Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

Hi all, good to hear so much activity around here. I'm happy to get a 5 rm at 219C. Currently we are also busy with getting up the new house, ID/Contractor, bathroom accesories, mattress, furniture etc.

I am quite undecided with wat mattress to buy also. Have checked out:

Simmons - price quite high above 3k

Serta - price reasonable, have thick mattress and comfortable

Sealy - nothing fantastic and price high

KingKoil - have this visco elastic range similiar to tempur ~2500 quite comfortable.

As for ID still looking around.

Intradesign Angeline - await quotation

Weiken Lisa - friendly and patient. Will look at her design in 1 week's time

Darwin - big showflat, wide range of materials

***** - not much impression

I am quite on for going for bulk purchase for LCD TV, sure can get good discount for 3 or more sets. Sony 37 inch anyone?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

We also received the letter which informed us to collect the keys on the 20th of May. I really feel everything is too fast so my bf and I decided to postpone the appointment. We will collect it on mid-june......

Wow, a lot of pple living Blk 220B!!!! Hi all!!!!! Who has the unit 46? Do you plan to knock down any walls?

Edited by 2BeMe

Hi,

We also received the letter which informed us to collect the keys on the 20th of May. I really feel everything is too fast so my bf and I decided to postpone the appointment. We will collect it on mid-june......

Wow, a lot of pple living Blk 220B!!!! Hi all!!!!! Who has the unit 46? Do you plan to knock down any walls?

Hi congrat 2BeMe..

So it 2nd appt or really collection of key cum 2nd appt? That FAST!

Can delay how long huh?

2BeMe - you 87sqm? right? Me also intend to hack abit of wall. The wall infront of the MBR toilet to creat a bit more space of WIW to the other room. So the other room will become smaller.

Maybe we all should meet up sometime to exchange ideas. Can anyone org? i am poor in this, man.

Actually i hope to take key end of this year leh. Can or not?

Then renovation finished before 2Q next year. 2Q-3Q 09 - ROM.

Now i am no money chap.

Bulk buy good idea - but i eyeing plasma TV. now budget drop till 32inch LG plasma already. Actually if you guys measure the sofa to TV console - It about 2-3M. i dun know whether 42inch will be TOO big :).

Hi,

Yup it is 2nd appointment as well as collecting the keys. As long as you do not receive the letter I think you should be safe.

I am not sure about the collection of keys as in how long can we delay. I need to call/emaill them and asked. Will get back to you guys once I have the answer. But the 2nd appointment has to sign by mid July or else everything will be foreited.

Yup, I am thinking about knocking off that wall too.... but I am still open to ideas so see what the ID recommend......

Hi,

Yup it is 2nd appointment as well as collecting the keys. As long as you do not receive the letter I think you should be safe.

I am not sure about the collection of keys as in how long can we delay. I need to call/emaill them and asked. Will get back to you guys once I have the answer. But the 2nd appointment has to sign by mid July or else everything will be foreited.

Yup, I am thinking about knocking off that wall too.... but I am still open to ideas so see what the ID recommend......

Oh.. so you happy to take key so early? Anyway try to ask them more qns. You also intend to delay till when? Cos i havent even ROM leh.

Ya lo. I only plan to hack that particular wall. But 20K can do so much? haha...

219A

219B - sidney93, jeaniebaby

219C - big orange, LimeGreen, snowman, Bubbly

219D

220A - hihihi

220B - 2BeMe, nuggets, raayn, effie, mocchi, yokoyoko

220C - seraphinee

221A

221B - sheppy

221C - tfujiwara8

hi.

BTW.. anyone know what TV they buying?

I am aiming this particular LG plasma 32inch - around $799.

Cheap and good!

:)

Any comments?

sigh

No comments, personally am eyeing the Samsung range but no particular model in mind yet, though will prob go for LCD.

hi.

BTW.. anyone know what TV they buying?

I am aiming this particular LG plasma 32inch - around $799.

Cheap and good!

:)

Any comments?

sigh

Hi Orange,

Plasma TV has better image quality(clearer) den LCD but

Higher heat distribution, Higher power consumption and short life span(usually cos of the technology is diff)

but if u are more comfortable with it.. just go ahead! :)

considering the 42inches Samsung plasma TV. around 2k+? Isit too big for our living room? :dunno: advises pls!

we just filed for our rom yest! will be in july, hope in time for keys collection! :dancingqueen: anyone else rom-ing??

btw, for quotations, what should we look out for? for example, hidden costs? W/o viewing the house itself, how do you take note of things such as beams?

