Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

Yup, family gang :P It is actually through him that I know that there is an enbloc going on and I quickly move ahead to buy one of the units there to enjoy the benefits as well. :D

My ID is IntraDesign (their office is right opposite our new house). Estimated quote that I have got from them is $25K. This includes:-

1) Feature Wall in Living Room

2) Kitchen Cabinets (With blum system for all the drawers and their very own anti-slam system for the cupboards)

3) A walk-in wardrobe in master bedroom

4) Console and side table for master bedroom

5) All window grills plus window in service yard

6) False Ceiling or L-Box in living room and master bed room

7) Laminated surface for all the window ledge

8) Painting (unlimited colour)

9) Chemical Washing

10) Base for Fridge and Washing Machine

11) Shoe Cabinet and also a feature wall to conceal the bomb shelter

However, they did not include the cost for re-wiring and all the additional electrical point cos haven't got the key and hard to estimate the cost now.

By the way, when you got the house, do you have the option of having HDB to do the flooring and the rooms doors for you? I chose to let them do it and kind of regret cos the ceremic flooring does not look very nice to me (I prefer homogenious tiles) and the timber door is kind of boring looking.

No.. i got no option at all!! i neber seen it anyway.. so its ok.. :)

Intradesign? i shortlisted through the forum here also.. price on the higher according to the posts but so far all positive comments.. thats the most impt part!!

Yr dad hse oso by them? hws the workmanship, attitudes and etc? :dunno:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
No.. i got no option at all!! i neber seen it anyway.. so its ok.. :)

Intradesign? i shortlisted through the forum here also.. price on the higher according to the posts but so far all positive comments.. thats the most impt part!!

Yr dad hse oso by them? hws the workmanship, attitudes and etc? :dunno:

No, my dad house is done by his own friend who happen to be a contractor at Meng Design. As what I have mention earlier, workmanship so so only. They also don't get to see any 3-D drawing prior to start work. I am a very unsecure person, thus must see drawings before start work. Will live in my new home for a long time, so, don't want to take any chance.

Back to Intra, my designer is Angeline. At first, she gave me the impression that she is very impatient. However, as we talk longer, realise that she is just fast cos she really knows her job well and she is extremely busy cos almost all jobs goes to her and her boss (the two highly recommended one).

As for the workmanship, they have a factory in Malaysia to do all the carpentry and is not outsourced thus easier for quality control. I have a friend who had her house done up by them, can say workmanship is really good.

Factors that made me sign with them:-

1) ID is very experienced

2) Workmanship is good

3) Mostly good comments from the threads that I have read here

4) Office near our house, so easy for me to look for them and also for them to monitor my house

However, the down side is that they do not come cheap but I'm sure it will be worth it. :)

Erm.. 25K w/o flooring and electrical wiring.. thats quite exp come to think of it now.. :unsure:

Orange, think we can do a simple one.. :notti:

So by this year we should be able to move in? wat u guys/ladies think?

219A

219B

219C - big orange, LimeGreen, snowman, Bubbly

219D

220A - hihihi

220B - 2BeMe, nuggets, raayn, effie, mocchi, yokoyoko

220C - seraphinee

221A

221B - sheppy

221C - tfujiwara8

Hello all, I am from Blk220A. Enbloc from Bedok South. I would say the design of Linear Green is very good. All very square, bomb shelter is well thought of for 4rm, facing the kitchen.

Heard that 5rm the bomb shelter is facing the living rm, and kitchen is U-shaped... hmm... luckily didn't choose 5rm.

Erm.. 25K w/o flooring and electrical wiring.. thats quite exp come to think of it now.. :unsure:

Yeah, hopefully it is going to be worth it for me :)

My advice would be to not close doors on any IDs, just tell them your budget for reno (always mark down your budget by 20% as I can assure you, most IDs will give you quotes without electrical wirings and this 20% will be a buffer for you). What me and my wife did was to go around about 10 IDs giving them our floor plan and budgets and we chose the one that we feel most comfortable and affordable with.

219A

219B

219D

220A - hihihi

220C - seraphinee

221A

221B - sheppy

221C - tfujiwara8

Hello all, I am from Blk220A. Enbloc from Bedok South. I would say the design of Linear Green is very good. All very square, bomb shelter is well thought of for 4rm, facing the kitchen.

Heard that 5rm the bomb shelter is facing the living rm, and kitchen is U-shaped... hmm... luckily didn't choose 5rm.

Hi hihihi,

Is your renovation completed since you are the first to the keys???

I have got a 5-room. My bomb shelter is facing the living room but I will be putting a feature wall to conceal the openings. Hope it is not that bad after all. :D

True, I am also waiting for GSS to buy my dryer, washing machine and most importantly my bed.

For TV, I have already bought it in Feb during a promotion with Harvey Norman where they sell a 40 Inch Full HD Samsung LCD + 32 Inch HD Ready Samsung LCD for $2,999.

For Bed, I am actually eyeing Serta Missouri (King-Size) but the price seems fixed at abt $3,200 and has not moved since beginning of this year. Hope GSS will bring some discounts to it.

hahah.. lai lai...buy ...buy...

:notti:

when is GSS ah or IT fair...i oso nid to shortlist washer/fridge and sink(i think) hahaha..

future hubster want bathtub lei...

Yup....I bought a cheaper one from Dunlopillow for my current house 3 years back and both me and my wife have bad experience of backache. :furious: Even my in-laws who bought the mattress together with us had the bad experience. Thus, this time round, I am investing in a slightly better one. Started off research around the bed among the top 3 (Simmons, Sealy and Serta) and both me and my wife found the Serta one very comfortable to sleep in.

