Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
babytan

Dogs & Us

1st, let me say thank you :bow: to all your replies and advice

(if not later i forget liao..lolz)

we already make do without the following:

1) he created another entrance for kitchen toilet door cos he said too small if i wanna put vanity top

create new entrance - $120

seal up existing toilet entrance - $380

told him i wan to keep the door no matter what la, save $500 leh :jawdrop:

i gave up the vanity top $1300 :jawdrop:

2) the package only homo tiles for living & kitchen. rooms are laminate only. therefore no hacking for rooms. if we want homo tiles for rooms:

hacking all bedroom existing tiles - $400

top up add cost (laminated floor to homo) - $960

told him just stick to package, laminate rooms and homo for living & kitchen

3) gave up also study table - $1040 and bookshelves - $660

4) 2 bedside table - $560

told him just gave me 2 planks of shelves FOC to serve as bedside table.. :notti:

5) gave up half height headboard - $1080 :jawdrop:

6) intend to have a full height cabinet next to fridge (inverted L-shaped) - $860 gave up also :(

hahha relax..my initial quote was $43K++, after cancel this and that, now $33K++ NOT including electrical

yours is new or resale huh? how many rooms? you saw the quote i posted? yours similar to mine? or if you convenient, send to me leh..i also wanna kpo kpo :deal:

or best, both of us can meet them together and ask for cheaper quote :notti: keke

I think we sama sama.... think i posted lots of :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop: upon @ the initial stages of quotations gathering. :notti: Can pm me yr email add? I forward you mine. It's a 5 rm resale.

Harlow....

U can consider get stuff or planks frm ikea too wor....can get ur ID to install for u? We got 2 planks (abt 80cm--1m length) n askd contractor to install for us on the wall near the bed, becomes a ledge to put things....If I rem correctly, these planks frm ikea r very cheap n can install urself oso wan....

easy to diy... :)

Hi GreyCat, ikea got huh... then whew liao... coz thinking @ back of mind of bedside tables or plank to jump light stuff there. :)

hahh haven confirm him la, still no signs of his revised quote yet leh..he said wed wor.. :unsure: wait lor

most quotes 35K + he is quite creative and sincere la

so if others also same price with him, then the possibility of engaging him is higher la..

doors contact? i meant doors for our rooms leh..i saw in the other thread about nyatoh doors which located in sungei kadut but when asked for address, no replies leh..does anyone have any idea about that?

if i can get those $150++ door then it would be much more cheaper lor but of course veneer nicer :notti:

$150++ are classic doors i think. But i had not seen them around to try knocking wor...

Dono about sungei kadut ... but remember... there are MANY types of veneer doors. Cheap ones with inferior outer layer can be cheap but you won't like the designs. Have your ID showed you the available designs and do you like them?

Don't just go with the price... if so, later if your ID show you very limited range to choose from, then you have to live with your selected choices. My advise... whether you like the designs provided by your ID or not.... go visit some door manufacturers like Yontat.... ask them questions about the materials and different types of doors.... whether using hollow doors or solid.... what kind of lock set they provide (I added $10 for a better lock set than the standard round ones).

I have went all the way to woodlands factories to hunt for doors.... and I find Yontat pretty competitive in pricing with decent range of designs. Surprisingly, the sales person at Yontat does not seem to bother whether we buy from them or not. They just present the range and prices, and answer whatever questions you have. They don't entertain bargaining cause they quote contractors the same price. They will explain to you why some doors are cheaper than others. They also have nyatoh doors and classic doors.

Doors form a big area within your flat... like a painting.... don't settle for designs that you don't like. It is worth putting in more effort to look at what is available out there. :good:

Thanks, Max... no chance to pop by YT yet. Lolz... seems like it's still a gd place to go despite the aunty giving one of the forummers 'you owe me $ kinda attitude'. :notti:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Dono about sungei kadut ... but remember... there are MANY types of veneer doors. Cheap ones with inferior outer layer can be cheap but you won't like the designs. Have your ID showed you the available designs and do you like them?

