Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

My husband and I went to IMM yesterday to get quotation for our reno. We will only be renovating our kitchen and 2 toilets. I have read so much about * Plan and as what I read it's one of the good renovation firm to engage. I was rather optimistic about it but it turned a big nightmare for me and my husband.

We went there for a quotation and the the guy we talked to instead gave us lecture regarding the budget . He kept on bringing the topic of considering our budget. He given gave us a list of things to buy like the wash basin, shower screen, oven, hood etc... In the first place we never came to the point of negotiating for the budget since he never quoted us anything nor are we dumb enough to go there without knowing what we are getting ouselves in. I wanted him to quote us certain things such as black granite countertop and instead he discouraged us and said black granite is no good and I should settle using post form countertop. I also asked me I wanted a a black tempered glass backsplash for my kitchen, and again said its not a good idea to use one . Whenever we try to suggest something he would discourage it :notti: . He said that renovating a house shouldn't be taken lightly and requires careful consideration. I totally agree with him but I don't think he was in a position to assume that we cannot afford a renovation. I never felt humiliated and insulted in my entire life :notti: . If he thinks our project is quite small compared to other projects that he handles by all means he should have been frank and said he is not interested... at least we wouldnt waste our time listening to him.

I didn't get his name and I 'm not interested in knowing who he is. Nor did he offer to give us his business card. It was downright clear both parties share mutual feeling of dislike.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
My husband and I went to IMM yesterday to get quotation for our reno. We will only be renovating our kitchen and 2 toilets. I have read so much about * Plan and as what I read it's one of the good renovation firm to engage. I was rather optimistic about it but it turned a big nightmare for me and my husband.

We went there for a quotation and the the guy we talked to instead gave us lecture regarding the budget . He kept on bringing the topic of considering our budget. He given gave us a list of things to buy like the wash basin, shower screen, oven, hood etc... In the first place we never came to the point of negotiating for the budget since he never quoted us anything nor are we dumb enough to go there without knowing what we are getting ouselves in. I wanted him to quote us certain things such as black granite countertop and instead he discouraged us and said black granite is no good and I should settle using post form countertop. I also asked me I wanted a a black tempered glass backsplash for my kitchen, and again said its not a good idea to use one . Whenever we try to suggest something he would discourage it :notti: . He said that renovating a house shouldn't be taken lightly and requires careful consideration. I totally agree with him but I don't think he was in a position to assume that we cannot afford a renovation. I never felt humiliated and insulted in my entire life :notti: . If he thinks our project is quite small compared to other projects that he handles by all means he should have been frank and said he is not interested... at least we wouldnt waste our time listening to him.

I didn't get his name and I 'm not interested in knowing who he is. Nor did he offer to give us his business card. It was downright clear both parties share mutual feeling of dislike.

My ID at cis*ern oso like tat one... Nvr mind lor, already went there and had the bad experience liao.. now u noe for a fact what kind of service they provide lor. It's really a pain to find a reliable ID/Contractor, I share yr pain and frustration. I am also looking at changing my ID, so my shopping for IDs had begun once again.

My fren did black granite table top, very NICE! :notti: good choice! but again, it depends on individual liking lor, maybe the person u speak to is an uncle so his taste is of diff era lor :notti: End of day, the house is yours, u surely hv the final say what to do and not.

Best of luck with yr future finding!!

i believe some ids are like tat. but dun be discourage. there are some reali gd ids ard in the market. :notti: so take ur time to source for the one u are comfortable with. :notti:

i believe some ids are like tat. but dun be discourage. there are some reali gd ids ard in the market. :notti: so take ur time to source for the one u are comfortable with. :notti:

Hello hello....hey were u the one who intro Johhny for I*eal ho*e to me? I met someone kind enuf to share his contact info w me. Spoke with him on the phone, pleasant person to speak with. Hv still email him the works i need done.

Thanks for your encouragement!

Haiz... Just read my postings in the thread "* Plan" pg 31... Dunno if it is the same ID. If not, worse still, 2 IDs like that in the same co.

Think sometimes when ID get too popular and start believing in their own hype or the promotion they get in forums, they forget who is the person paying. They start to get too arrogant or their head swell. I rather get a humble one then a arrogant one irregardless how good they may be.

I feel since you are the one paying, you should get to decide what you want. They should give opinion if they want but never hard sell or pressure clients. We are the clients after all.

Anyway there are still other good ID/contractors who are good and still humble, I am sure you can find one. Don't get discouraged

Good luck in your ID hunt

Cheers

-Tomas

Thanks everyone for the encouragement !! . I really appreciate it. I would definitely not be swayed because of one unhappy incident. Just like when we were looking for a flat, there were several times we were disappointened and disheartened but I firmly believe there is that particular house which is really meant for us. Now that we've found it I know in my heart theres also one renovation firm destined for us !!