Hi Big Orange,

As promised, i helped you to ask abt the ROM cert. On the next appt, we will be signing the lease and taking keys and have to produce the ROM cert. The officer say can defer, but must be in writting to the HDB Branch office (not the HDB hub). Must also accompany invoice etc as supportative documents. Then can defer how long depends on case by case basis.

Me gotten by Queenstown flat! Any good ID to share? Ideas share???

Hi Orange,

Plasma TV has better image quality(clearer) den LCD but

Higher heat distribution, Higher power consumption and short life span(usually cos of the technology is diff)

but if u are more comfortable with it.. just go ahead! :)

Totally agree with yokoyoko. That's why I ended up with LCD :P

considering the 42inches Samsung plasma TV. around 2k+? Isit too big for our living room? :dunno: advises pls!

we just filed for our rom yest! will be in july, hope in time for keys collection! :dancingqueen: anyone else rom-ing??

btw, for quotations, what should we look out for? for example, hidden costs? W/o viewing the house itself, how do you take note of things such as beams?

Depends on whether you are taking the 4-room or 5-room flat. My dad, who took the 4-room, had a 40-inch Samsung LCD and I find it just the right size cos the distance bet the sofa and the TV quite short.

For quotation, hidden cost that you are to look out for are typically:-

1) Electrical Wiring

2) What is hinge system are they providing for kitchen cabinets? Will be good if they can provide Blum system or any kind of anti-slam system that they get in-house.

3) Chemical Washing must be included in the quotation

4) Arrangement for PUB gas pipe installation must be included

I think these are the things that I can think of right now. Will add more if I find anything missing tonight when I get home to read my quote.

Also remember to always ask your ID if you can go visit one of the house that they have done up so that you can see the workmanship.

any good model and cheap deals to recommend? :deal:

Not really as I haven't been keeping a close watch on this for a few months now. But general feeling for me is that Samsung is normally cheaper and have good exterior looks.

yes, me me!!

ROM-ming 8 Aug 08!

july keys collection?

:dribble:

Price range for serta is from 2000 to 5000. I think they are the cheapest as compared to Simmons and Sealy since they are the youngest in the Singapore mattress industry.

Got these information from Singapore Brides, maybe you will find it helpful:

For simmons they r renowned for the support for their original pocketed coil technolgy .Simmons is the first that bring in individual pocketed coil decades ago it is the orginal only orginal pocketed coil are pre-compressed. I know u all dont understand. For example when we pre-compresses a coil from a 7 inches(Simmons have the highest coil height in the market) to a stardard height simmons set, the coil actually will be insisting on getting up so we slp on the mattress we can feel the support.Imported from USA,Japn,Korea,Canada,OEM malaysia,OEM China n OEM Thailand

Sealy entered Singapore market not very long Sealy are renowned for their Posturepedic coil we call it open coil all the coils are fully connected with wire.Posturepedic coil have sensory arm n triple off set it is said to be able to adjust to the correct alignment for our body.Sealy mattresses are mostly very comfortable.Sealy is the world's best selling mattress. Total Sales figures (world no. 1) Sealy + its two other sub companies.Sealy also have very wide price range(cheap to very expensive)as compared to Serta n Simmons.Most range Asemble in Thailand.Only some Unicase(expensive) from USA

Serta is the youngest in Singapore mattress industry compare with the other 2.Serta is renowned for its mira coil technology is also name open coil fully connected with wire among the coil, n their comfort level for mattress.If serta says it is no.2 no one dare to compete with it for comfort level.But Serta these recent years did come out with their pocketed coil series for their mattresses.Serta did also won the title (We make the world's best mattress).Most range asembled in indonesia. practise OEM(original equipment manuafacturing).Some from USA.

Well If u wanted support higher can go for Simmons,if u wanted Comfort level higher go for Sealy or Serta open coil are used to make soft n comfortable mattresses.If you want support n no motion transfer between u n ur partner can go for Individual pocketed coil.If u only more concern about enjoying of comfort level 3 minutes before u slp u can go for open-coil Sealy or Serta.Only Simmons USA range can be compatible to Sealy n Serta for the comfort level.If u r more concern about the 8 hrs of sleep u will need good support u can go for Simmons.Choose a mattress according to what your needs.Hope it will help u to choose a mattress wisely

bros n sis,

I walked to Century Sq yday to enjoy some free 'aircon' haha.

Walked into Seahorse shop. NEVER! buy that mattress..

so blardy hard lo!

Oh yes, should we wait for GSS or post GSS sale?