Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
BlueFly

Ventilation Fan In Toilet

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi,

just to share. i had just contacted a company which was recommended by another thread relating to the installation of ventilation fan.

The lady quoted me $200 (approximate) inclusive of the ventilation fan (not sure which type or model) and to change the existing lourve window to the push out top hung type (should be the same as bluefly's picture). She is arranging for her colleague to view my place and then she will write to HDB on my behalf to seek approval.

hi,

just to share. i had just contacted a company which was recommended by another thread relating to the installation of ventilation fan.

The lady quoted me $200 (approximate) inclusive of the ventilation fan (not sure which type or model) and to change the existing lourve window to the push out top hung type (should be the same as bluefly's picture). She is arranging for her colleague to view my place and then she will write to HDB on my behalf to seek approval.

Do tell us how the installation went and how efficient is the ventilation fan. I am considering for my home toilets too, a bit tired of cleaning off the black mold from the white ceiling... they keep coming back after a while !!

hi,

If mine is already top hung will it be cheaper? When you do already can take pix and show us? The ventilation fan is it KDK also? Thanks!

sure...will take picture and post once it's ready

not sure about the brand of the ventilation fan as we only talk about the costs and the need to take measurement first.

if yours is a top hung, you probably need to pay for the cutting of the glass or acrylic sheet to fit the fan as per what Bluefly said

sorry for this belated response.

psim: you can buy kdk fan at Hong Kwang, Kelantan Rd, Blk 30, #01-85. got mine, model 15wud -- the one you see on my blog -- for $50 bef GST.

flyersummer: the kdk fan comes with a pull cord that you use to turn on/off the fan. if you need a timer switch you can buy one for abt $20 at any hardware / electrical shop.

some ppl connect the vent fan directly to the toilet light circuit so that the fan is turned on when the light goes on.

hope that helps. :notti:

Hi blueFly,

I will be buying the esaver timer. I prefer to have individual timer to on/off. Thanks anyway.

:P

toilet2.jpg

plus

diy6.jpg

=

esaver.jpg

:(:dribble::unsure:

Hi MaCe, Is that your ventilation fan?? How much did you pay for the fan (model?) and the did you replace the windows or come original like dat (casement)? how come still have the cord if its using electrical switch cord?

My ID quoted me $310 for fan and fix panel, he say he will send the window to cut but window cannot open one. I wanted one like ur Pic. hee.. so he's gg to check and get back to me again.

Hi MaCe, Is that your ventilation fan?? How much did you pay for the fan (model?) and the did you replace the windows or come original like dat (casement)? how come still have the cord if its using electrical switch cord?

My ID quoted me $310 for fan and fix panel, he say he will send the window to cut but window cannot open one. I wanted one like ur Pic. hee.. so he's gg to check and get back to me again.

the kdk fan i remember paying around $50+ nia.

window is about $150 or $120

total about $200.00

window can still be open to a certain angle only(not fully open) but in real life why you want to open it for??? :disturb:

that string cord is for closing the cover of the exhaust fan, once closed, the fan will be off.

mine is always open.

Look under electricals/electronic section as well as my tblog chat, there is another discussion on this with all the contractor contacts and where to buy.

Hi Mace, Thanks for posting the pic.

I got the esaver liao. However, my contractor have up the switch for my fan. Maybe I didn't tell him before hand that i want a timer and not a switch with plug.

But I told him just now, so I expect to pull out the plug, take out the 13A socket and put up the timer for me. :P

Hi all,

would like to give my 2 thumbs up to Jasmine from Central Aluminium. the process of installing the ventilation fan via Jasmine was straightforward and worry-free.

I contacted Jasmine about 2 weeks ago and within a few days, she arranged for her worker to assess my WC window. Last Monday (7 Apr), she asked me to fax her my floor plan and provide her with my NRIC to apply for the approval HDB permit, the approval was granted on 10 Apr and by yesterday 15 Apr, my ventilation fan was up. And it only cost me $200 nett (fixed panel plus the KDK fan model 20WUD)

I will post up the picture before and after when i get home tonight

Hi all,

would like to give my 2 thumbs up to Jasmine from Central Aluminium. the process of installing the ventilation fan via Jasmine was straightforward and worry-free.

I contacted Jasmine about 2 weeks ago and within a few days, she arranged for her worker to assess my WC window. Last Monday (7 Apr), she asked me to fax her my floor plan and provide her with my NRIC to apply for the approval HDB permit, the approval was granted on 10 Apr and by yesterday 15 Apr, my ventilation fan was up. And it only cost me $200 nett (fixed panel plus the KDK fan model 20WUD)

great, that should be the price.

btw - i didnt even apply for permits. !!

Hi all,

Great to hear the convenience of the whole process.

I'm intending to get one too. Can you let me have her contacts?

Will love to see your pics tonight.

!!

yup...had heard from ppl that as long as the ventilation fan is fixed inside the house i.e not protruding out, you actually do not need a permit.

but being a typical singaporean (kiasu, kiasi), better to be safe than sorry :notti:

you never know when HDB will fault you and then turn around and say "it's the rules". had encountered such incidents with government bodies too many times until scared

Great to hear the convenience of the whole process.

I'm intending to get one too. Can you let me have her contacts?

Will love to see your pics tonight.

!!

the contact:

Jasmine - Central Aluminium

Tel: 6368-3313