Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shutiao06

Jw St 64 - Common Defects Found

Hi neighbours,

Would like to add that the living room grouting is meant to be white. I asked my hdb technical officer about it coz i find the peachy colour grouting really weird, he told me that its stained & cannot be removed by washing. He and the contractor told me really nicely that they will redo the whole living grouting. Now its all done up in record time.

anyone of you encounter some misaligned tiles in the toilets?

Grouting? Is that the supposedly white cement in between tiles?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
that's quite nice of them.......cleaning stained grouting is very siong one leh......

how long did they take to redo it?

Hmmm, they did the inspection just before CNY. I went down to check on the completed grouting yesterday. So basically its took them 3 days to redo the grouting.

!!

hi all,

ya i tink we a lot of us or rather shld b all of us shld have encountered the prob of the stained grouting (i supposed shld b the cement in between the tiles?) since the flats have been built for so long. btw, are the kitchen tiles grouting stained too? i know the living room ones are reali obvious but kitchen ones since the tiles are yellowish, din reali notice..

anyway, below are some of the items we submitted in our 1st list to hdb. the officer finally called me up yday. but earliest possible wkend appmt is nex sat :deal:

- Main door & kitchen toilet door very tight and difficult to open.

- Electrical supply box behind main door very loose and coming out of the wall.

- All window ledge (after readin forum, i tink the correct word shld b hinge :good:) rusty

- MBR window handle missing

- Paint drip on top of switches & electrical sockets

- Door stopper's magnet in all bedrooms loose

- The screw on the right hand side needed to hang up the national flag missing in BR2

- Screw caps on socket missing in kitchen

- Water drainage in kitchen cannot be opened.

some of the items we also duno the correct terms for it.. very hard to report in words. tink muz wait til joint inspection then show it to the officer. however, we have not done detailed inspection for cracks, holes etc. this wkend MUST do it..

btw, has anyone asked hdb to revanish the parquet flooring?

On taking a closer look, i realised the living room floor tiles are not very even. Last night, i placed a lamp at a corner on the floor and look from the other end, I could see the 'ups and downs'. omfg, :good:

kitchen wall tiles also same, I seriously do not know if there was any QC done beforehand. :deal:

My bedroom doors were not replaced as I could see that they touched up the defects and the reported bad workmanship. I would say they did quite a good job because the doors looked new :yamseng: But as I didn't labeled all the defects (thought they will change the door), they only rectified the areas which I'd marked.

hi there,

just wana clarify, if we spotted some defects and HDB had changed them, however, even after e defects being change, the result is still not satisfied, can we required HDB to change again?

example, the changed tiles are of different tones, can we request from HDB to change again?

Also, after complain and surface the defects to HDB, roughly how long will they come to replace the defects?

regards

Hi, you can still complaint again if the rectification is not done properly. I did that also, as long as the ID / contractor has not start any work yet. :dunno:

Hi, below is my list of defects. Wondering HDB will hack my living rooms and replace all for me or not. Terrible to have so many hollow tiles. :sport-smiley-004:

Living room

Floor tiles - 62 hollows

- 17 Stubborn Stains

Grout got stains

Skirting - 2 Crackline

2 Holes

Wall & Ceiling

Cracklines and uneven wall

Master Bedroom

Skirting got gap & Holes

Flooring - CHippings

- Stubborn stain

Gap

Door - 1 chip

Wall& Ceiling - Cracklines

TV Point - Gap in between wall

Powerpoint Switch - Mssing Screw cap

Door magnet losse

Toilet

Stubborn Stain on wall tiles

Towel rod rusty

Mirror screw rusty

Glass Door hinges rusty

Shower Spray & Taps Rusty

Main Door

-----------

6 Obvious cracks

Hard to lock

Windows

----------

All windows hinge rusty

Letterbox

-----------

Lock rusty

Hope above will help in ur checklist. :notti:

hi,

juz to check for the parquet flooring defects, do u guys actually go and check each and every piece for hollow tiles or gaps? find it so d.amn tedious to check on the flooring arrggh :good: so far i tink we managed to finish mainly the MBR parquet only. then the skirting is it meant to b hollow? it's like so many parts with the hollow sound man... and also anyone experience different tones on the skirting and also top of skirting turned kinda black in colour and some parts of the skirting also had these black colour tones..omg.. :D

Edited by shutiao06

hi,

juz to check for the parquet flooring defects, do u guys actually go and check each and every piece for hollow tiles or gaps? find it so d.amn tedious to check on the flooring arrggh :notti: so far i tink we managed to finish mainly the MBR parquet only. then the skirting is it meant to b hollow? it's like so many parts with the hollow sound man... and also anyone experience different tones on the skirting and also top of skirting turned kinda black in colour and some parts of the skirting also had these black colour tones..omg.. :dancingqueen:

i did not check on the every piece of the parquet.

just tap tap here and there... so far ok.

i believe that the flooring, door, toilet, ect are done up abt 5yrs ago.

hence you see the skirting darker in colour tone.

because they only sand and resurface the parquet floor and not the skirting.

hi,

juz to check for the parquet flooring defects, do u guys actually go and check each and every piece for hollow tiles or gaps? find it so d.amn tedious to check on the flooring arrggh :notti: so far i tink we managed to finish mainly the MBR parquet only. then the skirting is it meant to b hollow? it's like so many parts with the hollow sound man... and also anyone experience different tones on the skirting and also top of skirting turned kinda black in colour and some parts of the skirting also had these black colour tones..omg.. :dancingqueen:

Hi, check for gaps between parquets and also those all corners to make sure skirting cover over parquets. I think skirting shld be holllow. I will complaint to HDB on the black color tones and see what they can do.

i did not check on the every piece of the parquet.

just tap tap here and there... so far ok.

i believe that the flooring, door, toilet, ect are done up abt 5yrs ago.

hence you see the skirting darker in colour tone.

because they only sand and resurface the parquet floor and not the skirting.

hmm ok. cos we din reali knock on every piece of the parquet to c if they are hollow or not. checkin for gaps, scratches etc already took quite a while :dancingqueen:

but the darker colour tones are not those natural dark wooden colour cos i understand wood there might b some diff in colour. but these are dark patches a bit blackish in colour. was wonderin possible to b some kind of mould or not? :yamseng:

Hi, check for gaps between parquets and also those all corners to make sure skirting cover over parquets. I think skirting shld be holllow. I will complaint to HDB on the black color tones and see what they can do.

btw, wat wil hdb do for gaps ah? gaps meanin between 2 pieces of parquet slabs, can see a line whereby there's this layer or harden glue is it? actually hubby said those are the joints with glue duno wat hdb can do. but i told him juz label first then feedback to them see how lor. haa. we oso duno which are actually defects which can b rectified.

guess we gota wait til this sat's inspection to ask the officer wat can b done.. :notti:

hmm ok. cos we din reali knock on every piece of the parquet to c if they are hollow or not. checkin for gaps, scratches etc already took quite a while :dancingqueen:

but the darker colour tones are not those natural dark wooden colour cos i understand wood there might b some diff in colour. but these are dark patches a bit blackish in colour. was wonderin possible to b some kind of mould or not? :yamseng:

btw, wat wil hdb do for gaps ah? gaps meanin between 2 pieces of parquet slabs, can see a line whereby there's this layer or harden glue is it? actually hubby said those are the joints with glue duno wat hdb can do. but i told him juz label first then feedback to them see how lor. haa. we oso duno which are actually defects which can b rectified.

guess we gota wait til this sat's inspection to ask the officer wat can b done.. :notti:

I think scratches not much problem. HDB will ask u to find own contractor to sand and refurnish it which cost about $600 (my mum's place did it recently). Mine also got such prob, If parquet got hollow, think they can't do anything bah, could be flooring not even tat causes this prob. Heard they can't dig on just 1 parquet and redo it. Mine also got gaps, so wait for HDB to tell me what they going to do for us. I submitted my defects yesterday, officer called back in the afternoon and said he will arrnage inspector to liase with me, hopefully this sat he can meet me to do joint inspection too...

hi,

juz some updates here... we met up with the hdb officer to do the joint inspection last sat. however, gives me the impression tat they kinda this cant rectify tat cant rectify like tat. cos when we told them abt the rusty window hinges, the more senior looking guy was sayin o actually windows not included in the rectification one leh.. u wash already then ok la... :notti: rusty wash already oso rusty wat.. he kept sayin oh cant help it leh... when u buy the flat u shld know the flats r there for 5yrs already rite :deal: then even uneven parquet or some parts are actually "bloated", he also said cant do anythin much..cant help it one... :jawdrop: omg.. duno is it cos now they have a lot of units to rectify tat's y juz wana get over it and tell us all those cant be helped... :notti:

as for the stained grouting, also feedback to them.. from wat i read from the forum, they would redo it for us rite? but he sort of reluctant to do it when i ask him abt the colour of grouting. i asked it shld b white rite? then the officer said no lah not white one.. white already nex time also wil become black. hear already i reali very angry :drunk: then we asked him no matter wat gota do it.. then he said ok they'll try to clean it.. but colour wil b peach not white.. omg.. :dunno: hubby was sayin mayb the technical term for the colour is "peach"? i hope so... dun wan my floorin to turn out stil the same with stained grouting.

anyone encounter such prob? :seeya:

hi,

juz some updates here... we met up with the hdb officer to do the joint inspection last sat. however, gives me the impression tat they kinda this cant rectify tat cant rectify like tat. cos when we told them abt the rusty window hinges, the more senior looking guy was sayin o actually windows not included in the rectification one leh.. u wash already then ok la... :notti: rusty wash already oso rusty wat.. he kept sayin oh cant help it leh... when u buy the flat u shld know the flats r there for 5yrs already rite :deal: then even uneven parquet or some parts are actually "bloated", he also said cant do anythin much..cant help it one... :jawdrop: omg.. duno is it cos now they have a lot of units to rectify tat's y juz wana get over it and tell us all those cant be helped... :notti:

as for the stained grouting, also feedback to them.. from wat i read from the forum, they would redo it for us rite? but he sort of reluctant to do it when i ask him abt the colour of grouting. i asked it shld b white rite? then the officer said no lah not white one.. white already nex time also wil become black. hear already i reali very angry :drunk: then we asked him no matter wat gota do it.. then he said ok they'll try to clean it.. but colour wil b peach not white.. omg.. :dunno: hubby was sayin mayb the technical term for the colour is "peach"? i hope so... dun wan my floorin to turn out stil the same with stained grouting.

anyone encounter such prob? :seeya:

for the grout between the tiles, juz inform them to redo the grouting.

for my case, me n graciegal kept going down to the BSC and keep pestering the staff (one malay lady).

my purified grout as below~ they had redo for my living room, kitchen, both toilet.

f_whitegroutm_2b42241.jpg

Edited by haroldism