Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
melting_starz

Raven & Starz's Rumah Kecil~

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

kitchen pics...

f_4kitchen4m_eaef7b7.jpg

LEFT: kitchen cabinet, now complete with turbo hood-n-hob, crizto sink, gattoni tap, n solid top!

RIGHT: blum system for the 3 big 90cm width drawer...

f_3kitchen3m_701176f.jpg

LEFT: small door opened

RIGHT: big door under sink opened

there were a lot of headache n discussions with the contractor which resulted in this kitchen cabinet layout...

1. we wanted to have a 70cm width hob. then hood normally only comes in either 60 or 90cm. naturally we chose 90cm for hood cuz 60cm hood with 70cm hob will look weird!

2. if hood is already 90cm, the bottom cabinet of where the hood n hob are will only look nice if it's of 90cm width too.

3. the hood n hob position must not be too near to sink n fridge, so should be in the middle. too near to fridge later fridge kena burnt, too near to sink, water n fire shouldn't be too close n cannot have two ppl standing at hob and sink at the same time! that's also to prevent being too straight with the kitchen window (fengshui no good?)

4. if hood n hob in the middle, and the drawer at the left hand side, then the drawer will be very narrow... i think less than 50 or 40cm of width, which is not nice...

5. end up decide on doing 3 drawers below the hob, which turn up to be very huge! 90cm width... then normal track don't think can support such big drawers, so end up getting blum tracks...

6. but then bottom cabinets should align together with the top cabinets then it will look nice, resulting the top n bottom cabinet doors on the left and right of hood n hob becoming one big one small...

7. because the bottom cabinet at the right of the hob becomes so small, then accessing the corner space from that small door becomes impossible...

8. was thinking doing some 3/4 round rack for the corner space, but contractor says not durable, especially the two-fold door. somemore if do the two-fold door, then the sink cabinet door will not look nice, i.e. not aligned...

9. end up the corner space must be accessed from the sink cabinet, which according to contractor is easier to access, i.e. right hand reach in... but dun really like to have such a big space under sink :dunno:

PS: sorry if it sounds too complicated, it'll be more like a note for me to remember :yamseng:

Edited by Ravenski

Hi RAV

Thks for your beautiful kitchen cabinet pic!!!

Is it a norm that the base is slightly inner when your cabinet sits on it?

HAPPY

So that your toes will have wriggling space when you do your stuff on the countertop? :P

hahaha :) happy, maybe what skywolf commented really make sense... i think for most kitchen cabinets tt i see, their base is definitely inner compared to the cabinets... which means if u want more space for your toes to wriggle, u need to have suspended cabinets... :good:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anyway, i came over to visit my house today... the internet is up! so happy that we can access internet already... this morning, we tried walking to tiong bahru market to eat breakfast! wah, so far away... but the food is really nice... maybe neighbours who are more familiar with the nice stalls can recommend... :P *mouth-watering food*

now the house is in a stayable condition... but the tv console and shoe cabinet and curtains are not settled yet... will wait for the contractor to come and touch up the remaining stuffs first... still thinking whether to get curtains from ikea... humph~ we were quoted around 800 to 900 for the curtains if custom-make... but i dun really fancy the designs they have... haiz.... wat a headache! :dunno:

hahaha :D happy, maybe what skywolf commented really make sense... i think for most kitchen cabinets tt i see, their base is definitely inner compared to the cabinets... which means if u want more space for your toes to wriggle, u need to have suspended cabinets... :P

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anyway, i came over to visit my house today... the internet is up! so happy that we can access internet already... this morning, we tried walking to tiong bahru market to eat breakfast! wah, so far away... but the food is really nice... maybe neighbours who are more familiar with the nice stalls can recommend... :dribble: *mouth-watering food*

now the house is in a stayable condition... but the tv console and shoe cabinet and curtains are not settled yet... will wait for the contractor to come and touch up the remaining stuffs first... still thinking whether to get curtains from ikea... humph~ we were quoted around 800 to 900 for the curtains if custom-make... but i dun really fancy the designs they have... haiz.... wat a headache! :bangwall:

ehh..the curtain, u can try go approach the curtain van at our neighbourhood. Its definitely cheaper than ikea's. My first curtain shopping is at ikea too. was quoted $860-$900 for living room (day+night) and mbr(night only). Then i went to clementi to check, got my curtain at price of $800. I settled my curtain by then already.

