Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
insanepoly

Insanepoly Reno Blog

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Thank you all. All the money spent on the renovation has been worth it. Since I tend to prefer to stay at home rather than jostle with the crowd on the weekends, I wanted to make it as cozy as I possibly can.

As for the decals, I can't find the receipt and I can't remember exactly how much it cost me. There's just so many receipts and invoices to keep track off, its crazy. But for those interested, I remember there's a website somewhere which I came across in renotalk.

Most of the credit has to go my ID who has done an excellent job. Thus far, I think I only called her up 2 or 3 times since the renovation started. This may sound crazy, but I actually did not even go on site to check on the workers while the renovation was going on. I was so busy with work and everything that the only time I could spare was 8-9 pm in the evening to check on the work in progress.

The curtain guy came down today to install the blinds and curtains. I has originally wanted to go with all blinds for the easy maintenance, but since there's a curve in the living room windows, the curtain guy convinced me to go with curtains and I ended up with a mixture of both.

I have to admit the curtains does add a certain something to the overall ambience.

reno049.jpg

reno050.jpg

Blinds for the study area. BTW my office chair also arrived from vhive today.

reno051.jpg

Plus the dinner table I ordered from Star Furniture-

reno052.jpg

Curtains in the living room- something thick enough to protect my privacy but still allows enough natural light to flow through.

reno053.jpg

And finally the fisher and paykel dryer plus the installation of the backsplash.

reno054.jpg

reno055.jpg

Edited by insanepoly

that idea of the end of the solid surface top for the kitchen is quite innovative since that end should have cabinets but instead got empty space for stools. Can double up as breakfast counter some more. Goes to show space planning is very important for a small cosy place. :P I like the study room best. Still trying to decide what I should do for my study room.

The wall decals look like those in Wink Tailor category by Wink but can't tell if its from Wink or from the other local wall decal shop that I know of. :unsure:

Edited by BunBun

Haha.. im also interested in the wall decal leh.. so nice.. btw insanepoly ur little platform what kind of laminate is that? is it those laminate for cabinets?

Hi BOO

Unable to talk to you last saturday afternoon as I am with my neighours and relatives.

We wil meet up again ok?

HAPPY

Been using same dryer for past 5 years, still in good condition, however vent it thru window with trunk due to fine lint...