Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
BunBun

My 'loft' Home In Jw

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I've been googling the causes for puppy deaths. I didn't know mother dogs do eat their newborn pups just like hamsters for several reasons like stress, immaturity. The last reason is that the pup is sick with no chance of growing up to adulthood & the mother will end her pup's suffering :jawdrop: The recent puppy deaths were due to my baby ger "gap" her pups out of the whelping box. Now the remaining puppies are being separated from their mother except for feeding time.

Still no news of the missing pup & I fear for the worse already. I have the feeling that my baby ger might have eaten the missing pup.... :(

Oh dear, didn't know that too :( that's very tragic, you must be very sad...*hugs*

There are still 2 more puppies and hopefully they will make it through and grow up to be happy healthy puppies!

Now left are the white with black spots pup & the light brown pup.

The white pup is such a greedy one for milk from his mother. Its the fattest as you can see.. Looking from the pics, I realise the dead puppies were so small & not that fat as their brother. So fragile.

Oh dear, didn't know that too :( that's very tragic, you must be very sad...*hugs*

There are still 2 more puppies and hopefully they will make it through and grow up to be happy healthy puppies!

I've been googling the causes for puppy deaths. I didn't know mother dogs do eat their newborn pups just like hamsters for several reasons like stress, immaturity. The last reason is that the pup is sick with no chance of growing up to adulthood & the mother will end her pup's suffering :jawdrop: The recent puppy deaths were due to my baby ger "gap" her pups out of the whelping box. Now the remaining puppies are being separated from their mother except for feeding time.

Still no news of the missing pup & I fear for the worse already. I have the feeling that my baby ger might have eaten the missing pup.... :(

actually the 'eating' part applies to all animals

cats, hamsters, dogs, big cats, big dogs etc

esp when the newborn has some form of disability

another reason for puppy deaths is the mother don't have enough milk

so she will choose to keep the strongest and 'remove' the weakest so that there's enough milk to go around :(

crossing my fingers for your two pups

they'll grow up strong and healthy :sport-smiley-003::sport-smiley-003:

Apple: Its the first I find out for myself since the birth of the puppies. Kinda dumbfounded at first cos I initially thought it applied to only hamsters. Thanks for the well wishes for the pups. :)

actually the 'eating' part applies to all animals

cats, hamsters, dogs, big cats, big dogs etc

esp when the newborn has some form of disability

another reason for puppy deaths is the mother don't have enough milk

so she will choose to keep the strongest and 'remove' the weakest so that there's enough milk to go around :(

crossing my fingers for your two pups

they'll grow up strong and healthy :sport-smiley-003::sport-smiley-003:

Flyingballoons: Will update when I see them next. They've been taken to the vet for checkup by my dad to be on the safe side. Scared to put them with the mother alone so will have to wait till they get bigger and old enough to walk.

Checking back on puppy news, hope they are ok! :)

Latest update.

The mother had been given a jab at the vet yesterday. One of the puppies refused to drink milk and died later today. The other puppy, the white one is still hanging on. Its very weak now and has only taken some honey after refusing milk. I think the jab given to the mother had caused her milk to be unsuitable to be drunk.

Now I am worried. Going to have to feed the puppy every 15 min. This is very heart breaking esp hearing that the first 8 weeks are the critical period for newborn puppies.

Latest update.

The mother had been given a jab at the vet yesterday. One of the puppies refused to drink milk and died later today. The other puppy, the white one is still hanging on. Its very weak now and has only taken some honey after refusing milk. I think the jab given to the mother had caused her milk to be unsuitable to be drunk.

Now I am worried. Going to have to feed the puppy every 15 min. This is very heart breaking esp hearing that the first 8 weeks are the critical period for newborn puppies.

oh no... *keeping fingers crossed* Hope everything goes well.... You take care too!

I hope so..

oh no... *keeping fingers crossed* Hope everything goes well.... You take care too!

anyone knows what else can i feed a newborn pup with if it refuses milk and powdered milk?

Honey water. Feeding it every 15 min till it has enough to get through the night.

It has refused cow milk, his mother's milk and powdered milk. I also don't know what else can i feed it with?

What are you feeding with? My colleague who is really good with animals usually does it with a syringe... force feed...

the powdered milk you referring to is human milk or animal milk?

pet shops got sell those pet formula for young animals

do force feed the puppy coz it's vital for him (her?) to get as much nutrients as possible

The powdered milk Im not sure, will ask my mum what she put as she prepare it herself. Will get powdered milk forumlated for puppies.

the powdered milk you referring to is human milk or animal milk?

pet shops got sell those pet formula for young animals

do force feed the puppy coz it's vital for him (her?) to get as much nutrients as possible

Syringe without the needle right?

Ya... get those syringes from pharmacy to force feed. my colleague says they have to eat no matter what...

Good luck..

Thanks both :bow: :bow:

Edited by BunBun