Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

guys/gals,

while i was at my place on monday, my neighbour was getting their metal gate welded. My neighbour then approach me telling me that there are cases of flats being broken into and their items stolen.

The guy that did the welding told me that it is very easy to remove the whole gate as the current joints are not being welded. These current joints are basically used to hold the gate only.

I engaged the guy to carry out welding for my gate and he charged $20 per joint. in total 3 joints are needed to secure the door. Before he could carry out the welding works, he have to remove the current joints and indeed, it took him less than 1 min to remove each joint :jawdrop:

My advise is get this welding works carried out to prevent any break-in cases among us.

Btw, i have gotten my keys and reno works is already in progress... cya guys and gals ard

Hi all, I just met up with a reno contractor at my hse yesterday, I showed him the metal gate and asked if it was a concern...

he told me actually, even if you dun weld it, it cannot be taken off if your metal gate is locked.

To remove the joints/ the gate door, the gate has to be opened first in order for the gate door to be lifted up and removed. So...if robbers have opened the gate, there's no need for them to remove the gate from its hinges...

He says a lot of pple are being 'conned' to weld their gates by the welding contractor..

Is the reno contractor correct? what do you all think?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
He says a lot of pple are being 'conned' to weld their gates by the welding contractor..

Is the reno contractor correct? what do you all think?

I think he is right loh. As i mentioned to a few forumer in Msn, i not going to weld...

heee... but dun follow me blindly..

halo,

any 4rmer changing their MBR bathroom door? thinking of changing it cos of the lousy design...

anyone noes whether are there any contractors or contacts that will buy those typical HDB wooden room door? don noe if those uncles below our blocks will buy a not.. lolz

halo,

any 4rmer changing their MBR bathroom door? thinking of changing it cos of the lousy design...

anyone noes whether are there any contractors or contacts that will buy those typical HDB wooden room door? don noe if those uncles below our blocks will buy a not.. lolz

hi yokoyoko:

Yes, I am changing mine to a fold door.

But proudly sponsor by my ID.... :thumbs up:

So dun know how much it cost.

Then i going to remove the lock from the wooden door and keep it as spare.... :P

Edited by blurer23

Oh my goodness, I saw one of the new block got this new life features

ERP2.png

What to do? My son too young to attach an IA on his forehead, where to put his cashcard?

Regarding Doors,

I was thinking of changing my bathroom door too. Saw a brochure selling our type of doors for around $100+???? Anyone thought of gathering all the doors together, then we hold a one weekend sale at the void deck? lol. I am sure some people's door need to be changed and they will come from other towns

Edited by Ideasmiths

What to do? My son too young to attach an IA on his forehead, where to put his cashcard?

Haha!! Idealsmiths is funny!! Great to have you around to spread the fun germs around. :sport-smiley-003:

I have discovered another anomaly: All Extruded Aluminium Casement Window (Bronze Anodized) do not have a rubber weather stripping at the bottom sash. I am unable to fathom why the bottom sash is naked when it is the part that needs a weather stripping most! Other than a sinister conspiracy comes to mind.

Please check all casement windows in your unit whether they have a rubber weather stripping at the bottom sash and post your findings here and then you can lodge an enquiry to HDB.

Edited by DSA

what you mean up to 1 month from the date they give you keys? you mean to open the door and check for defects ah?

For your easy reference

Defect List Couresty of Diva79 previously provided by DSA

Big Orange for benefit of pple taking key perharps can have this link on the front page for easy reference

ha ha ha Ideasmiths thks

Edited by herbman76

I have discovered another anomaly: All Extruded Aluminium Casement Window (Bronze Anodized) do not have a rubber weather stripping at the bottom sash. I am unable to fathom why the bottom sash is naked when it is the part that needs a weather stripping most! Other than a sinister conspiracy comes to mind.

Please check all casement windows in your unit whether they have a rubber weather stripping at the bottom sash and post your findings here so we can lodge an enquiry with HDB.

Hi DSA:

Do you have a picture for this?

Cos my ang mo not so good and dun understand what you mean.... :dunno:

Thanks.