowl..

Main Door

- Obvious crack on the door.

Masterbed Room

- Different floor tonality (But I think I shall close one eye for this)

Searching for defects still in progress......... :rofl:

Edited by ilovecoffee

Rusty letterbox lock

Main wooden door crack

Hollow living room floor tiles

Window hinge crack

Slight wall crack

Bomb shelter hollow floor tiles

Cracked kitchen wall tiles

Kitchen toilet cement behind water cistern cover incomplete.

Kitchen toilet mirror stain.

Toilet tile crack

Bedrooms

Crack between parquet and skirting

Hollow parquet

Doors crack

Some gaps between toilet floor and adjacent wall

Hi, does retification fast? And everything in order after they retifiy for u? I just got my key, have not done checking. But door obviously got a crack. What do they do huh? Change whole door or they just do some patching?

Hi, does retification fast? And everything in order after they retifiy for u? I just got my key, have not done checking. But door obviously got a crack. What do they do huh? Change whole door or they just do some patching?

Mine was pretty fast. About 1 week after I submitted the list, they've started. Why don you try submitting the defects list as early as possible because more pple are getting keys and rectification may take longer after that.

My main door has a big crack and 3 bedroom doors have small cracks. I'm hoping they change the doors :sport-smiley-004:

1) Letterbox keyhole rusty - Done

2) Window panel in living room got 2 long scratches

3) Broken kitchen tiles - Done

4) Main door not able to open or closed. Too tight - Done

i think must push them and check with them it has been done....else BSC pple will take their time to slowly and do.

And after changing still got problem let them know. If it fails, take pics and send to HDB directly....if not, time to call the press already.

The problem is not with HDB, it is with the BSC pple.......they are actually private contractors. To them, the lesser they do the more they earn. And they earn @ our expense.

Just to inform those with crack tiles, especially kitchen wall -

After the cracked tiles have been removed, please check the cement screeding for cracks as well. The cracks on the tiles could be caused by the cracks within the cement screeding. Replacement of the wall tiles without rectifying the cracks on the cement may cause the replaced tiles to crack again in future.

Hi neighbours,

Would like to add that the living room grouting is meant to be white. I asked my hdb technical officer about it coz i find the peachy colour grouting really weird, he told me that its stained & cannot be removed by washing. He and the contractor told me really nicely that they will redo the whole living grouting. Now its all done up in record time.

anyone of you encounter some misaligned tiles in the toilets?

Hi neighbours,

Would like to add that the living room grouting is meant to be white. I asked my hdb technical officer about it coz i find the peachy colour grouting really weird, he told me that its stained & cannot be removed by washing. He and the contractor told me really nicely that they will redo the whole living grouting. Now its all done up in record time.

anyone of you encounter some misaligned tiles in the toilets?

that's quite nice of them.......cleaning stained grouting is very siong one leh......

how long did they take to redo it?