For ID, agree that this is the biggest headache and I am glad mine is over. :)

hey Bubbly,

i was considering serta too, looking out for their warehouse sales or GSS.

do you know the price range? i dont mind paying more for gd quality sleep.,but scare the future hubster faint liao if i wanna buy more than 3k mattress.

hopefully, renotalking has made me so super excited liao!!

wanna dream in my own palace..hahah

hahah.. lai lai...buy ...buy...

:notti:

when is GSS ah or IT fair...i oso nid to shortlist washer/fridge and sink(i think) hahaha..

future hubster want bathtub lei...

hey Bubbly,

i was considering serta too, looking out for their warehouse sales or GSS.

do you know the price range? i dont mind paying more for gd quality sleep.,but scare the future hubster faint liao if i wanna buy more than 3k mattress.

Price range for serta is from 2000 to 5000. I think they are the cheapest as compared to Simmons and Sealy since they are the youngest in the Singapore mattress industry.

Got these information from Singapore Brides, maybe you will find it helpful:

For simmons they r renowned for the support for their original pocketed coil technolgy .Simmons is the first that bring in individual pocketed coil decades ago it is the orginal only orginal pocketed coil are pre-compressed. I know u all dont understand. For example when we pre-compresses a coil from a 7 inches(Simmons have the highest coil height in the market) to a stardard height simmons set, the coil actually will be insisting on getting up so we slp on the mattress we can feel the support.Imported from USA,Japn,Korea,Canada,OEM malaysia,OEM China n OEM Thailand

Sealy entered Singapore market not very long Sealy are renowned for their Posturepedic coil we call it open coil all the coils are fully connected with wire.Posturepedic coil have sensory arm n triple off set it is said to be able to adjust to the correct alignment for our body.Sealy mattresses are mostly very comfortable.Sealy is the world's best selling mattress. Total Sales figures (world no. 1) Sealy + its two other sub companies.Sealy also have very wide price range(cheap to very expensive)as compared to Serta n Simmons.Most range Asemble in Thailand.Only some Unicase(expensive) from USA

Serta is the youngest in Singapore mattress industry compare with the other 2.Serta is renowned for its mira coil technology is also name open coil fully connected with wire among the coil, n their comfort level for mattress.If serta says it is no.2 no one dare to compete with it for comfort level.But Serta these recent years did come out with their pocketed coil series for their mattresses.Serta did also won the title (We make the world's best mattress).Most range asembled in indonesia. practise OEM(original equipment manuafacturing).Some from USA.

Well If u wanted support higher can go for Simmons,if u wanted Comfort level higher go for Sealy or Serta open coil are used to make soft n comfortable mattresses.If you want support n no motion transfer between u n ur partner can go for Individual pocketed coil.If u only more concern about enjoying of comfort level 3 minutes before u slp u can go for open-coil Sealy or Serta.Only Simmons USA range can be compatible to Sealy n Serta for the comfort level.If u r more concern about the 8 hrs of sleep u will need good support u can go for Simmons.Choose a mattress according to what your needs.Hope it will help u to choose a mattress wisely

Hi hihihi,

Is your renovation completed since you are the first to the keys???

I have got a 5-room. My bomb shelter is facing the living room but I will be putting a feature wall to conceal the openings. Hope it is not that bad after all. :D

no yet start actually. Was delayed for few mths, searching for contractor, also I was overseas...

219A

219B - sidney93

219D

220A - hihihi

220C - seraphinee

221A

221B - sheppy

221C - tfujiwara8

hey guys/girls!

omg i think i'm the most un-prepared one here.. all along my bf and i thought we will move in in 2010 (cos the stupid hdb website said so), so we planned everything for 2010.

and now they said the keys will be ready in 3-4 mths time, and for the cpf grant, we need to produce our ROM cert to get the keys! so things are quite rushed now. we havent decided when to ROM yet. need to check with HDB how long to defer.

haven't even thought abt ID/contractor yet! :dunno:

but still, very excited to have a love nest with my bf :)

hello everybody!!

Now we have 15 members. Oh... some bought their LCD already!!! if not, we can bulk purchase!!! 15 LCDs!! we can fetch a good price, i guess..

:)

Yup....I bought a cheaper one from Dunlopillow for my current house 3 years back and both me and my wife have bad experience of backache. :furious: Even my in-laws who bought the mattress together with us had the bad experience. Thus, this time round, I am investing in a slightly better one. Started off research around the bed among the top 3 (Simmons, Sealy and Serta) and both me and my wife found the Serta one very comfortable to sleep in.

For ID, agree that this is the biggest headache and I am glad mine is over. :)

Went yesterday again to observe the west sun.

It seem that most rooms facing north (interchange) are abit affect by west sun, and those facing MRT are fine.

Hope you guys get what i mean.

Went yesterday again to observe the west sun.

It seem that most rooms facing north (interchange) are abit affect by west sun, and those facing MRT are fine.

Hope you guys get what i mean.

Yup, the sun came at a 45 deg angle from the interchange. There's some blocks which jugs out (as opposed to 5rm which is sunk in), those they will have their MBR wall exposed to the sun. Nite time the wall sure hot like pancake. Not sure of the block number, is the one next to Blk 220A, beside the 5rm.

But facing train is really very noisy. No joke. Unless u don't open window, rely purely on aircon. At first I wanted MRT facing for the seaview, but by the queue number I've got, mostly is filled to 9th floor, only has train view, so no point.

Hi,

went there yester afternoon oso... neber c u all leh.. haha

nw everyday so hot.. wat ever unit.. all will be hot like pan cakes.. :(

and went to INTRADESIGN for quotation instead..

Was served by Irene... need 2 weeks for quotation... she gave me a rough estimated 30K +- w/o electrical bla bla :bangwall:

we shall c hw... :)