Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
strychnine

Stry & Meek's Projekt Residential

Part One : The One Where We Couldn’t Wait to Get the Keys to Open Up the Dang T-Blog

The long-awaited letter finally came and we are well on our way on getting the house !

Key collection date is set to be on 10th April -- just a day after our 3rd year engagement anniversary – how symbolic !

Meanwhile, we’ve already spoken to a few IDs, bought some funitures and planned our layout. Our heads are buzzing with ideas and we are practically bursting at the seams.

Wedding aside, this home renovating project is all we ever talk about anymore.

Anyways, heres the floorplan that we got from our first appointment.

floorplan.jpg

We’ve looked at the piece of paper so often that we’ve memorized every single detail down to the last bit. The original piece is practically tattered, until we decided to make multiple copies of it. Even enough to have them distributed around to reno consultants like flyers while we sit back and wait for all the quotations stream in !

Heres the 3D version that I google sketched-up

house3D4.jpg

Yeah I know. Its nothing much.

I drew the bookcase, got tired and just rendered it out anyway. Maybe I should just leave this job to the ID.

Design brief is simple. I’ve always love mid-century modern designs. That plus the combination of colour, kitsch and wood.

The Meek however loves the warm sophistication of dark sleek wood, piano gloss white laminates and lots of light.

So the conclusion ? Eclectic.

Due to budget constraints and the fact that we want it to be as hands-on as possible, we are putting our money on the important features – floor (all laminates), walls (bricks, white veneers and more wood) and plenty of bookcases to house our growing number of books and vintage cameras.

Excited much ?

Yeap ! But now we wait until the shiny new keys are in the palm of our hands. *laughs in glee*

Edited by strychnine

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
1st to spam :notti: welcome to renotalk

at least your 3D drawing looked better than mine..

envy you leh, got game room sumore :notti:

Thanks Babytan ! A fellow westerner ! :notti:

Its a pain trying to do the 3D drawing..did some and edited the rest in photoshop !

Cheating mah.. Haha..

You waiting for your keys too ?

hey hey welcome all !

thanks apple freak ..we're excited too :bleah:

our first batch of photos will definitely be up once we get the keys on thursday !

Hi Strychnine,

1st to congrat u for getting ur keys.. !!

Btw, some good news to share wif u, HDB release some YS flats not sold today in Bi-monthly exercise, price increase abt 20-30k.

Opening ur door straight away??? !!

L3x

Hi Strychnine,

1st to congrat u for getting ur keys.. :notti:

Btw, some good news to share wif u, HDB release some YS flats not sold today in Bi-monthly exercise, price increase abt 20-30k.

Opening ur door straight away??? :bleah:

L3x

Hey thanks !

Wow 20-30K ??! Yeah Ive heard rumours but didn't know they were true...

The door has already been opened ! Took pictures already liao...

Muahahaha...

Thanks JJCian :yamseng:!

Edited by strychnine

Hi Strychnine

Welcome to YS :notti:.

I tot i late to get keys last mth. U lagi late.

Pls check all tiles, doors, windows, I didn't check them carefully til last wkend. When renovator was there, he found all toilet floors very holey, cracked tiles, my kitchen hv 2 different color wall tiles, rusty window screws and door hinges, etc. Now hv to kiv reno til hdb fixed them :(

:rofl:

The One with All The Overdue Photos!

Finally, on 10th April 2008, the cold silver blades of the keys finally touched the palm of our hands ! Armed with our canon camera and a small penlight, we marched up to the building and cross the treshold to our new home !

Here are the photos :

The Hall

hall.jpg

The Balcony

balconyview.jpg

The View from the Balcony

balcony2.jpg

The Master Bedroom

masterbedroom.jpg

Kitchen & Toilet

kitchen.jpg

Bedroom 2

bedroom3.jpg

These are just white canvases for us to draw on !

Btw, we've already chosen our ID, Max from I-Deal House, after much rave reviews. We're pretty comfortable with the price quoted and feel that he's pretty easy-going guy and will be able to handle this project well. Hopefully, the design will be up to our taste and we get what we have been visualising in our heads !

Sunday, we'll be going to SBH to to select the tiles so... yeay!

Edited by strychnine

Hi Strychnine

Welcome to YS :yamseng:.

I tot i late to get keys last mth. U lagi late.

Pls check all tiles, doors, windows, I didn't check them carefully til last wkend. When renovator was there, he found all toilet floors very holey, cracked tiles, my kitchen hv 2 different color wall tiles, rusty window screws and door hinges, etc. Now hv to kiv reno til hdb fixed them :P

:furious:

Hey MRL,

Yeah the first two times we went down we thought everything looks OK. The 3rd time my fiance went down alone, he scrutinized everything and ultimately wrote a pretty long list of defects. :curse:

Now waiting for HDB to get back to us..