Don't just go with the price... if so, later if your ID show you very limited range to choose from, then you have to live with your selected choices. My advise... whether you like the designs provided by your ID or not.... go visit some door manufacturers like Yontat.... ask them questions about the materials and different types of doors.... whether using hollow doors or solid.... what kind of lock set they provide (I added $10 for a better lock set than the standard round ones).

I have went all the way to woodlands factories to hunt for doors.... and I find Yontat pretty competitive in pricing with decent range of designs. Surprisingly, the sales person at Yontat does not seem to bother whether we buy from them or not. They just present the range and prices, and answer whatever questions you have. They don't entertain bargaining cause they quote contractors the same price. They will explain to you why some doors are cheaper than others. They also have nyatoh doors and classic doors.

Doors form a big area within your flat... like a painting.... don't settle for designs that you don't like. It is worth putting in more effort to look at what is available out there. :notti:

fully agreed with you :notti: ID haven show me wat designs..maybe i can go Yontat to take a look since i am staying quite near..but how about the installation part? you buy and ID fix for you or Yontat?

do you still have their address? sorry to trouble you..kekeke

hihi look for Kelvin Ho 91097298 , he deals with doors .. hope he can help u ~

thankie :unsure: he sell all types of doors + installation?

I think we sama sama.... think i posted lots of :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop: upon @ the initial stages of quotations gathering. :notti: Can pm me yr email add? I forward you mine. It's a 5 rm resale.

Hi GreyCat, ikea got huh... then whew liao... coz thinking @ back of mind of bedside tables or plank to jump light stuff there. :good:

$150++ are classic doors i think. But i had not seen them around to try knocking wor...

Thanks, Max... no chance to pop by YT yet. Lolz... seems like it's still a gd place to go despite the aunty giving one of the forummers 'you owe me $ kinda attitude'. :notti:

okie, PM-ed you :notti:

ikea got a lot of planks like and glass. my current house also have the glass plank in the bathroom (no $ to do vanity top :deal: ) tell your ID to give you FOC 2 planks to serve as bedside table as the area not big thus not a big cost for them la..unless you wanna put heavy item..i intend to put alarm clocks only

hmm see if i can get YT address, if i have to go will try to pass some info to you..

yours 5 room cost 36K huh? then mine 3room deduct deduct still need 33K :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

fully agreed with you :notti: ID haven show me wat designs..maybe i can go Yontat to take a look since i am staying quite near..but how about the installation part? you buy and ID fix for you or Yontat?

do you still have their address? sorry to trouble you..kekeke

Price includes lock set, dismantle of old doors and installation....basically, all in except for door frame.

Their website:

http://www.yontat.com.sg/door_Artistic.htm

Edited by Max383

thankie :notti: he sell all types of doors + installation?

seriously i not too sure abt what types of doors he selling leh ..

only met him once at my gf's wedding. only could recall that he mention that he caters supplies to HDB, Condo and offices ... and lots of ppl walk in for their DIY reno ~

:furious: hope he can give you a good discount. think you need to mention me as the SQ ger.

Price includes lock set, dismantle of old doors and installation....basically, all in except for door frame.

Their website:

http://www.yontat.com.sg/door_Artistic.htm

thankie much :notti: like this quite worth it leh, i would go and take a look

really appreciate your help

seriously i not too sure abt what types of doors he selling leh ..

only met him once at my gf's wedding. only could recall that he mention that he caters supplies to HDB, Condo and offices ... and lots of ppl walk in for their DIY reno ~

:furious: hope he can give you a good discount. think you need to mention me as the SQ ger.

ok think i better call him to clarify..woo hoo SQ ger, must be very pretty hor :( ..you still awake at 6am ah??

ok think i better call him to clarify..woo hoo SQ ger, must be very pretty hor :sport-smiley-004: ..you still awake at 6am ah??