Yeah, dun lose heart. Plan early enough and never feel pressurised to make any decisions. Give yourself enough time and if you do not feel comfortable about anything at all with regards to the ID, usually your instinct is right and so walk away. Check out this forum and do a search on the good IDs which have won praises from real actual customers and not just awards which they can just satisfy some superficial documentary requirements and pay $$ for. :dancingqueen:

Cheerios

Should not be the same ID since Kelvin is showing us to his renovation work on Sunday afternoon.

I have been looking at this forum for quite a few time and know somewhat about your story. I am not intended to take part in your dispute with Kelvin and his 'fans' since I am just a follow-up. There are a couple of praise and a few criticisms (like yours) on Kelvin in this forum. After taking a look that those words and pics, I still decide to contact Kelvin becoz I think I would trust more on my personal feeling. The justification is based on the belief that different gusy may have difference experience with the same ID. For example, my friend has a quite negative impression on a renowned ID in 'HS'. The ID is said to 'always tried to put in more stuffs in my list but never comes out with any good idea on my floor plan'.

I have yet to deicde my ID till now since I want to know more about every ID and his work. My suggestion to simplyannes is to talk with more IDs and find the one that best matches your expectation. There are chances where you meet mediocre IDs in a reputable renovation firm. So do a search in the forum, make a judgement by yourself and contact IDs to have a free consultation. :sport-smiley-018:

Haiz... Just read my postings in the thread "* Plan" pg 31... Dunno if it is the same ID. If not, worse still, 2 IDs like that in the same co.

I told my ID our budget and a theme so he went ahead to design...

den nx session, we discussed abt material to use.. he gave us pros and cons abt certain materials we like.. but he say u still can go ahead... jus that in long term run its not good..

so far, im quite happy with he's proposal.. i cant wait to start my reno blog too

Should not be the same ID since Kelvin is showing us to his renovation work on Sunday afternoon.

I have been looking at this forum for quite a few time and know somewhat about your story. I am not intended to take part in your dispute with Kelvin and his 'fans' since I am just a follow-up. There are a couple of praise and a few criticisms (like yours) on Kelvin in this forum. After taking a look that those words and pics, I still decide to contact Kelvin becoz I think I would trust more on my personal feeling. The justification is based on the belief that different gusy may have difference experience with the same ID. For example, my friend has a quite negative impression on a renowned ID in 'HS'. The ID is said to 'always tried to put in more stuffs in my list but never comes out with any good idea on my floor plan'.

I have yet to deicde my ID till now since I want to know more about every ID and his work. My suggestion to simplyannes is to talk with more IDs and find the one that best matches your expectation. There are chances where you meet mediocre IDs in a reputable renovation firm. So do a search in the forum, make a judgement by yourself and contact IDs to have a free consultation. :yamseng:

I didn't mention any Kelvin here. In fact I don't know the name of the guy who we talked to. My issue here is with the guy with the attitude problem who works for *Plan and not the company itself. Don't you think it's degrading to be advised to check out the prices of oven, basins, shower screens etc in IMM and see if we could afford it including the expenses of renovation?

I have been reading this site since we started to look for a house and more or less I've read most of the post here. Of course I'm not making my judgement because of what I've read in these forum and I too agree with you that it's my own opinion and experience which matters when deciding for an ID.

I didn't mention any Kelvin here. In fact I don't know the name of the guy who we talked to. My issue here is with the guy with the attitude problem who works for *Plan and not the company itself. Don't you think it's degrading to be advised to check out the prices of oven, basins, shower screens etc in IMM and see if we could afford it including the expenses of renovation?

I have been reading this site since we started to look for a house and more or less I've read most of the post here. Of course I'm not making my judgement because of what I've read in these forum and I too agree with you that it's my own opinion and experience which matters when deciding for an ID.

Just wondering, always got new sign ups and all their postings seem to protect K$%#*^ only. They don't seem to participate in other threads...

Edited by caDAVEr

Just wondering, always got new sign ups and all their postings seem to protect K$%#*^ only. They don't seem to participate in other threads...

Just create account only... free one mah... ha ha ha :yamseng:

he is rude!

black granite top is nice! we wanted to get it but our ID told us not to coz any scratches will b very visible. In the end, we settle for thse greyish type.

We almst sign up with them but the lady who served us quoted us too expensive. They have this basic package which already cost almost $9k which i feel most of the items i dn't require for my new premium flat. She insisted that it is necessary and tell me that most of the items does not cost much.

i asked her for a breakdown of the prices but end up, still $8k+. But the additional items that she quoted are the lowest among the ID i shortlisted.

I would prefer her because she seems more experienced than my current ID but seeing how reno going on now, i am glad we didn't make the wrong choice

Edited by teodami

paiseh off topic a bit - how do you scratch a granite top?

i've been dragging pots and pans and everything else all over my granite top, no scratches at all :bangwall:

Edited by applefreak