Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I wonder if anyone has checked their gas leakages yet? there was a case a while back when some contractor drilled the wrong place and this owner guy went back to check something and ended up taking a nap with the aircon on that he never woke up. With Citigas lines in our concealled wall (in the kitchen?) I hope the installation went correctly B-)

(sorry, me just very very kia-si when it comes to safety).

There is some guidelines where can drill where cannot drill in the reno book... by HDB.

Edited by herbman76

There is some guidelines where can drill where cannot drill in the reno book... by HDB.

Not about drilling (secondary problem)....I mean installation (primary problem).

Lets say the guys who installed the hidden pipes left some debris inside, which may clog the pipe when in actual used. Or worst still, left some grease based substance inside (heat builtup). Kaboom when we use it in the future or block, pressure build up, one day some weak spot piss and kill all of us in the night...

horror story zz

Not about drilling (secondary problem)....I mean installation (primary problem).

Lets say the guys who installed the hidden pipes left some debris inside, which may clog the pipe when in actual used. Or worst still, left some grease based substance inside (heat builtup). Kaboom when we use it in the future or block, pressure build up, one day some weak spot piss and kill all of us in the night...

horror story zz

hmm.. nowaday nice nice hit the piping also got problem well it look like a balancing act.. nice or safe.. hopeful despite the things miss out in the planning, this aspect of it should had been considered :)

There will be indication of the concel pipes, mainly for sanitary & plumbing concel pipes with tapes/stickers pasted on the walls to show how the pipes are laid. To caution on drilling into any concel pipes, you may refer to the as-built drawing given.

As for gas piping, all gas service work shall only be carried out by the Licensed Gas Service Workers. Normally your appointed id/contractor who do the kitchen cabinet will know what to do and when to call up city gas to arrange for the gas piping installation. After the piping installation, a final pressure test will be carried out for the entire installation. You may refer to http://www.citygas.com.sg/pdf/Handbook_on_..._Gas_Supply.pdf for more details.

i might be ignorant, but tot i should clarify.

Even if the metal gates are yanked off, ain't there a wooden gate?

Can those be taken off as well?

I duno, but someone came and told my parents the same thing 6 yrs ago when my parents moved into their current house. We didn't do it, no problem so far...

Let me explain. The robbers are not actually targeting the metal gates, they are actually targeting the items within for example your items that were bought in preparation for reno, there was a case of someone apartment's electrical circuit board and switches being stolen.

Though there is a wooden door, during reno, the contractors only chain/lock the main gate while leaving the main door unlock. (pls do not give your main gate and door key to contractors, heard cases of the keys being duplicated)

This problem of the metal gates not being properly secured is a old one, and it happened to my previous flat 30 years back.

For those interested to see the workmanship, you can go 220b 8th floor lar, everyone that have gotten the keys have done it lol.

Yoz neighbours,

Lets end the arguements/discussions here on the gate issue on who's responsibility, design issues, impacts and etc.. There are 2 ways to rectify this problems.

1) demand the coy that install the gate w/o observing the safety regulations to rectify this the prob.. report it to them.. the more the merrier.. :)

2) pay our own $$ to rectify it and alert the building coy/ hdb or such a loophole which i think they already knew this problem all along(just that they don care cos nothing serious had happened yet)..

We paid so much $$ for these flat of cos we want most of the thing swee swee.. if not we might as well don report defects and live in it since we are so 'kind'.. lolz

Have a good fri!! and weekend.. :yamseng:

Edited by yokoyoko

Btw anyone bot or sourcing stuff like sink, bathroom accessories, basin and etc? any gd place to recommendation to purchase these?

Poh joo? sim siang choon? Ikea?

I am with idealsmith's idea. Please contribute to the online reporting - with more black and white, i am sure they will respond.

:)

Also, for those who purposely want to rob you - you also hard to siam. But since like what yokoyoko mentioned, paid so much.. demand a little more... no hurt right? :deal:

:yamseng:

Btw anyone bot or sourcing stuff like sink, bathroom accessories, basin and etc? any gd place to recommendation to purchase these?

HI Yokoyoko,

I bought all these already. For sink, I went for Balleri. Like the design and the size and depth of the sink.

For bathroom acessories, bought some from Sim Siang Choon and some from Song Cho. I have also bought a hanging bar for my kitchen to hook some of the cooking items like knives and sauces from Song Cho.

Hmmm? Your place got rob already? No sink and basin?

want to buy over my HDB issued ones? 2 sets at half price....100% brand new :)

Just kidding.

Actually if you are getting basin and WC for the toilets, does it means that your renovation also has a vanity top for the toilets? I was also thinking of making a top over the existing basin/wc so can place some stuff there. Now that place is just empty.

HI Yokoyoko,

I bought all these already. For sink, I went for Balleri. Like the design and the size and depth of the sink.

For bathroom acessories, bought some from Sim Siang Choon and some from Song Cho. I have also bought a hanging bar for my kitchen to hook some of the cooking items like knives and sauces from Song Cho.

sim siang choon exp? my friend said more exp den places like poh joo n ikea but gt wide variety to choose from.. can will pay visit to song cho, n ssc.. thanks

Actually if you are getting basin and WC for the toilets, does it means that your renovation also has a vanity top for the toilets? I was also thinking of making a top over the existing basin/wc so can place some stuff there. Now that place is just empty.

4rm don have vanity tops for toilets..onli 5rms have.. i should be changing my MBR toilets basin since i will be having a suspended cabinets build under(in my reno package).. u can do the top like u said.. or buy storage from Ikea to store things?but one thing is that the mbr toilet design for 4 rm.. SU**!!.. best is to change the toilet door but need $$.. sianz .. lolzz

Edited by yokoyoko

sim siang choon exp? my friend said more exp den places like poh joo n ikea but gt wide variety to choose from.. can will pay visit to song cho, n ssc.. thanks

I think the price is roughly there. You can also get a kitchen sink tap in the range of $28 - $40 in SSC.

In fact, the more ex one is song cho. Bought a two tier rack to hold my shower gels and shampoos and it cost slightly above $100. This, however to me, is money worth spending as Song cho gives you lifetime anti rust guarentee.

I feel that for these things made of metal which is attached to the wall tiles and is in constant contact with water, it is better to spend a little more $$ to get the good ones than to face rust staining your tiles and got to spend more $$ to replace the tiles in the end.

Hopefully a new exit can be created somehow somewhere. In any case, LTA is building a new exit/entrance from/to PIE at Bedok North Ave 3. Its a straight road down, 3 traffic lights. Cool eh :)?

MRT is nearby hee hee