Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
BunBun

My 'loft' Home In Jw

Blackapple: the wall decal shown is a partial pic of the original one (The original one extends to the ceiling actually) shown on winkplay website, with a few twists to make it look slightly spread out on the wall alone. So the cost for it is 400 sgd.

Skywolf : Thanks :) She's a very good lil' ger ger

Edited by BunBun

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Skywolf: It would be better to leave her in the care of my parents 'cos will be good company for my parents without me or my sibling around. You know when the children leave the 'nest' to fly and seek a home of their own.. older folks will be a bit lonely at home from time to time, that's the main reason why I left her with my parents.

Applefreak: I agree with that. She'd just give me that guai look & be resting instead of going noisy and active.

Babytan: She's my lil' ger ger. :yamseng: Someday in the future will have her staying by my side as the current arrangement is more or less that way at the moment.

Edited by BunBun

Just got back from my parent's place & took new shots of my lil crossbreed ger. Those pics are at the request of Ranval & several forumers like skywolf, applefreak & etc

She's put on weight & seems to be aging alot but a happy one staying with my parents. (About 4-5 yrs old I think)

My ger ger's soulful look. (yes, i adore her loads)

d2gn9.jpg

Full body shot of my ger ger :notti:

25880209ex9.jpg

I think she resembles her mom when she goes playful with me running about. But bodywise is like her dad, looks just like her mom.

d1xk5.jpg

wow .. very cutie finally can see her ...

can we meet up sometime too .. i show her my donut ?? :yamseng::bangwall:

Sure no prob if can find chance to let them meet or not :yamseng:

wow .. very cutie finally can see her ...

can we meet up sometime too .. i show her my donut ?? :bangwall::notti:

Sure no prob if can find chance to let them meet or not :yamseng:

where your mum's place ? we can travel anywhere for your gerger :bangwall::notti:

Hi all, Im back from my trip to BKK.

Glad that the weather held up. Sunny and warm. The thunderstorm part we got from the weather report online was for another part of BKK which was in the papers this morning before we checked out of the hotel. So thank god!

For those planning to go BKK & those interested in the LeFenix Hotel.

My take on the hotel is that it's not a big hotel by hotel standards considering its a boutique hotel. (It's about 8 floors with a rooftop lounge on the top) Lobby area is very retro with funky portraits/paintings. There are a couple of paintings at the 3rd floor which is where the cafe is. So retro, I got to say.

Standard room is adequately furnished with the basic facilities to use, not to mention that guests at the hotel is entitled to 2 hours free WI-FI surfing but this is only if you bring your laptop I think. For the record, I didn't exactly explore the hotel as I was out shopping hehe.

Service wise, Mr Bun thinks that the service is barely adequate, breakfast so-so and room is okay. He gave it a 3 stars out of 5 stars. As for me, I think since the hotel room is adequate for our stay as in just a room with bed, bathroom is good enough, fairly decent for the price we'd paid for (100sgd per night). For food, we only had breakfast at the cafe on the 3rd floor. We didn't even have any lunch or dinner at the restaurant on the 2nd floor so no comments or rating. The only inconvenience encountered might be the shower part as it is either too hot or too cold if you do adjustment from right to left. Nonetheless the shower pressure is strong though.

Pics can tell you what your eyes see so here they are! :dancingqueen:

Le Fenix in daytime taken on sunday

lefenixindaytimetg4.jpg

Side view of Le Fenix taken on Saturday night. Its kinda blur cos had to watch out for vehicles at the same time

sideentranceoflefenixza8.jpg

View of restaurant from lift on 2nd floor which is the lobby area

anotherviewofrestaurantvr8.jpg

Another angle shot of restaurant again.

viewofcaferestaurantonlwa6.jpg

View of waiting area at lobby on 2nd floor

viewfromelavatoruc3.jpg

More pics coming up!

Edited by BunBun

Another view of the waiting area at lobby, 2nd floor

waitingareaatlobbyin2.jpg

View of reception area at lobby, 2nd floor

viewofreceptcounterlobboe4.jpg

One of the painting/portrait on the wall facing reception area

anotherpaintingxl5.jpg

Another painting/portrait at waiting area facing the staircase

paintingct4.jpg

View of staircase which leads to the 3rd floor where there's a cafe where we had our breakfast for 3 days.

(We stayed 3d 2n)

staircasetocafeupstairsvd9.jpg

Did I mention that LeFenix provides free tutuk service to the nearest BTS station? There are several BTS Station in Sukhumvit area. But the nearest one is the BTS Nana. We didn't take taxi to go places except to take cab to hotel from airport on arrival on sat afternoon & back to airport this afternoon. So transport is relatively cheap.

After we checked in at the hotel on sat afternoon, we went to BTS Siam where Siam Square, CentralWorld is located. Nearby is MBK Center but the most nearest BTS station to MBK center is National Stadium though. If you shop at centralworld, be sure to get the tourist discount card which is free and entitles you to 5-70% discount at most shops in centralworld. Also can get the tourist discount card at MBK center but discounts are at the bigger shops in MBK center only.

Just for additional info, for more than 5,000 baht spent on shopping per person, one is entitled to VAT refund. Just look for shops that display the VAT refund for tourist sign.

