Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

haha lets hope our hse can worth so much.. 5 yrs later sell liao then wait for property crash then buy again..

:)

on a serious note, wonder how the next generation survive man? everything so **** exp..

Actually its the SAME money. :(

Our grandparents last time got chance to buy serangoon house, lets say at $1000 to $5000. That time that money is huge. 30 years later, that same money with inflation is our current rate (houses inflate lets say at historically 3% per year).

Out next generation their starting pay is $5000, but it's the same amount equivalent to $3000 now.

But what we need to watch out for is don't have the thinking that we can sell to someone and 'retire' on that money. By that time most of us are 60s and who is going to come out with $ to pay the COV and downpayment? Also no more loans >60 so who has the $$$ to pay one time. Young people will be okay, because they still can take 30 years loans.

thks for sharing, the food centre blk 216 appear to be under reno also

very close to us is shop & save, there is also POSB bank nearby.

for pple who need to get paper cup, paper plates there is some shop just behind the multistorey carpark :)

seem like everything is so close to our estate

Actually we are very lucky.

Shengsong is on the left, Shop N save infront, NTUC 2 blocks away, KFC, swimming pool, statdium, community club, MRT, interchange etc. POSB, stanchart, maybank,

There is also some shophouses soon, wonder who and what they will sell there

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Big Orange, please bold my name. :P Thanks. Finally, Got my keys :dancingqueen: .... seems like i am first one from Block 221B....

Also, more of less settled with my ID, going with Defong Interior. Will be signing the agreement next week. Very satisfied with the discussion and quote so far. :good: I searched more than 20 ID's .....and his one i believe is the best. Quality of work to be tested.... saw another unit he did in Bedok... looks good to me...Work starting in two weeks time... Can visit by appointment

:yamseng:

Edited by cohiers

Hi everyone,

Wow! What a long thread, lots of catching up to do then. Anyway, Me & wife are the proud owners now (took key & starting reno works already) of unit from blk 221C. Hope to move in by end of Aug. Cya all in the neighbourhood soon then yah

Juz a qn though, already did the SP Services activation from HDB Hub level 3. Back to the unit itself, how do I switch on the gas & electricity? