Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hapimint

5a Resale Flat Renovation

like what e other bro says, every little things counts & cost. before u know it, already exceeded your budget of $20k. Im in e ID line, judgin from e work that need to be done, it's really abit tight budget. Maybe u can consider doing up bit by bit instead of doing it all at a time, who knows u &your husband might have diff concepts along e process. Nevertheless, Congrats on your new home! :yamseng:

Thanks for the advice.... haiz.... we are trying to cut down on certain things so that it can fit into the budget.....

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hello! White with faint green as design is a bit of a challenge. My kitchen tiles are all seagreen... Original colour is supposed to be light greyish blue tile but end up HDB ran out of stock for the colour. So I didn't quite like the colour then when we first got our keys to our place :( But we reckoned since white is a 'universal' colour just like black colour, easy to match with just anything. So we got white kitchen cabinets with black solid surface. Even fridge & washing machine are in white colour too. Now the green colour is not that glaring 'cos of the white combi.

So you can consider using a neutral colour like white to blend in, for bold colours, have to see what your tile really looks like. Can show pics of the tiles?

HiHi,

I am terrible with colours and so if tiles are ceramics, white with faint green as design, what colours go well with it?

Edited by BunBun

hihi bun bun,

I am such a blur queen..... actually my tiles are white with grey... haha... so blur sia....

I at first thought it was green... only when i went to take a 2nd look yesterday then realised it is white with grey.... Wondering if i do bright red kitchen cabinets, look good?

Is also okay too. =) Grey is not that bad, just adds a little bit of ethnic touch to a chili red kitchen. :notti:

hihi bun bun,

I am such a blur queen..... actually my tiles are white with grey... haha... so blur sia....

I at first thought it was green... only when i went to take a 2nd look yesterday then realised it is white with grey.... Wondering if i do bright red kitchen cabinets, look good?

Just remember that if some of the things are beyond your budget, just cut to the minimum since you can do up your place slowly. You got time on your side, so no rush to do everything together also. As long as those that have more piority like the kitchen or whatever needs to be done or fixed, Just do the major works first. the least minor works can be done slowly. This means you can save more money for the rest that can be done slowly & you won't exceed your budget for the major works instead.

haha.... now got better idea on what to do for renovation le..... hope that it wont be too expensive

Hello... here is my floor plan...

floorplan.jpg

TIA for all the help!

Oh my god! We have a almost similar floor plan! Mmmm is it at Northern part of S'pore?

Was wondering maybe we are neighbour....

today went to an ID... he told me that red looks nice but not lasting to the owners of the house after some time... best to go for light cool colours... better for eyes... and alot of things, he advised not to do.... haha...

Save money lor... haha

advice needed....

I finally shortlisted an ID that my husband is quite happy with....

Quote is

Project Management

Design Conceptualization, Space Planning, Colour Scheme and Materials Proposal for the Whole House, Site Inspection and Whole House Cleaning Free

Kitchen

To supply labour and materials to lay imported homogenous wall tiles exclude border and decor tiles (tiles @ $3.00 & below) 1650

Lay imported homogenous floor tiles c/w waterproofing membrane treatment (tiles @ $3.00 & below) 850

Construct 2" thick cement mortar base for fridge clad with tiles 160

Construct 2" thick cement mortat base for kitchen cabinet clad with vertical tiles 200

Construct sink support using approved 63mm hollow block 650

Install 1 no. of stainless steel flat rubbish chute at yard area 200

To supply labour and materials to construct 27.5ft designed top & bottom kitchen cabinet c/w sets of drawer, designed handle, stainless steel dish rack, "BLUM" motion system for all doors, PVC hard edging, cutlery tray and shelving using solid plywood with selected laminated finishing 2915

To supply labour and materials to install 14.5ft selected solid surface material kitchen counter top c/w front profile and backspliash (include side panel facing existing kitchen toilet facing existing kitchen toilet entrance) c/w 10 years warranty against manufacturer's defects 1015

To supply labour and materials to install 10.5ft 6mm thick coloured tempered glass backing between top & bottom kitchen cabinet 480

Install 1 no of 3ft x 7ft 10mm thick tempered clear glass casement goor at kitchen entrance c/e 1ft fixed panel glass and standard lockset 680

To supply labour and materials to install 1 no of kitchen sink and tap c/w drainage system (labour only) 120

Change existing water pipes to stainless steel piping 180

Living Room

To supply labour and materials to change existing main door to new solid nyatoh main door (non-fire rated) c/w standard lockset and varnishing 550

Change 4 nos of bedroom door lockset 120

To supply labour and materials to install simple cornices ****/dining area 350

To supply labour and materials to plaster living/dining ceiling 480

Master bedroom

To supply labour and materials to construct 14.5ft designed open concept walk-in wardrobe using solid plywood with chemical veneer finishing 2680

Construct 3ft x 7ft designed wooden sliding door (2 panel) at proposed walk-in wardrobe entrance using solid plywood with selected laminate finishing 1180

To supply labour and materials to construct partition false wall for proposed walk-in wardrobe area 450

Master Bathroom

To supply labour and materials to lay imported homogenous wall tiles exclude border and decor tiles (tiles @ $3.00 & below) 1800

Lay imported homogenous floor tiles c/w waterproofing membrane treatment (tiles @ $3.00 & below) 450

To supply labour and materials to construct 2.5ft L-shaped underneath vanity cabinet c/w wall to wall mirror using solid plywood with selected laminate finishing 400

To supply labour and materials to install 1 no of 10mm thick tempered frameless clear glass shower screen c/w standard lockset 450

To supply labour and materials to install 2.5ft vanity counter top c/w 10 years warranty against manufacturer's defects 180

To supply labour and materials to create new floor trap FOC

Labour to install 1 no of toilet bowl 110

labour to install 1 no of washbasin and tap 100

change existing water pipes to stainless steel piping 180

labour ro install 1 no of shower mixer tap 50

labour to install toilet accessories FOC

supply and install 1 no of instant heater c/e heater wire 220

To supply labour and materials to install 1 no of aluminum anodised bi-fold door c/w acrylic panel at master bathroom entrance (bronze or silver) 250

Kitchen toilet

To supply labour and materials to lay imported homogenous wall tiles exclude border and decor tiles (tiles @ $3.00 & below) 1800

lay imported homogenous floor tiles c/w homogenous floor tiles c/w waterproofing membrane treatment (tiles @$3.00 & below) 450

To supply labour and materials to install 1 no of aluminum anodised bi-fold door c/w acrtlic panel at common bathroom entrance 250

To supply labour and materials to hack, dismantle and clear the existing rubbish chute, wash basin and toilet bowl at both bathroom, door, window between kitchen and yard area, 2 nos of roman pillar **** room, fan, light in bedrooms and living/dining room, sink & stove support, kitchen cabinet and bases, 2 bathroom wall and floor tiles, kitchen wall (does not include kitchen cabinet area) and floor tiles and existing cornices for living/ dining area 1600

To supply labour and materials to apply HDB permit FOC

Lay corrugated paper protection during renovation period FOC

Acid wash and general cleaning upon completion FOC

Haulage, provide sand and hoisting of materials to site 580

Installation of hood,hob & oven FOC

total After discount- 22550.00

advice needed....

I finally shortlisted an ID that my husband is quite happy with....

Quote is

Project Management

Design Conceptualization, Space Planning, Colour Scheme and Materials Proposal for the Whole House, Site Inspection and Whole House Cleaning Free

Kitchen

To supply labour and materials to lay imported homogenous wall tiles exclude border and decor tiles (tiles @ $3.00 & below) 1650

Lay imported homogenous floor tiles c/w waterproofing membrane treatment (tiles @ $3.00 & below) 850

Construct 2" thick cement mortar base for fridge clad with tiles 160

Construct 2" thick cement mortat base for kitchen cabinet clad with vertical tiles 200

Construct sink support using approved 63mm hollow block 650

Install 1 no. of stainless steel flat rubbish chute at yard area 200

To supply labour and materials to construct 27.5ft designed top & bottom kitchen cabinet c/w sets of drawer, designed handle, stainless steel dish rack, "BLUM" motion system for all doors, PVC hard edging, cutlery tray and shelving using solid plywood with selected laminated finishing 2915

To supply labour and materials to install 14.5ft selected solid surface material kitchen counter top c/w front profile and backspliash (include side panel facing existing kitchen toilet facing existing kitchen toilet entrance) c/w 10 years warranty against manufacturer's defects 1015

To supply labour and materials to install 10.5ft 6mm thick coloured tempered glass backing between top & bottom kitchen cabinet 480

Install 1 no of 3ft x 7ft 10mm thick tempered clear glass casement goor at kitchen entrance c/e 1ft fixed panel glass and standard lockset 680

To supply labour and materials to install 1 no of kitchen sink and tap c/w drainage system (labour only) 120

Change existing water pipes to stainless steel piping 180

Living Room

To supply labour and materials to change existing main door to new solid nyatoh main door (non-fire rated) c/w standard lockset and varnishing 550

Change 4 nos of bedroom door lockset 120

To supply labour and materials to install simple cornices ****/dining area 350

To supply labour and materials to plaster living/dining ceiling 480

Master bedroom

To supply labour and materials to construct 14.5ft designed open concept walk-in wardrobe using solid plywood with chemical veneer finishing 2680

Construct 3ft x 7ft designed wooden sliding door (2 panel) at proposed walk-in wardrobe entrance using solid plywood with selected laminate finishing 1180

To supply labour and materials to construct partition false wall for proposed walk-in wardrobe area 450

Master Bathroom

Lay imported homogenous floor tiles c/w waterproofing membrane treatment (tiles @ $3.00 & below) 450

To supply labour and materials to construct 2.5ft L-shaped underneath vanity cabinet c/w wall to wall mirror using solid plywood with selected laminate finishing 400

To supply labour and materials to install 1 no of 10mm thick tempered frameless clear glass shower screen c/w standard lockset 450

To supply labour and materials to install 2.5ft vanity counter top c/w 10 years warranty against manufacturer's defects 180

To supply labour and materials to install 1 no of aluminum anodised bi-fold door c/w acrylic panel at master bathroom entrance (bronze or silver) 250

Kitchen toilet

lay imported homogenous floor tiles c/w homogenous floor tiles c/w waterproofing membrane treatment (tiles @$3.00 & below) 450

To supply labour and materials to install 1 no of aluminum anodised bi-fold door c/w acrtlic panel at common bathroom entrance 250

To supply labour and materials to hack, dismantle and clear the existing rubbish chute, wash basin and toilet bowl at both bathroom, door, window between kitchen and yard area, 2 nos of roman pillar **** room, fan, light in bedrooms and living/dining room, sink & stove support, kitchen cabinet and bases, 2 bathroom wall and floor tiles, kitchen wall (does not include kitchen cabinet area) and floor tiles and existing cornices for living/ dining area 1600

To supply labour and materials to apply HDB permit FOC

Lay corrugated paper protection during renovation period FOC

Acid wash and general cleaning upon completion FOC

Haulage, provide sand and hoisting of materials to site 580

Installation of hood,hob & oven FOC

total After discount- 22550.00

Your quote sounds reasonable! dun mind to expose ur ID coy? hejejjeje