Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

What my dad did with the ventilation metal plate in the living room is to push it all the way in and the contractor of my dad actually use a plank to cover it up and paint it the same colour as the wall. In this way, it is totally concealed.

Most residents would relegate the bomb shelter to be used as a store room for storage of all the leftover paints, tools & whatever that we don't wish to see around daily. Thus sealing the metal plate into its closed position may not do good for the room in the long run - still air actually aids the production of fumes & bad smells. I think the optimal solution to this issue is seal in the metal plate but circulate the air in the bomb shelter regularly. Yes, it's more work but hey aesthetics does not come without labour.

Talking about paints: Which is better in terms of costs, durability & ability to cover cracks: ICI or Nippon?

Edited by DSA

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Most residents would relegate the bomb shelter to be used as a store room for storage of all the leftover paints, tools & whatever that we don't wish to see around daily. Thus sealing the metal plate into its closed position may not do good for the room in the long run - still air actually aids the production of fumes & bad smells.

I see....so I guess for me, to put a clock to cover it might be the best choice. :D

I see....so I guess for me, to put a clock to cover it might be the best choice. :D

Maybe draw a sun? haha...

Hi.

Any Jan balloting ppl here who got their approval for HLE & AHG already? i check thru my hdb page, but seem haven't approved. Is it normal?

Cos Be2me already got the notice...

TIA

Hey guys,

I just came back from HDB yesterday, got good news to share with u guys!!!

According to the officer, when we select our flat, as long as (when selecting) there is no indication that keys are available, we can actually submit our ROM cert to them by 2010!!!!! *clap clap clap* :yamseng:

THere is a clause on the lease contract, i'll try to type out the clause for u all to see if i get home early tonight!

Also, this time we went down to pay the downpayment of 5%, means we may not get the keys in 3 mths, if we are able to get the keys in 3 mths then they probably wont call us now to sign the lease and pay the 5% (according to the officer serving us), cos the lease processing time will take around 3 mths. so she says we'll prob get the keys later than 3 mths. for those whose keys are already available, then HDB will process straight for collecting the 10% and release the keys at the same time.

and our 99 yrs lease will start in 2010 instead of 2008!!!! :yamseng:

Upon collection of the keys, need to be paying :

1) Home protection (yearly payment, something like insurance for the house)

2) 2 mths of instalments

3) balance legal fees

Hope i didnt miss out any info...if i remember anything else i'll post again...hehe

Just visited the HDB website and saw that I am collecting keys on 3rd Jun.

heheh.. pai seh.. is there any link to check when can get key? cannot find at HDB site leh.. :dunno:

Thanks... :)

heheh.. pai seh.. is there any link to check when can get key? cannot find at HDB site leh.. :dunno:

Thanks... :)

Yeah, you can make use of the e-service in the website by selecting My HBD Page (Login using SPINS/Singpass)

Yeah, you can make use of the e-service in the website by selecting My HBD Page (Login using SPINS/Singpass)

mine still states "in due course" urghz!!! i wondering when can I get mine... i don't want to collect it during the lunar 7th month...even my HLE is still not approved :bangwall:

Bubbly, your blk is just beside mine right? so by right, i should be collecting my keys by end june latest?? can i say that? or SERs ppl collect 1st? :dunno:

Bubbly - u also 219C. ME also. Oh.. so fast get the key huh? OMG.... No money leh.

Sheppy - Thanks for the head up. It very helpful to me. So i got ample time to prepare my big day. You at 221B, your flat should be the last 2nd one to completed. Last one should be 221A. Guess you be getting your key later. By the way, why is it the needs to pay 2 month installment? Anywhere i can find this?

Not here -> http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10201p.nsf/WP...Menu=Procedures

tfujiwara8 - You are not alone again. I here. I also waiting.. but since i already booked. I rest a stone in heart. The longer is better for me too.

Thanks all.

Edited by big orange

Bubbly - u also 219C. ME also. Oh.. so fast get the key huh? OMG.... No money leh.

Sheppy - Thanks for the head up. It very helpful to me. So i got ample time to prepare my big day. You at 221B, your flat should be the last 2nd one to completed. Last one should be 221A. Guess you be getting your key later. By the way, why is it the needs to pay 2 month installment? Anywhere i can find this?

tfujiwara8 - You are not alone again. I here. I also waiting.. but since i already booked. I rest a stone in heart. The longer is better for me too.

Thanks all.

for the 2 mths instalment part, we asked the officer abt it. she told us for our case when we collect the keys, they'll straight away collect the 1st mth instalment, and the practise is taht they collect another month of instalment too (2 mths).

Hi congrat 2BeMe..

So it 2nd appt or really collection of key cum 2nd appt? That FAST!

Can delay how long huh?

2BeMe - you 87sqm? right? Me also intend to hack abit of wall. The wall infront of the MBR toilet to creat a bit more space of WIW to the other room. So the other room will become smaller.

Maybe we all should meet up sometime to exchange ideas. Can anyone org? i am poor in this, man.

Actually i hope to take key end of this year leh. Can or not?

Then renovation finished before 2Q next year. 2Q-3Q 09 - ROM.

Now i am no money chap.

Bulk buy good idea - but i eyeing plasma TV. now budget drop till 32inch LG plasma already. Actually if you guys measure the sofa to TV console - It about 2-3M. i dun know whether 42inch will be TOO big :).

Orange,

I think ur idea of meeting up is good, we can all share ideas and quotations, and maybe even go for bulk purchases.

For a start maybe can get to know each other first? haha

its time to start getting to know our neighbourhood!

Maybe we can start with getting to know one another by names rather than forum usernames?

Orange,

I think ur idea of meeting up is good, we can all share ideas and quotations, and maybe even go for bulk purchases.

For a start maybe can get to know each other first? haha

its time to start getting to know our neighbourhood!

Maybe we can start with getting to know one another by names rather than forum usernames?

lol i think i will get so confused. like i have to remember, actual name= forum name.. then must remember which block somemore.. too luan! :o

lol i think i will get so confused. like i have to remember, actual name= forum name.. then must remember which block somemore.. too luan! :o

just arrange meet up 1st, then we exchange contact/name/nick card. haha..

It going to be fun knowing neighbour! :)

for the 2 mths instalment part, we asked the officer abt it. she told us for our case when we collect the keys, they'll straight away collect the 1st mth instalment, and the practise is taht they collect another month of instalment too (2 mths).

OIC.. this make sense.. i need to buffer this too.

just arrange meet up 1st, then we exchange contact/name/nick card. haha..

It going to be fun knowing neighbour! :)

OIC.. this make sense.. i need to buffer this too.

its fun but difficult to coordinate! hehe...who offers to be the organizer? maybe we can meet up at the new house there?

Edited by tfujiwara8