Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
xlan

Growing Pandang Plant

any1 knows where i can get a live pandang plant with all its roots in a pot? so that i can put at my doorstep n continue growing it. n wat're the tips for growing it?

Thanks a million in advance :notti:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
any1 knows where i can get a live pandang plant with all its roots in a pot? so that i can put at my doorstep n continue growing it. n wat're the tips for growing it?

Thanks a million in advance :bow:

do you mean those pandan leaves that are used for cooking and making kuehs? you can just buy the pandan leaves which are sold in the market, then stand the pandan leaves that you bought in water. try to buy those that still have some tiny bits of roots intact.

Change the water often and after a while roots will grow and then u can plant them in soil.

i read this from somewhere and it seems like a much cheaper alternative. no harm trying.

hi,

you can go n check out these 2 places if you are driving.

1) kok fah technology farm pte ltd

Mk Xi Sg Tengah Agrotech Park

Plot ST 18 Sungei Tengah Road

Singapore 698974

Tel: 67623160

www.kokfahfarm.com.sg

they are selling $3 for 1 pot of pandan plant that they had planted. this is at sungei tengah that side.

2) WORLD FARM CO PTE LTD

15 Bah Soon Pah Road

Singapore 769962

Tel: 6257 4437, 6257 4426

this farm is next to khatib camp near yishun. they have large variety of plants at affordable prices starting from $2 onwards. you can call to ask on what you want before you go there.

tips for growing pandan plant: got normal sunlight and water once everyday can already. if the roots start to yellow, meaning it don't have enough water. it the leaves turn yellow, it have too much sun, got sun burn.

to get more exact tips, speak to the gardener.

hi,

you can go n check out these 2 places if you are driving.

1) kok fah technology farm pte ltd

Mk Xi Sg Tengah Agrotech Park

Plot ST 18 Sungei Tengah Road

Singapore 698974

Tel: 67623160

www.kokfahfarm.com.sg

they are selling $3 for 1 pot of pandan plant that they had planted. this is at sungei tengah that side.

2) WORLD FARM CO PTE LTD

15 Bah Soon Pah Road

Singapore 769962

Tel: 6257 4437, 6257 4426

this farm is next to khatib camp near yishun. they have large variety of plants at affordable prices starting from $2 onwards. you can call to ask on what you want before you go there.

tips for growing pandan plant: got normal sunlight and water once everyday can already. if the roots start to yellow, meaning it don't have enough water. it the leaves turn yellow, it have too much sun, got sun burn.

to get more exact tips, speak to the gardener.

yo bro, i was wonder what things you dont know ah? :bangwall:

I want buy cheap original TRD stuffs you know where got? :bangwall:

;):(:bow:

wah!:deal: thank you thank you!:D:dancingqueen:

wahahahahaa.. i got a NICE SURPRISE from my colleague.. she got me a pot of pandang frm malaysia her hometown! very nice of her! hahaha...

but then i will still find 1 day to go visit those farm.. wanna look for those air plants tat eats insects.. :D

Edited by xlan

yo bro, i was wonder what things you dont know ah? !!

I want buy cheap original TRD stuffs you know where got? :thumbs up:

can ask wat is TRD? short form i dunno leh... i old generation... got age gap, dunno shortform.. :dancingqueen: !!

:bow::bow::bow:

wah!!! thank you thank you!!! :thumbs up:

wahahahahaa.. i got a NICE SURPRISE from my colleague.. she got me a pot of pandang frm malaysia her hometown! very nice of her! hahaha...

but then i will still find 1 day to go visit those farm.. wanna look for those air plants tat eats insects.. :yamseng:

my advise and advise from gardeners: these plants, as they trap insects inside them, they let the insects die in them and slowly digest them with their 'juices', and this will take a long process. so during this process of 'eating', some plants will emit bad smell.

hope you think thrice and ask alot alot alot of questions to the gardeners before buying them.

the bah soon pah world farm got many variety of plants.

you can go to this farm also which has many variety besides selling orchid. its next to woon leng orchid farm but you can just walk over from woon leng as (i think) they are same owner.

Woon Leng Nursery

ST56 Jalan Lekar

Tel: 6760 1708 / 2064

hope the above helps... im just been plain kpo... 8|:dancingqueen:

oh wah.. really.. thanks! i tot they help me eat up the insects instantly.. hahahaa.. oops.. naive me..

hi,

izt you facing insect problm at your hse coz i saw you need pandan leaves, insect eatting plants etc...?

can share your problm and maybe ppl here can help you?

i know Bro MaCe vy helpful and knowledgeable. he able to help maybe?

hahaa.. no not yet.. not really hv'ing major problem.. but kiasu kiasi.. haha.. i scare of all flying insects.. even mosq.. lucky i don scare of lizard only.. i saw MACE posted using the KBY.. but i can't tahan the smell.. so tinking of other ways to prevent "extra visitors"..

you hv to do regular maintenance. this is even more a massive job if you are staying in landed property.

do once a week spray all around the hse, eg. outside windown grilles, outside door area etc. baygon or any other insect repellant which are odourless type. do it during windless day, especially gd to do it early in the morning. this is applicable when news of aedes mosquitoes report on the rise is on the news.

if not, once every 2 weeks or 3 weeks will do.

also remember to open those floor trap and spray into them.

remove all stagnant water and clear rubbish often. rubbish include eg, fallen leaves of plants around the hse area etc.

paste insect repellant or cockroaches repellent at corner of hse eg. at store rm, kitchen flr end (near to service balcony and not at cooking area), service balcony, etc. find the area which has the least sunlight, lots of moist etc. to paste these things. and change them every 3 to 4 months.

pandan will not rid the insects, instead it may attract insects like spider mites etc. so if you hv plants, must get a insect repellant for plants. ask the gardener to recomend 1 that is easily spray on and not of high toxic level. DO NOT BUY those that need to be mix with water etc. coz these are highly extremely toxic and if ppl drink it accidentally or purposely, sure will die. and also the best is to spray these lightly onto plant's leaves and roots early in the morning (before 7am) and in a windless day.

why i keep stressing windless day is becoz 1stly, you don't want to get these repellant into your mouth or breathe in these if they are spray in a windy day, 2ndly these will be easily evaporated away during windy days so becum useless.

hope the above helps.

oh wow.. def of much help! but to wait for windless day.. quite hard for my place.. gotta close all windows n doors.. but corridor still v windy.. mm.. but sure wil hv to look out for chances to do these chores.. guess no choice.. else xiaoqiang mosq all come i'd die.. :unsure:

many thanks!!