Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Monkey

Monkey's Home At Cck

Visited the lightshop with my ID sometimes back, this are some of the lights that we are interested in... Our considerations is for easy future maintenance more than design... :furious::jawdrop:

Apologise for the low resolution, it was taken using HP

MBR

(Fit our theme of Modern Classic but this is quite difficult to maintain)

001mbrdifficulttomaintaoi5.jpg

Desk Lamp (Like the way how it complement the ceiling light) ;)

011mbrdesklampsourceforbv5.jpg

Dining Area (Easy to maintain and We also like the effects of the light on the ceiling but we did not take any photos) :P

003diningroomzk7.jpg

Study Room

004studyroomcf6.jpg

010studyroomstandinglamdj8.jpg

Service Yard

008serviceyardsh4.jpg

:furious: :good:So cute the monkey!:(!! :(

hope everything will go well with the HDB and your ID... :)

Thanks wenniee... Keeping my fingers cross... They are halfway done on the kitchen already... Will post some pic soon. :D

Also hope yr renovation will be smooth from now on... :jawdrop::jawdrop::dunno:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Finally HDB sent their contractor to do up my kitchen. Below is my new kitchen and service yard...

Tiles are from Hafary...

Kitchen

Service Yard

I really like the modern look of my new kitchen... !! :~

Edited by Monkey

awwww i love the service yard wall :rofl: :rofl:

Hi Applefreak

I love the wall to but unfortunately the gaps in between get very dirty and difficult to maintain so after some considerations decided to seal it up. It's also pretty windy as well... Haiz :notti:

what a waste :unsure:

what's downstairs of that walls?

maybe can just spray water to clean the gaps occasionally? as long as downstairs is not used by pedestrians :P

what a waste :bangwall:

what's downstairs of that walls?

maybe can just spray water to clean the gaps occasionally? as long as downstairs is not used by pedestrians :notti:

That's what I thought also but we were concerned about our neighbours below. We were afraid the water will spill into their service yard. :jawdrop: However Downstairs is not much of a walkway. The only way we can do it is during rainy days if we wanted to. :jawdrop:

are you going for a dryer?

maybe you can direct the vent at the wall so the air will blow the dust away?

it just seem such a waste to cover up such a beautiful wall :wub: :wub:

are you going for a dryer?

maybe you can direct the vent at the wall so the air will blow the dust away?

it just seem such a waste to cover up such a beautiful wall :wub: :wub:

I am not going for the dryer as there is only 2 of us at the moment so the dryer built into the washing machine should be sufficient. Is there a vent on the washing machine with dryer? Not veri sure about that. :unsure::unsure:

Another consideration is whether the rain will come into the yard. But I guess unless the rain is heavy and strong wind that shouldn't be a prob.

You are making me having 2nd thoughts of covering up the wall... maybe discuss with my wife again... :)

hehehe, you say until like i very bad like that

but i really really like the wall very much :wub: :wub:

looks aside, it seems like the main source of light for your service yard is through that wall from your pix

maybe that's why hdb made 'holes' on that wall? :unsure:

Hi Monkey,

I love the wall too and think it would be a waste to seal or cover it up. If you ask me, just close one eye about the dust and occasionally do a bit of cleaning (feather duster?) ;) The wall is an interesting motif and like applefreak said, should help to provide light and ventilation too.

:lol: see so many people say not to seal it. Such design is hardly seen in new flats except older flats ba.

Wouldn't it be a pity to seal up what could be the last piece of design belonging to the older times?

:lol: see so many people say not to seal it. Such design is hardly seen in new flats except older flats ba.

Wouldn't it be a pity to seal up what could be the last piece of design belonging to the older times?

agree dun SEAL

why bother to waste the time n efforts n money when can be needed at other parts of your house ...

Wow so many people share the same sentiments as Applefreak, will give some serious thoughts to it and discuss with my wife, she is the one who wanted to seal it... :):)

I was wondering if there will be sufficient sunlight from the opening beside the motif wall... :unsure:

Thanks for all yr feedbacks and comments... :yamseng:

Finally Reno started and my hacking permit is also approve... Here are some pictures :):)

My BR3 is larger now as I get rid of the corridor :good:

My existing MBR door will be hacked away and sealed up. Access will be thru the new opening in the photo

My kitchen wall hack to pave way for an open concept dry kitchen

My 2 access to MBR and BR 2 / BR 3 (The 2 access size is uneven so have already told ID to do something about it

My access from MBR to BR 2(Study Room)

After hacking my living room is now brighter (Source from the kitchen) Really glad I made a decision to go for open concept kitchen... :notti:

Edited by Monkey