Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chuapcd

Advise Needed : Hdb Metal Gate

Hi,

Can someone let me know who I can contact to repair the "latch" on the HDB metal gate ? The one that you pull to hold your gate to the floor? Mine is broken and trying to see if this can be repaired. The same mechanism on my HDB main door as well...Thanks in advance.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I think the right name is called FLUSH BOLT....Anyone can help?

Hi,

Can someone let me know who I can contact to repair the "latch" on the HDB metal gate ? The one that you pull to hold your gate to the floor? Mine is broken and trying to see if this can be repaired. The same mechanism on my HDB main door as well...Thanks in advance.

I think the right name is called FLUSH BOLT....Anyone can help?

go the webpage of your town council - got handyman service. cheaper.

Hi,

Chanced upon this post. Anyone has a solution? I have the same problem...

my fren had this same thing too n the handyman told her had to change the gate, she changed it anyway as it was very old too. that was quite some time ago

my fren had this same thing too n the handyman told her had to change the gate, she changed it anyway as it was very old too. that was quite some time ago

My gate is still in good condition, except the broken flush bolt. Guess gotta improvise a solution...

There are two flush bolt(top and bottom) on the standard HDB gate. I don't see the issue if you still have one working.

The top one that goes into the frame is spoilt. I have relaid the marble flooring, so do not want to drill a hole at the bottom and install a dust proof socket.

Just want to share. I got my flush bolt to the metal gate replaced. Went to this shop called Alpha Metal at Ang Mo Kio industrial park. They recommended someone to us and we got it replaced. Flush bolt is twenty bucks and got to pay some servicing fee. But we also changed some window handles at the same time. Overall service not bad.

hi jean,

i just pm'ed you.

can you kindly share the contacts of the contractor who helped you installed the bolts?

i just called up alpha metals, they only sell the bolts but not installing it.

Just want to share. I got my flush bolt to the metal gate replaced. Went to this shop called Alpha Metal at Ang Mo Kio industrial park. They recommended someone to us and we got it replaced. Flush bolt is twenty bucks and got to pay some servicing fee. But we also changed some window handles at the same time. Overall service not bad.

Hi where can i get Main Dor magnet stopper. The one i saw from local shop is a small one, not looks like quality one. Anywhere can we get a good one ?

Edited by dpbandi

Hi where can i get Main Dor magnet stopper. The one i saw from local shop is a small one, not looks like quality one. Anywhere can we get a good one ?

Update :i got it mine at HomeFix @12Each.Thanks

i registered new account just to add updated comments to this outdated postings for the benefits of those who face the same problem of changing flush bolts. 

1) Have called Alpha metal on 20 July 2018 and they no longer introduce the handyman who can change the bolt.

2) finally get the contact from HDB handy site and get my 4 bolts changed at $150. If 2 pcs is $85 as quoted. call 9272-8675 Mr Lo. He usually can get it done asap.