Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
honeydew

What's Typical Carpentry Quotation

hello, i am renovating my house. who can help to share how much is the typical pfr for kitchen cabinet, study cabinet and wardrobe, using laminate

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hello honeydew,

kitchen cabinet wise is usually 100 - 160 pfr without the countertop

study cabinet wise height under 4 feet is the same with kitchen cabinet

above 4 feet they calculate using the wardrobe pricing.

Regards,

Darren

for full height solid ply with laminate cabinet, cost typically $220 to $240 per foot run. Also currently neg with my contractor so hope that those who have already experience the reno process please kindly share your qoute too. :D thnaks a million.

for full height solid ply with laminate cabinet, cost typically $220 to $240 per foot run. Also currently neg with my contractor so hope that those who have already experience the reno process please kindly share your qoute too. :( thnaks a million.

thru contractor or ID is @200-240 per foot. Unless you wanna deal direct with the carpenter by giving him detail drawing, code of laminate, and co-ordination work. Its ard 180 / sq foot.

Bear in mind, ID and Contractors are trying to make a living too. let them earn a little. dont squeeze them too much. Befriends with them and the quality will be better... trust me.

thru contractor or ID is @200-240 per foot. Unless you wanna deal direct with the carpenter by giving him detail drawing, code of laminate, and co-ordination work. Its ard 180 / sq foot.

Bear in mind, ID and Contractors are trying to make a living too. let them earn a little. dont squeeze them too much. Befriends with them and the quality will be better... trust me.

How is this 200-240/per sq foot calculated?

Anyone care to share?

Thanks.

Edited by planer

Hi, I think it should be per foot run (pfr) and not per sq foot (psf).

Must ask properly how the contractor quote. Some quote pfr for top and bottom cabinet separately.

Use a very simple example, lets say you build a straight line cabinet and from one end to other is 10 feet. And you want to build top cabinet for 5 feet only, so that is total 15 feet, and the cost will be 15pfr. So just for example if pfr is $200, so total will be $3000 excluding counter top. So if counter top is $100 pfr than it will be an additional $1000 ($100x10feet since top cabinet no counter top).

This is an example if they count top and bottom separately.

Note: The prices used in this example are frictional.

my contractor quote $150 to $180pfr depend on quality of laminate, whether interiors are laminate finishing and types of door. Found it reasonable but i KIV this project so din ask further. My mum wardrobe (casement, swing door) made by the same contractor and she has used it for more than 10 years, still good.

Hmmm, for kitchen top, do they charge the area where we put our sink and stove?

Till the last penny :D

But seriously, yes, it is charged. Because those cut out area still from the original slab, and the contractor will have no use of it too, I'm sure you can choose to retain it, maybe use as a deco for something else? :dunno:

is there a difference in price for quotation based on kitchen cabinet and wardrobe or feature wall?

My quotation for capentry work is very messy. :(

e.g. kitchen bottom & top separated cost (13 ft ea) is 120pfr

shoe cabinet & wardrobe (swing door) is 240 pfr

tv console is 160 pfr

feature wall is 280pfr

Is it expensive? can provide similar comparision in terms of pfr cost for me as reference? Thanks. :D

is there a difference in price for quotation based on kitchen cabinet and wardrobe or feature wall?

My quotation for capentry work is very messy. :(

e.g. kitchen bottom & top separated cost (13 ft ea) is 120pfr

shoe cabinet & wardrobe (swing door) is 240 pfr

tv console is 160 pfr

feature wall is 280pfr

Is it expensive? can provide similar comparision in terms of pfr cost for me as reference? Thanks. :D

Yes, i think carpentry quotation is messy.

(heard a earful but still not sure the rationale for such quotation. It is the same wood and similar construction)

I think price variation also dependent on the veneers they use.

There is a difference in grade of veneers.

Some higher priced veneers are really nicer. :)

But it is just psychological, or aesthetics... whichever way u put it.

The wood planks underneath the veneers are still the same.

Methought carpenter normally use the same type of plywood rather than try different grades?

As the outer colour can be better determine by the veneers, otherwise by PVC or laminate.

My understanding is from a thread from this forum (very well written but i couldn't locate it now).

Part of the info is as follows:

"Solid Plywood

Solid ply means whole piece of plywood (without cutting into flame) paste with veneer.

So plywood is just plywood, there actually no solid ply or non-solid ply. Just that what people make it into

Recently things had changed (not sure since when it started), carpenter start to replace plywood with blockboard. Now 90% of custom furniture (just a guess) using blockboard instead of plywood cause it is lighter than ply wood hence easier to work with & handling than plywood so it had become the carpenter's choice."

The usual material carpentry contractors use to fabricate kitchen cabinets & wardrobe is solid plywood which comes in different grade & thus different prices.

Methought carpenter normally use the same type of plywood rather than try different grades?
Oh no, there is plywood and there is plywood - I've seen lousy grade ones which have tiny holes in them. If not for the laminate as stated by you:
As the outer colour can be better determine by the veneers, otherwise by PVC or laminate.
most non-carpentry insiders wouldn't know the difference between the good grade solid plywood & lower grade versions.