Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

with the gate in its closed position, I wonder how can anyone lift up the gate and steal it away. :dunno:

the $60 is Pian Jia one?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
with the gate in its closed position, I wonder how can anyone lift up the gate and steal it away. :dunno:

the $60 is Pian Jia one?

I think its not the issue of stealing the gate. Its more of breaking into the house with ease with such a weak gate.

Darbleu: I am also concerned with the season parking issue but think HDB will paint the lots red soon once pple mass move in. On the same topic of driving. I am concerned that there are only 2 exit points at linear green. Being the central, it is expected to be congested. Going to be especially difficult to do the right turn to go to ECP in the morning.

The problem of the wrought iron gate has been discovered some time ago by the residents of Tanglin Halt & Jalan Membina. One RenoTalker's residence at Jalan Membina was broken into. One RenoTalker at Tanglin Halt noted in his blog.

Prima facie, these are the entities who are involved in the inception to the installation of the wrought iron gate:

1. HDB: Did its engineers specify that the hinges of the wrought iron gate are to be welded?
  2. Surbana International Consultants: Did the interior architect catch this installation issue?
  3. Nam Lee or Hoe Kew Prefab Tech 3 who supplied the wrought iron gates based on HDB's or SIC's specifications or lack of them.
  4. China Construction: Did the construction manager instruct its workers to weld the hinges of the wrought iron gates? Based on specific instructions from HDB and/or SIC or Nam Lee/Hor Kew Prefab Tech 3?
On intuitive thought, the break-ins could be the wretched crime of the hands of person(s) who knows of such weakness - an insider. Edited by DSA

yah, isc90152, toking about congestion, i think it will be a BIG issue after everyone moves in, considering the fact that the only fast way out to ECP or PIE will be the exit at the swimming pool side, with that small exit point, sure jam up, think LTA must do a traffic light junction there to ease some jam which will be eminent esp during morning peak hour. LTA, are your looking? :o

yah, isc90152, toking about congestion, i think it will be a BIG issue after everyone moves in, considering the fact that the only fast way out to ECP or PIE will be the exit at the swimming pool side, with that small exit point, sure jam up, think LTA must do a traffic light junction there to ease some jam which will be eminent esp during morning peak hour. LTA, are your looking? :o

Hopefully a new exit can be created somehow somewhere. In any case, LTA is building a new exit/entrance from/to PIE at Bedok North Ave 3. Its a straight road down, 3 traffic lights. Cool eh :)?

Hi All, I'm a new-comer to this thread. We have gotten our keys in May but have not started on reno yet. We are from Blk 220B. Glad to meet our neighbours here.

Blurer23 : Hi, I saw that you are using Plush Living. We are considering engaging them. How's your experience with them so far?

Hi All, I'm a new-comer to this thread. We have gotten our keys in May but have not started on reno yet. We are from Blk 220B. Glad to meet our neighbours here.

Added you to family tree. And welcome to the community! :yamseng:

Blurer23 : Hi, I saw that you are using Plush Living. We are considering engaging them. How's your experience with them so far?

hi riesling, I cant post any comments or info about them cos its against forum rules, you can PM me is you want know more. Cos if i post good comment in here, people will think i am helping them advertising.

But frankly speaking, till now, i am very satisfied with them and happy with their design n planning.

My advice to you is that no matter which ID firms you are engaging, really got to have good communication with them, for me, I will always try to had updates and good communication from PLD.

His HP no is 91541869. He resides in Woodlands so it'd be good if a couple of Linear Greeners engage him so he doesn't make the trip for one job.

Note to readers: Please do not report this post for advertising.

To mod: Pls do not edit this contact - this is a matter of serious gravity.

Hey I am interested in engaging him, who else? Maybe we could schedule it together and get it at $10 per hinge as well (I don't speak Hokkien) so anyone?

i might be ignorant, but tot i should clarify.

Even if the metal gates are yanked off, ain't there a wooden gate?

Can those be taken off as well?

I duno, but someone came and told my parents the same thing 6 yrs ago when my parents moved into their current house. We didn't do it, no problem so far...

見仁見智lor..

it could be a 'extra earning' plot for the wielding guy by the building coy.. who noes :dunno:

but for safety reason, we should not take it lightly.. since one of our good neighbours caution us :good:

so its up to individual to gauge the consequences..

BTW any one heard of Rigel hardware? just went there.. they have promo on this weekend.. i think everyweek 1 la.. but the SA told me to come back n weekend for beta price.. gd service.. not pushy..

she mentioned.. weekend ST should have their promo advertisement.. cut it out.. gt special price.. :notti: ..

Rigel **..

can try go n c c if u all wan...

Edited by yokoyoko

I removed the email send to ORC,

HDB has feedback to me the design is 'safe'.

Edited by Ideasmiths

i might be ignorant, but tot i should clarify.

Even if the metal gates are yanked off, ain't there a wooden gate?

Can those be taken off as well?

I duno, but someone came and told my parents the same thing 6 yrs ago when my parents moved into their current house. We didn't do it, no problem so far...

Well,

I am sure you heard of reports of robbers stealing clamps at those fireman outlets? these are due to the rising metal cost. How much is the metal gates worth?

For security purposes, every barrier is an obstacle. If a gang of robber come prepared, a wooden door is the least of the worry. Take a power drill, drill through the small side door (you did see it right?) reach in and unlock the big main door. That's the wooden part as it is easy to drill.

Now, if metal gate is there then it will be more difficult to saw through. The other way is to cut your padlock (so game over too if you didn't turn the gate lock in and just depends on padlock at the top).

So make it more obstacles and delay them so that someone may spot the noise/damages.

a) If it is a bunch of average robbers and my barriers are more than my neighbour, they will go the easier route

b) If it is a bunch of prepared robbers, they will bring all the necessary tools and it doesn't make a difference

c) If it is ocean 12 gang and they see my barriers are more than my neightbours...hmm, am I more loaded to spend the extra $$$ so they will rob me first? :notti:

Edited by Ideasmiths

I think this is ORC, from one of DSA earlier post....I'll send one complain in, hope others will follow, with mass black and white, then something will happen....this is Garhman operational style..

i sent too.. but if they don resolve it.. the ball will be in our court.. so now c whether they will zhi dong ant lo..

Please note and I reiterate the real cause of these break-ins is the cursed crime of the hands of wretched person(s) whom I conjecture is likely to be an insider who knows of such weakness. Just because the perpetrator is unknown and at large, does not mean we should mount a massive witch hunt for the nearest visible targets. My previous post was meant to list the parties who might have contributed the easy removal of the wrought iron gate, it is not to be taken as finger pointing to any 1 of the entities.

To go into the roots of this issue, the purpose of the wrought iron gate has to be defined clearly. Is it cosmetic? Can it be regarded as adequate deterrent against burglars? I doubt so - remember it is just a wrought iron gate, not constantina wire.

The key issue is the installation of the hinges of the wrought iron gates. Is the current installation adequate to prevent the wrought iron gate from easy removal? If it is not adequate, then the burden falls on the installer & under whose instruction is the installer following.