haha so so neh .. more like yellow face wifey lah ..

me up since 4am ...

haha so so neh .. more like yellow face wifey lah ..

me up since 4am ...

wake up at 4am chio si mi??

you morning owl leh :lol:

wake up at 4am chio si mi??

you morning owl leh :lol:

erhmm.. had fever , after shower too freshen up to go back to sleep

thus spamming RT , doing housework , bring my boys to vet , wash clothes .. spamming RT etc ...

erhmm.. had fever , after shower too freshen up to go back to sleep

thus spamming RT , doing housework , bring my boys to vet , wash clothes .. spamming RT etc ...

wow so shiok lor..tai tai life not bad hor, stay at home take care of doggie !!

think you spamming till get fever is it? spam here n there lor..kekek

take care !!

wow so shiok lor..tai tai life not bad hor, stay at home take care of doggie !!

think you spamming till get fever is it? spam here n there lor..kekek

take care !!

no lah .. me felt feverish thus woke up to get cold shower and took panadol ...

since too freshen up and unable to sleep . .so spamming RT lor ...

no lah .. me felt feverish thus woke up to get cold shower and took panadol ...

since too freshen up and unable to sleep . .so spamming RT lor ...

i envy you leh, i dun mind waking up early to do housework :notti: but no tai tai life leh

pray for your fever to subside so that you people can enjoy your coming gathering :dancingqueen:

when gather in west area, let me know hor..kekeke SK too far for me leh

i envy you leh, i dun mind waking up early to do housework 8| but no tai tai life leh

pray for your fever to subside so that you people can enjoy your coming gathering :disturb:

muahaha doing housework never is tai tai life leh ..

need to get rid of donut's flying furs and wash clothes ...

now trying to unpack my stuff ... my storeroom still in the mess ...

boxes all piled up etc

still have to fold clothes n tidy up the house for the gathering...

i really wish i could just throw everything away ... haiz :rofl::rofl:

thanks for your concern, i'm feeling better now ..

tot of asking you over ... since my tenent moved out le ~

and we having gathering at my place 8| 8|

btw did you get to check on your doors and did your ID revise your quotation already ??

huh ask me over when tenant moved out? cannot go your house when tenant around meh?? :dancingqueen:

bad is no more rent to collect, good is more privacy hor, do wat also can lah..hahahah

aiya, ID haven send me the revised quote leh, but my fren gave me another idea..maybe got some changes, see how it goes..will be busy over this week cos my current flat buyer coming for final inspection, got to clean up the whole house thoroughly... !! shack liao

was thinking if got time go and check out the doors but ID also haven confirm, how to see door..hahah like too kan chiong le :P

hmm if i can make it i call you can or not? is next sat rite? eh also duno any1 leh, quite paisey wor !!

huh ask me over when tenant moved out? cannot go your house when tenant around meh?? :dancingqueen:

bad is no more rent to collect, good is more privacy hor, do wat also can lah..hahahah

aiya, ID haven send me the revised quote leh, but my fren gave me another idea..maybe got some changes, see how it goes..will be busy over this week cos my current flat buyer coming for final inspection, got to clean up the whole house thoroughly... :notti: shack liao

was thinking if got time go and check out the doors but ID also haven confirm, how to see door..hahah like too kan chiong le :notti:

hmm if i can make it i call you can or not? is next sat rite? eh also duno any1 leh, quite paisey wor :notti:

haha was asking if you still need a place to stay .. but you mention tat SK is very far :):sport-smiley-004:

ya we having gathering on 13th at my place .. come n join us ~

i envy you leh, i dun mind waking up early to do housework :dribble: but no tai tai life leh

pray for your fever to subside so that you people can enjoy your coming gathering :P

!! !! Babytan, my in laws @ Teban lehz. And i stay @ east side so it's mrt all the way weekly. !! :yamseng: Mai complain. Haha!!