Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dino77

Aircon For The Living Room

I will like to install aircon in my living room, based on the aircon btu calculation, i need at least a 28000 to 30000 btu for cooling my living room (actual estimation is abt 26k btu),it seem a lot of aircon shops only offer up to max of 24k btu for a single split.But i had checked our local panasonic website and they do have a 28k btu model and the fujistu do has a 30k btu model, any ideas where can i get those higher BTU units in Singapore.

Some people may go for a sys 2 in the living room, but since i also intend to aircon my all 3 remaining bedrooms, i don't like the idea to have a total 5 indoor units in my home.Thank!!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

My recommendation is also to go for sys 2 for your living room leh. Think it will be better than to have 1. You living room must be quite big, so if you have 2 units cooling from different area, will be better than 1 big unit trying to cool the whole room. Make sense? :)

since there is a higher btu being manufactured in the market, i will prefer to get it as one single spilt rather than a sys 2,if the one got problem, i will be able to retify directly to just that single unit.

Although only me and my wife will be staying in our new home which is a 5 rooms flat, we have decided to aircon all our bedrooms cause our masterbed room is just big enough for a king size bed and built in wardrode only .so the remaining 2 bedrooms will be study room and a guest room.That why i don't really wish to see 5 indoor compressor units in our new home.

since there is a higher btu being manufactured in the market, i will prefer to get it as one single spilt rather than a sys 2,if the one got problem, i will be able to retify directly to just that single unit.

Although only me and my wife will be staying in our new home which is a 5 rooms flat, we have decided to aircon all our bedrooms cause our masterbed room is just big enough for a king size bed and built in wardrode only .so the remaining 2 bedrooms will be study room and a guest room.That why i don't really wish to see 5 indoor compressor units in our new home.

dun be silly to base on the BTU calculation.... its not practical at all.

for the living hall, you will only want to cool down the humidity, not to make it really cold. you only want to be comfortable in a cool and low humid where you wont sweat while you watch tv or eat dinner.

in bedrooms, its different coz you are sleeping and you want to be quite cold in order to have good sleep.

personally, i find the BTU calculation doesnt really apply to living halls........

just put one normal split unit (9000 to 12000 BTU) in the hall, its good enough........

dun be silly to base on the BTU calculation.... its not practical at all.

for the living hall, you will only want to cool down the humidity, not to make it really cold. you only want to be comfortable in a cool and low humid where you wont sweat while you watch tv or eat dinner.

in bedrooms, its different coz you are sleeping and you want to be quite cold in order to have good sleep.

personally, i find the BTU calculation doesnt really apply to living halls........

just put one normal split unit (9000 to 12000 BTU) in the hall, its good enough........

i'm not expert in aircon, most of the info i got are from Singapore aircon blogspot.

As for the BTU calculation, i got it from the Singapore fujitstu aircon website, i feel it is more or less quite accurate for BTU calculation. That why , u will see 9k btu, 12k btu,18k btu and 24k btu units being commonly in the market for the HDB home. If a 9k btu can be good enough for living hall,then what the need for higher 18 and 24k btu??

dunno who is silly?

Get a higher btu for a living hall as being silly.

or use a 9 k to 12k btu to cool this living room as being silly

U all to judge.

To tell u the true,u r the first person in the world to tell me 9-12k btu is cool enough for living room...maybe it will still cool but take a longer time.If 12btu can do the job of cooling the living room,then what for i posted this topic here???

i'm not expert in aircon, most of the info i got are from Singapore aircon blogspot.

As for the BTU calculation, i got it from the Singapore fujitstu aircon website, i feel it is more or less quite accurate for BTU calculation. That why , u will see 9k btu, 12k btu,18k btu and 24k btu units being commonly in the market for the HDB home. If a 9k btu can be good enough for living hall,then what the need for higher 18 and 24k btu??

dunno who is silly?

U all to judge.

To tell u the true,u r the first person in the world to tell me 9-12k btu is cool enough for living room...maybe it will still cool but take a longer time.If 12btu can do the job of cooling the living room,then what for i posted this topic here???

9-12k is not sufficient for a living room. Need to consider the heat generated from TV and lightnings.

If fan-out is too small, the compressor will need to work extra harder to keep the temp constant. This will diminish the compressor life.

>12k BUT is definitely need for a living room/dinning hall. In fact, there're are ppl who use separate aircon units for living & dinning.

Yes...like someone already mentioned abt installing 1 sys 2 unit in the living room...because of the dining hall, i need to have a higher btu unit.

anyway, i already found a shop selling the single spilt 30k btu from fujitsu.The outdoor compressor unit is very big (90cm X 90cm X 35cm) big luckily i got a bigger side window in bwt the kitchen and the masterbed room window to place on the aircon ledge.

dunno who is silly?

U all to judge.

i'm not saying must only use 9k BTU for the hall. u can use 12k BTU for the hall.

the calculation is accurate for the users to really cold using the air con.

anyway, never trust salesman's words. always take with a pinch of salt. they are trying to make u spend more on the products they are selling to you. of course they will always tell you to get bigger ones......

same as u go buy a car. the car salesman will always tell you to get bigger CC coz of space lah, comfort lah, safer lah, better stable lah.......

but the question is do you really need such a big car?

to me, i have used only 9k BTU for hall before. and its really good enough because you only want to lower the humdity. no need to feel really cold in the hall.

in fact, my Samsung non-inverter 9k BTU can cool both the hall AND the kitchen together and my PUB bill was not high.

now i have moved into a bigger flat, i will be using 12k BTU unit for the hall.

undersize a air con unit will cause the compressor to work extra hard, running at it's full capacity to cool down the big space.

This will reduce the lifespan of the outdoor compressor unit.

For those who interested to get air con for living room, there is a Mitsubishi sys 4 inverter who goes for 26k-9k-9k-9k for abt $4k, if u want a higher btu, i happened to see this Gain city promotion selling this mitsubishi single spilt non-inverter 30k btu for $1599.I didn;t get my air con from gain city but from hong txx, they don;t have this mitsubishi stock and ended up getting a fujitsu instead.