Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kajua

Gas Water Heater Versus Electric Water Heater

yes the free gas heater is an instant heater

why the water takes a little while to get warm is due to the fact that there is water inside the pipe

so the cold water has to be pushed out before the hot water from the heater can reach the tap

if your MBR toilet is far from the heater, the pipe will be longer thus more water got to be pushed out :dribble:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
yes the free gas heater is an instant heater

why the water takes a little while to get warm is due to the fact that there is water inside the pipe

so the cold water has to be pushed out before the hot water from the heater can reach the tap

if your MBR toilet is far from the heater, the pipe will be longer thus more water got to be pushed out :bangwall:

But one full pail just from the pipe...? Its one of those big red pail leh... zz

Hi, you seemed to imply that the gas heater can heat up the water immediately; is that true??

Everytime I switched on my kitchen tap (which is right below the heater), it would still take awhile before it gets warm. My MBR toilet even worse; I have to let the water flow for like almost a full pail before it becomes warm.

The difference between a gas heater and electric heater is the media to heat exchange the heater coil where the water passes through.

The timing for your water to get hot depends on your setting of the flame intensity, the knob on the gas heater is for you to adjust for that purpose. Adjusting it to the "maximum" will allow you to get really hot water.

In order for the heater to supply you the hot water, the water need to flow through the heated coil. As such, the balance water AFTER the heater coil need to be flushed out in order for water to flow through the coil to your shower taps. If the piping distance of your shower taps is far from the gas heater, you will need sometime to flush out thus wasting the water, unless you dun mind to shower intially with cold water.

Typical domestic gas water heater has a safety requirement to meet. As such, the capacity available in the market might not be able to cater for flowrate and pressure to cater for usage at 2 different locations at the same time.

Edited by blownup

Typical domestic gas water heater has a safety requirement to meet. As such, the capacity available in the market might not be able to cater for flowrate and pressure to cater for usage at 2 different locations at the same time.

Hmm...thanks for the info, coupled with the non availability of gas heater from citygas currently, I may just stick to instant heater since I don't have hot/cold pipes. The cost to do up the hot/cold pipes and the extra piping around the house...well...maybe not, unless I can find compelling reason to do so. Was toying with storage heater but again need to do up hot/cold pipe, change all mixer tap. Sigh...maybe i should just bath in cold water to save all the trouble. :D

:bath:

The difference between a gas heater and electric heater is the media to heat exchange the heater coil where the water passes through.

The timing for your water to get hot depends on your setting of the flame intensity, the knob on the gas heater is for you to adjust for that purpose. Adjusting it to the "maximum" will allow you to get really hot water.

In order for the heater to supply you the hot water, the water need to flow through the heated coil. As such, the balance water AFTER the heater coil need to be flushed out in order for water to flow through the coil to your shower taps. If the piping distance of your shower taps is far from the gas heater, you will need sometime to flush out thus wasting the water, unless you dun mind to shower intially with cold water.

Wow thanks for the detailed explanation!! :bath:

But I had already turned to max liao; the water is, I would consider, very warm, but not hot enough leh. Speaking of this, I vaguely remembered that the technican who came to test my stove, he told me that I could ask citygas to adjust the flame to even higher, ie adjust the internal switch beyond the max point of the knob. But when I call the hotline, nobody seemed to know about it, so I gave up. Has anyone done it before??

mine is not even maxed out yet

this is a pix of my heater and the settings, the flame is set to HI but the temp is only one notch above LO

if i only use the hot water without mixing cold water, it's steaming hot :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by applefreak

mine is not even maxed out yet

this is a pix of my heater and the settings, the flame is set to HI but the temp is only one notch above LO

if i only use the hot water without mixing cold water, it's steaming hot :bangwall:

Hmmz then i really need to get the guy to check; mine both are maxed out liao... :sport-smiley-004:

I was reading from the thread that because it outputs 5l/min of hot water, it will be able to support 1 shower point at a time, if 2 people showering at 2 different shower point at the same time, the one further away from the heater will not get hot enough water. But those post are like 2 years back, so not sure if it still applies.

BTW notice that Citygas has took down the free gas heater ad on their website, it was still there couple of weeks back.

Hi LadyLuck, have your family ever use more than 2 showering point at the same time? Is it hot enough for both side? Thanks.

my bathtub will fill with hot water

im too using gas for my dryer

my bathtub will fill with hot water

im too using gas for my dryer

now still any discount or offer for citygas heater? if no more free gas heater.. anyone knows the price ah?

thansk!

now still any discount or offer for citygas heater? if no more free gas heater.. anyone knows the price ah?

thansk!

hi, went to citygas showroom yesterday asking abt the gas heater.

currently there's no stock for the 5L Rinnai heater.

spoke to the counter staff and was told that the new stocks will be coming in mid-june.

the capacity will be 8L instead of 5L and the price is ard $150-$160.

delivery and installation FOC.

hi, went to citygas showroom yesterday asking abt the gas heater.

currently there's no stock for the 5L Rinnai heater.

spoke to the counter staff and was told that the new stocks will be coming in mid-june.

the capacity will be 8L instead of 5L and the price is ard $150-$160.

delivery and installation FOC.

oh.. thanks!....

hopefully they got some great discount for these heaters...

hee hee

was told the gas heater now comes in 8L and cost $148..still undecided betweeb storage, gas, instant...

but high chance i will be getting a gas dryer though...

so far anyone use the new gas heater.. REU-8G

Currently, I am trying to see whether I can installed as my common bathroom is far away about 8 m away from the service balcony where the gas heater is going to be installed.