Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

Wuh, 219A collect keys already!!! Is 219A facing the MRT or facing the Fengshan food market?

Can you elaborate more on the wrong placement of TV point & phone socket?

219A either face park(downstair) or face pizza hut

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Actually it is very easy & simple to obtain a map showing the location of your block. :notti: Heh, I am no advocate of spoon-feeding: There is no free spoon in this world.

lgmapnp5.jpg

On the 2nd visit, I saw the adjacent unit is under renov and the diagonal opposite unit has more or less complete the process of moving in.

As for the wrong placement, that's just my opinion. It might not be wrong to other residents, but I regard it as a design WRONG. HDB has yet to respond to my email last Friday so just wait lor.

Has anyone in the above list collected keys to their unit?

Edited by DSA

Actually it is very easy & simple to obtain a map showing the location of your block. :notti: Heh, I am no advocate of spoon-feeding: There is no free spoon in this world.

_ags_5ptdpz311fjjesu2dx4a4l55035215_outp

Blk 219A is the block just above the 'L' word of LINEAR GREEN @ BEDOK. The adjacent unit is under renov and the diagonal opposite unit is in the process of moving in.

As for the wrong placement, that's just my opinion. It might not be wrong to other residents, but I regard it as a design WRONG. HDB has yet to respond to my email last Friday so just wait lor.

Has anyone in the above list collected keys to their unit?

Thanks alot. Have seen the map. What you meant is that the blocks that are already facing away from the MRT is experiencing the loud noice. Gosh....then the rest of us who chose the 4 blocks that is facing the MRT directly is in for loud noises :(

All I can say is please be prepared for the loud (subjective) churning noise of passing MRT trains. And sometimes, they coincide! DOUBLE whammy!

Here are the MRT timings of the first & last train arriving at Bedok MRT:

Monday to Saturday 0538 HRS

Last Train daily 0024 HRS.

I'm looking at ways to insulate my bedroom against the noise.....

Doesn't help that I'm a nOOb at home furnishing & reno.

Edited by DSA

DSA.... haha.. nice one on the "wrong placement of SCV point". Totally agree with you, I went around looking, out of 10 units I see, 101 units all had to shift their SCV to the opposite wall. :rolleyes:

But I wasn't complaining already, at least they didn't make the bomb shelter entrance face the living room. *whew*

I ain't gonna take that design wrong. Esp when the correct placement is such a simple logical one.

For those doing reno, this wrong placement doesn't matter as they're changing the layout and wiring.

What do u do with the protuding round ventiliation metal plate jutting out from the bomb shelter?

I ain't gonna take that design wrong. Esp when the correct placement is such a simple logical one.

For those doing reno, this wrong placement doesn't matter as they're changing the layout and wiring.

What do u do with the protuding round ventiliation metal plate jutting out from the bomb shelter?

put a clock!! saw it at my fren hs! look reali nice! those round face ones...that fits just nicely...hehe.... cos ours is facin the kitchen, so no point building feature wall, costly and no space...

btw, can we wallpaper the bomb shelter door?

Yea, that's the 1st thing that comes to my mind. However, the clock in my current place is squarish & runs on electric power, not battery. It's a National clock since 1974 or longer I think. So yea, we're re-using whatever is working.

As for wallpapering the bomb shelter door, refer to HDB regulations bah? But wouldn't the wallpaper be stained with cooking fumes? Unless u don't intend to cook or u intend to clean the wallpaper every time after cooking.

The Bedok Mall is only 4 storeys high & with a NLA of only 80,000 sq ft, it is gonna be small, just slightly bigger than Anchorpoint Shopping Centre which has a total retail floor area of 108,072 square feet, and NLA of 71,000 sq ft.

Edited by DSA

really? then mayb not..i love to cook and hate the trouble of cleaning everytime i cook... :sport-smiley-018:

then do you intend to leave the bomb shelter as it as? repaint it the same colour as the kitchen?

I like the idea of wallpaper but I am not sure whether it is a good idea to plaster them in areas where there are agents of corrosion such as water, heat & cooking fumes. Still undecided on the bomb shelter door, mostly likely paint it same colour as the kitchen if that is allowed. But I'm still at ICI vs Nippon Paint stage!

I'm looking at air-cons so wondering how I can save the generated table into Excel so I can do an cost effectivess & efficiency number crunch. Ok I've managed to export the table into Excel, but I can't seem to divide Cooling Capacity by Full/Partial Load Energy Cost.....

And here's a checklist for proper installation of air-conditioning system.

And this is a really good blog on the dos & donts of everything u wanna know about aircon.

Edited by DSA

Just a note on the SCV point. By Right (rule), when shifting the SCV point, u cannot do conceal. So some go up the ceiling and down (most no brainer ID/Contractor). Some run a cable trunking along the skirting (did some thinking, but follow law). By Left, 90% pple run underneath the tiles concealed (which is the most elegant way, no ugly trunkings) :notti:

** hear say, not proven ** Bomb shelter hole, heard from my neighbour that, By Right, you can cover one hole but cannot also cover both holes, i.e must leave at least 1 hole open. If u want electricity, you can tap from inside the bomb shelter (there are power points & SCV inside).

As for the ruling of specific types of window grills from HDB, that only applies to the service yard, NOT whole house. Means that you can do fancy wrought iron for your living room.. *muahaha*

I pray that Bedok Mall will have a cinema pls.... :bow::thumbs up:

Edited by hihihi

What my dad did with the ventilation metal plate in the living room is to push it all the way in and the contractor of my dad actually use a plank to cover it up and paint it the same colour as the wall. In this way, it is totally concealed.

wah.. DSA seem expert in all these stuff. :)

Yeah. We need more people like you help those especially 1st timer in bedok :)

Cheers!

Yah....totally agree :D