Beside the staircase at waiting area, view of corridor where the rooms are

corridorviewofentrancekb9.jpg

View from the hotel room entrance when we opened the door

viewfromentranceyx6.jpg

Upclose view of bed. Very inviting right? The bed is actually cosy and nice to sleep on

viewofbedonenteringig5.jpg

Another view of the bed & table from the windows side

anotherviewofbedfromwinzf2.jpg

A different angle of the bed

2ndangleviewfromwindowdx3.jpg

Edited by BunBun

The room comes with a suspended wardrobe which also houses a mini fridge, safe box

suspendedwardrobeqe8.jpg

And this suspended shoe cupboard which is beside the wardrobe

hotelshoerackyn4.jpg

A big mirror, long tv console & a wall mounted white samsung lcd tv (Most rooms should have samsung lcd tv since the cafe on 3rd floor has one!)

takingpicswr4.jpg

View of hotel door & toilet door side. (LeFenix signature is a big L door handle on all its glass doors other than the L-shape windows on the outside btw)

hotelroomdoorviewfromwicy3.jpg

View of bathroom on the left side where shower area is. Yes its all in mosaic tiles in dark olive green

leftsideofbathroomsh6.jpg

Edited by BunBun

View of bathroom on the right where wash basin & toilet bowl is at

rightsideofbathroombm0.jpg

View of cafe on 3rd floor

viewofcafeseatingareazl7.jpg

View of buffet area on 3rd floor

viewofbuffetareace8.jpg

View of outside from cafe on 3rd floor

viewofoutsidefromcafets8.jpg

Area near the seating area which is hidden from view with frosted glass divider

areabehindcafeglassdiviin0.jpg

Edited by BunBun

Upclose of this quirky painting at the area hidden from view by glass divider.

geishaportraitpw9.jpg

Also in this same area is the toilet doors with the signature L-shape door handles

toiletsgv7.jpg

Those are all the pics I took of the hotel. The hotel is also near Grand President hotel, Business Inn hotel & a few hotels. There are also a few massage shops including a few bars & a few western dining places. Thai body massage is in the range of 250-300 baht ($11-13 SGD) for 1 hour while foot massage is for 250 baht ($11 SGD) for 1 hour.

We went to central world first on saturday where we dropped by this shop, Human Touch which sells household accessories & quirky pillow covers. Their designs are probably familiar with those who go bugis junction 8 where one stall sells such things. Their designs can be viewed at www.humantouchthailand.com

myhootonsatal0.jpg

I bought 6 quirky coasters & 2 glasses which bears the words 'Soul Mate' when put together side by side from human touch.

The coasters are about 450 baht altogether, 75 baht each. After discount with the tourist discount card, it is about 434.75 baht ($19 SGD) while the glasses is about 160 baht, After discount, 144.75 baht ($6 SGD)

The 2 shawls shown are from MBK center on the 4th or 5th floor. Bought at 700Baht ($30 SGD)

Then we headed to Siam Paragon where we went to Siam Ocean World. It is a bit like the sentosa's underwater aquarium with alot of sea creatures. There, we went on this boat ride where there are sharks & fishes below us. OMG alot of sharks~! I was holding onto the boat rail a bit nervous le. Some pics taken at Siam Ocean World.

Pic of this shark swiming (Sorry again for the bad quality pic 'cos its a little dark inside.)

sharkswimatsiamoceanparzr5.jpg

Edited by BunBun

wah howcome so many faces pics ar ... hmm...

:rofl: :rofl:

can see you bun bun .. next time very easy to know who you are if there is any huge gathering ...

i really like the hotel wor ... very modern n nice wor ...

hmm... wonder if the others would like it anot ...

nice bedroom layout ... funky design for the whole hotel ..

any more pics .. how abt showing what you eat , shop and places you went to ...

:D

Penguin hiding inside its enclosure cave

penguinsiamoceanworldnx2.jpg

A very cute sea otter. Those sea otters are soo cute :wub:

seaottersiamoceanworldqt9.jpg

A very BIG water rat.. didn't know it is a rat until I saw its description there. Really big sia

waterratatsiamoceanworlqc3.jpg

Then we dropped by MBK Center, we also bought dry food stuff to bring back to singapore for colleagues & family. It was all packed in one big bag which was surprisingly heavy!!!

my2ndhootonsatfb6.jpg

Hehe, its very hard to recognise me wor since my face not visible. :bleah:

Yah alot of face pics there. But really funky. I also wonder too if the others will like my reviews?

I didn't take pics of the food I ate 'cos mostly are street food types. I will post some pics of the things I bought. Next coming up is the famous chatuchak market review and some pics of my buys from Chatuchak market there. The nearest BTS station is Mo Chit which is where chatuchak market is located nearby.

For pet lovers out there. ZEN@centralworld has very cute pet stuffs like pet beds & etc. Chatuchak market have also. But the biggest bit should be the Ozone mall or something like that starting with a 'O' letter cos I was browsing through this free copy magazine in the hotel room that lists all places for shopping and eating. This place is very pet friendly, meaning can take pets with you shopping there. :dribble:

wah howcome so many faces pics ar ... hmm...

:rofl: :rofl:

can see you bun bun .. next time very easy to know who you are if there is any huge gathering ...

i really like the hotel wor ... very modern n nice wor ...

hmm... wonder if the others would like it anot ...

nice bedroom layout ... funky design for the whole hotel ..

any more pics .. how abt showing what you eat , shop and places you went to ...

:D

Edited by BunBun