Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
babytan

Dogs & Us

Harlow....

U can consider get stuff or planks frm ikea too wor....can get ur ID to install for u? We got 2 planks (abt 80cm--1m length) n askd contractor to install for us on the wall near the bed, becomes a ledge to put things....If I rem correctly, these planks frm ikea r very cheap n can install urself oso wan....

easy to diy... :notti:

ya i will get some items from ikea also lor..but i just ask ID to supply and install FOC lor

rest of the items if ID install but got supply labour charges etc etc... all are $$$$ :notti:

need to buy those toilet accessories also ma

Hi Babytan,

I think we're with the same ID, right?

Recognize the drawing...

Are u finally decided to use this ID?

Good.... somebody to compare

:sport-smiley-003:

hmm mine not from Gplan leh..think we are doing very similiar works..show me your quote also leh..kekeke

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
ya i will get some items from ikea also lor..but i just ask ID to supply and install FOC lor

rest of the items if ID install but got supply labour charges etc etc... all are $$$$ :jawdrop:

need to buy those toilet accessories also ma

hmm mine not from Gplan leh..think we are doing very similiar works..show me your quote also leh..kekeke

Not from GPlan?

Hue he he he my mistake

My total reno cost is posted on my blog :jawdrop:

Have fun with your reno.....

hahha definately more cabinets for me, no choice leh, i got no more space liao

doors not possible as the flat is super original, 20+ years old liao..you got any contacts to buy doors?

TV console how to explain to him simple huh? even if i say 1 piece of wooden plank he also charge me the same as this is consider designer rite..kekekke i already told him i wanted simple and zen look liao lor..he still add mirror / glass insert but he said can deduct little $ if i want him to remove..i wonder how little :notti: that sliding door for WIW really cost alot..i will consider..keke

shoe cabinet too..just saw some nice 1 at beehive :rofl: gave up on study room liao, far too expensive for us, buy outside cheaper

looks like you more or less confirm this Danny liao ar ...

can nego till you happy wor ...

just tell him what you want and needs wor .. get him to revise ~

i think i might have a contact for doors .. need to look for his name card ...

a sliding door should be ard 300 plus or more , depending on the length etc :rofl:

i was quoted at this amt for my kitchen sliding door, but to save cost , i used the same door of my bombshelter to swing over to "close' the kitchen entrance ... when i need to use the aircon at the living hall ... :rofl:

looks like you more or less confirm this Danny liao ar ...

can nego till you happy wor ...

just tell him what you want and needs wor .. get him to revise ~

i think i might have a contact for doors .. need to look for his name card ...

a sliding door should be ard 300 plus or more , depending on the length etc :rofl:

i was quoted at this amt for my kitchen sliding door, but to save cost , i used the same door of my bombshelter to swing over to "close' the kitchen entrance ... when i need to use the aircon at the living hall ... :rofl:

hahh haven confirm him la, still no signs of his revised quote yet leh..he said wed wor.. :notti: wait lor

most quotes 35K + he is quite creative and sincere la

so if others also same price with him, then the possibility of engaging him is higher la..

doors contact? i meant doors for our rooms leh..i saw in the other thread about nyatoh doors which located in sungei kadut but when asked for address, no replies leh..does anyone have any idea about that?

if i can get those $150++ door then it would be much more cheaper lor but of course veneer nicer :rofl:

hahh haven confirm him la, still no signs of his revised quote yet leh..he said wed wor.. :notti: wait lor

so if others also same price with him, then the possibility of engaging him is higher la..

doors contact? i meant doors for our rooms leh..i saw in the other thread about nyatoh doors which located in sungei kadut but when asked for address, no replies leh..does anyone have any idea about that?

if i can get those $150++ door then it would be much more cheaper lor but of course veneer nicer :rofl:

try my ID already ??

i met someone who marketing doors recently ... still hunting for his namecard ...

can share wat's the diff between veneer & nyatoh doors?

my ID quoted me veneer but bf keeps saying nyatoh is good enuf for bedroom doors... :rofl:

try my ID already ??

i met someone who marketing doors recently ... still hunting for his namecard ...

haven try your ID la..if this ID =CMI after revised quote, then no choice liao..

hunt hunt hunt, if can find, please let me know hor!! thanks :drunk:

my ID quoted me veneer but bf keeps saying nyatoh is good enuf for bedroom doors... :notti:

ehhh..in layman terms:

veneer - smooth designer like doors

nyatoh - those 1 look you see is wooden doors painted with lacquare la

actually i think nyatoh door is good enough la but veneer looked more fashionable and stylist, chio chio armani leh :P

my current flat also nyatoh door, think you check 1st page for my pics to see if can see the doors or not...

pardon me for my lousy ang moh :rofl:

haven try your ID la..if this ID =CMI after revised quote, then no choice liao..

hunt hunt hunt, if can find, please let me know hor!! thanks :drunk:

ehhh..in layman terms:

veneer - smooth designer like doors

nyatoh - those 1 look you see is wooden doors painted with lacquare la

actually i think nyatoh door is good enough la but veneer looked more fashionable and stylist, chio chio armani leh :rofl:

my current flat also nyatoh door, think you check 1st page for my pics to see if can see the doors or not...

pardon me for my lousy ang moh :notti:

the room with your computer? saw a door at the side... that's nyatoh?

i tink i prefer veneer as i like smooth type... nyatoh can't have smooth surface instead of wat i see frm your pic?