After that i realised that simpleboi did his curtain at $600+.. And i heard that the curtain van also quoted $600+. So for your estimate, the most reasonable curtain that u can do is $600+.

$600+ includes day+night in living room, and night at 3 bedrooms. Its v v reasonable cos they include the other 3 bedrooms also. If you wanna do day+night at mbr and living room, and night at the other 2 bedroom, u can do at a cost of $800+

fyi.. :yamseng:

hihi melting starz, Ur kitchen cabinets colour combination really look like mine... :yamseng: so nice that u have the blum system.. i didnt bought it in time for my cabinets... :bangwall:

ehh..the curtain, u can try go approach the curtain van at our neighbourhood. Its definitely cheaper than ikea's. My first curtain shopping is at ikea too. was quoted $860-$900 for living room (day+night) and mbr(night only). Then i went to clementi to check, got my curtain at price of $800. I settled my curtain by then already.

After that i realised that simpleboi did his curtain at $600+.. And i heard that the curtain van also quoted $600+. So for your estimate, the most reasonable curtain that u can do is $600+.

$600+ includes day+night in living room, and night at 3 bedrooms. Its v v reasonable cos they include the other 3 bedrooms also. If you wanna do day+night at mbr and living room, and night at the other 2 bedroom, u can do at a cost of $800+

fyi.. :D

hey yangguo, thanks for your kind information... but where can i find the curtain van? any idea what is the company name for the curtain van? we were quoted quite expensive i think... but after bargaining, the person is only willing to discount till 800+ and the samples that we like already out of stock! :jawdrop:

hihi melting starz, Ur kitchen cabinets colour combination really look like mine... :unsure: so nice that u have the blum system.. i didnt bought it in time for my cabinets... :unsure:

heehee ya... except that my brown cabinets are a lighter shade of yours... chose this colour cuz our floor tiles are peachy colour... :( your cabinets under the hob looks quite big... issit difficult to close without the blum and no handles?

hey yangguo, thanks for your kind information... but where can i find the curtain van? any idea what is the company name for the curtain van? we were quoted quite expensive i think... but after bargaining, the person is only willing to discount till 800+ and the samples that we like already out of stock! :help:

Hi,

I was quoted by the uncle from the curtain van too.. he gave me around $1k quotation.. although looks not bad :help:

Then my other half managed to get this one.. for 600+ so took it.. it's quite simple.. but looked ok and worked well so far :(

If u interested I can PM u the contact

:dribble:

hi!

I am planning to get simpleboi's curtain contacts to come down to do onsite measurement, will you be interested?

:)

hi gal,

hope u guys get well soon yah. he came yesterday, most prob i will go with him. he will be taking final measurements again, maybe today.

lingqie,

when is the curtain man going to ur place? Rav & me down with fever... i pm u or simpleboi if i need the contact? thanks for offering...

Hi,

Do rest well, seems recently a lot of pple sick,

my wife also flu last weekend..

my boss too etc

Hi,

Do rest well, seems recently a lot of pple sick,

my wife also flu last weekend..

my boss too etc

ya man... Rav took 4 days mc this week... the fever just wont go down... yesterday was feeling better but this morning got running nose! :(

linggie, so u confirm with the curtain van? heard from my bf's mum tt last nite got the chinese tv show introducing cheapest stuffs in singapore? they said the cheapest is in katong...

Hi Melt Starz....nice to meet you sun morning, how is the bolting? Well, that is really a good bargain....hehehehehe....

My present neighbour do $200 for 2 unit. That is expensive.