Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
BunBun

My 'loft' Home In Jw

We went to Chatuchak market on sunday. But what didn't totally prepare us was HOW HOT & WARM it was at chatuchak market somemore. I had drunk water from 2 bottles of mineral water I shared with Mr Bun & 2 soft drinks also. But didn't even go toilet whole time I was at the market 'cos I was perspiring ALOT. I even had leg cramps from all the walking due to the market being very big & we were getting lost in that big maze of market, looking for the exit. I was there for 3 quarters of the day there.

Somewhere along the way, there will be things that will catch your eye. Chatuchak market is where you can put your bargaining power to use. We'd bargained for things at got almost all things at a low price though. Do remember to bargain & it is quite fun too.

Our first buy at Chatuchak market, Black peper & shalt shaker with box set

blackpeppershakesetvk0.jpg

2 pairs of slippers. Very Cheap and very nice also. 110 Baht (About $5 SGD)

slippersoo7.jpg

Dress & Shorts. Bought separately at different shops

dressshortsy9.jpg

Mens' Shirts

shirtshq8.jpg

Bought this for my hubby, Mr Bun

bermudashortsmb2.jpg

Okie will post up the rest of the pics tomorrow. Its getting late. So good night all. :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hehe, its very hard to recognise me wor since my face not visible. :bleah:

Yah alot of face pics there. But really funky. I also wonder too if the others will like my reviews?

I didn't take pics of the food I ate 'cos mostly are street food types. I will post some pics of the things I bought. Next coming up is the famous chatuchak market review and some pics of my buys from Chatuchak market there. The nearest BTS station is Mo Chit which is where chatuchak market is located nearby.

For pet lovers out there. ZEN@centralworld has very cute pet stuffs like pet beds & etc. Chatuchak market have also. But the biggest bit should be the Ozone mall or something like that starting with a 'O' letter cos I was browsing through this free copy magazine in the hotel room that lists all places for shopping and eating. This place is very pet friendly, meaning can take pets with you shopping there. :dribble:

haha can recognise you lah .. no prob one :notti:

wow wee .. totally can't wait to get there now leh ..

i wan to go to ZEN@centralworld !! !! my gfs told me that it has lots of cheap stuff which i need for my boys ...

Thanks for the photos :good: Yeah thinking of Chatuchak really make me sweat it was soooo hot & warm inside the mkt. :wacko::wacko:

The hotel looks :good: may i know how much to pay for one nite??? :unsure:

Looks not bad wor. + free tutu to BTS somemore. Save the bargaining w tut drivers. When i went Bkk last time, have to haggle with them and the fellow brought us to those jewellery shops. :furious: Dunno why we still went ahead tt time. ;)

Looks not bad wor. + free tutu to BTS somemore. Save the bargaining w tut drivers. When i went Bkk last time, have to haggle with them and the fellow brought us to those jewellery shops. :furious: Dunno why we still went ahead tt time. ;)

But I would rather stay at Samran next time. Just behind Asia Hotel and BTS. Much better.

Mr Bun

No prob about the pics. Yeah chatuchak is very warm & its easy to get lost in that big market somemore.. The more I think about the maze in the market, I think it is really easy to part with the money for shopping 'cos the more shops you pass by, sure bound to buy something! Good marketing strategy?:rofl:

It's about 100 sgd per night for the hotel stay as part of the travel package booked with AirAsia.

Thanks for the photos :good: Yeah thinking of Chatuchak really make me sweat it was soooo hot & warm inside the mkt. :wacko::wacko:

The hotel looks :good: may i know how much to pay for one nite??? :unsure:

Skywolf, yup got free tutuk service to the nearest BTS station. Comparing the common tutuks which have 1 seat bench for 2 persons, the one by LeFenix have 2 seat bench for at least 4 persons max. You can be sure that this tutuk will not drive crazily like those tutuks zipping in and out of traffic areas.

Posting more pics coming soon

Cap is a present from Mr Bun which cost about 150baht($7 SGD)

cappm0.jpg

Bath Towel. There's this stall selling towels, can get them in a set as in Hand towel, Face Towel, Bath Towel together. Some towels comes in other designs/patterns besides animal patterns, definitely look as good as those Aussino Towel sets. Not only that, they are also thick which is good for drying without getting too wet from absorbing water droplets from the body. :thumbs up:Will definitely buy more from this place next time I go Chatuchak market.

towelea9.jpg

We walked around Chatuchak market & noticed some shops that sell furnitures & lighting fixtures. One piece

of the furniture is just like one of the forumer's dining chairs (Wondeboyz & Finesse ) but didn't ask about the price though. There are buddha paintings, still photograpy portraits & oil paintings. I must say the photography is rather entertaining.

Then we saw these......

CUTIES!!! :wub:

These are golden labradors breed if I am not mistaken

puppiesinchatuchakww6.jpg

Those dear small puppies. The one in the pink cage is very small & kept crying to be let out.

smallpuppiesatchatuchaktx5.jpg

And this puppy looks very mischievous. It is the one that came to me looking like it wanted to be mine. Couldn't resist patting it & was very tempted to carry it also. :wub: :wub:

cutepuppyac0.jpg

Those puppies are selling at 4000 baht ($200 SGD) Kinda unbelievable for the price since those are pedigrees. :jawdrop:

Edited by BunBun

Just outta curiousity... do ppl here in sg import them in? Esp since ppl are getting more affluent and are willing to take the time to do the nec. paperwork? :unsure:

Just outta curiousity... do ppl here in sg import them in? Esp since ppl are getting more affluent and are willing to take the time to do the nec. paperwork? :unsure:

think it's hard to import dogs from bkk .. but you can try ..

there are some pte company willing to do for you .. but not easy wor ...

my oreo is from taipei , i did the paperworks myself .. goin thru the AVA etc ..

waiting time abt 2mths ..

Yah... i knoe yr Oreo imported from Taipei de. Still haven got the chance to pet hom wor. :~ Always see his and Donut's kawaii pics @ yr blog only... :P

Oh i see... so it's not like those you-see-then-you-arrange-yr-own-import kind huh... Ok ok...

That is all I have taken of my buys from Chatuchak market on sunday.

Our next shopping destination was the Platinum Fashion Mall yesterday after we'd checked out of the hotel. In fact we only had time to do light shopping only since we were due to be at the airport after that.

One thing about the Platinum Fashion Mall is that it is a wholesale retail center where you can get some clothings in a bundle. For eg; you can get 3 shirts together at for a price if the shop offers I had bought a couple dresses together for a price there before on my 1st trip before and it is a good buy to begin with since it is relatively cheap. So this is one place you can consider on your shopping list. :thumbs up:

My last buy from BKK is a pair of wedge shoes for 390 baht($17 SGD) from Platinum Fashion Mall

Front view

frontviewjp5.jpg

Side View

sideviewon3.jpg

And lastly a present from Mr Bun. Thanks Hubby! :wub:

puppyclubgs6.jpg

The design of your choice can be hot stamped onto the shirt of your preferred colour. The name of the shop there at Platinum Fashion Mall is Chaba Shop, on the 4th floor

bunbun!! nice hotel!! where izzit?? must be new one.. izzit near to Zen or other shopping centre?? i stayed in holiday inn that time which is walking distance to Zen. But a boring hotel and none like urs, very interesting and beautiful hotel!! :dribble:

how come u got so much stuff is bkk where i got very little things over there?? :( mabe i am too concentrate on buyin just my home stuff, that is why the last trip i didnt really enjoy it and slim down alot after came back from bkk cos of walking too much and weather killed!!