Was quoted $480 per veneer dr...

the room with your computer? saw a door at the side... that's nyatoh?

i tink i prefer veneer as i like smooth type... nyatoh can't have smooth surface instead of wat i see frm your pic? Was quoted $480 per veneer dr...

ya ya thats the 1 but i think i got the nyatoh door at $160+ nia

$480 per veneer door? thats expensive leh, if come with door frame still ok la

i was quoted $320 for each veneer door c/w lockset WITHOUT door frame (if door frame maybe another $120-150)

want nice = spend $ lor :drunk:

i still pondering leh, also wanted to look chio chio but budget constraint, can save a little just save lor :notti:

ya ya thats the 1 but i think i got the nyatoh door at $160+ nia

$480 per veneer door? thats expensive leh, if come with door frame still ok la

i was quoted $320 for each veneer door c/w lockset WITHOUT door frame (if door frame maybe another $120-150)

want nice = spend $ lor :drunk:

i still pondering leh, also wanted to look chio chio but budget constraint, can save a little just save lor :notti:

mine will be using existing door frame...

i neva compare around so i didn't know it's expensive... have to bargain / negotiate w ID liao

mine will be using existing door frame...

i neva compare around so i didn't know it's expensive... have to bargain / negotiate w ID liao

oh need to compare la, if not duno whether you lugi or not leh :notti:

bargaining POWER :notti: all the best to you :notti:

Got my common bedroom doors from Yontat Doors.... $200 each. These are cheaper plastic finishings that is designed to look like veneer... but with only 4 designs to choose from. Our master bedroom veneer door is more expensive ($300+) as we got a soild (instead of hollow) door with better quality veneer finishing.... those that you can feel the texture, like real wood! You can see them in my t-blog. FYI.

Most, if not all, IDs sub-contract doors to door manufacturer.... with a mark up. Sometimes... very significant mark up. One ID quoted me $600 each for nyatoh doors... daylight robbery!! :notti:

So we just cut the ID out of the picture and told him we rather choose our own doors. A little more work... but can usually save money. When we were at Yontat, we also saw contractors coming in to order doors....they quoted them the same price!

No harm taking a look.

my ID quoted me veneer but bf keeps saying nyatoh is good enuf for bedroom doors... :notti:

Edited by Max383

Got my common bedroom doors from Yontat Doors.... $200 each. These are cheaper plastic finishings that is designed to look like veneer... but with only 4 designs to choose from. Our master bedroom veneer door is more expensive ($300+) as we got a soild (instead of hollow) door with better quality veneer finishing.... those that you can feel the texture, like real wood! You can see them in my t-blog. FYI.

Most, if not all, IDs sub-contract doors to door manufacturer.... with a mark up. Sometimes... very significant mark up. One ID quoted me $600 each for nyatoh doors... daylight robbery!! :notti:

So we just cut the ID out of the picture and told him we rather choose our own doors. A little more work... but can usually save money. When we were at Yontat, we also saw contractors coming in to order doors....they quoted them the same price!

No harm taking a look.

i tot veneer are more expensive compared to nyatoh?

ID quoted me $320 each NO FRAME, worth it or not? since the price rather similar from Yontat..

duno can find nyatoh door from industrial park or not...still hoping someone will post the sungei kadut address cos near to my house only

Dono about sungei kadut ... but remember... there are MANY types of veneer doors. Cheap ones with inferior outer layer can be cheap but you won't like the designs. Have your ID showed you the available designs and do you like them?

Don't just go with the price... if so, later if your ID show you very limited range to choose from, then you have to live with your selected choices. My advise... whether you like the designs provided by your ID or not.... go visit some door manufacturers like Yontat.... ask them questions about the materials and different types of doors.... whether using hollow doors or solid.... what kind of lock set they provide (I added $10 for a better lock set than the standard round ones).

I have went all the way to woodlands factories to hunt for doors.... and I find Yontat pretty competitive in pricing with decent range of designs. Surprisingly, the sales person at Yontat does not seem to bother whether we buy from them or not. They just present the range and prices, and answer whatever questions you have. They don't entertain bargaining cause they quote contractors the same price. They will explain to you why some doors are cheaper than others. They also have nyatoh doors and classic doors.

Doors form a big area within your flat... like a painting.... don't settle for designs that you don't like. It is worth putting in more effort to look at what is available out there. :notti:

ID quoted me $320 each NO FRAME, worth it or not? since the price rather similar from Yontat..

duno can find nyatoh door from industrial park or not...still hoping someone will post the sungei kadut address cos near to my house only

hihi look for Kelvin Ho 91097298 , he deals with doors .. hope he can help u ~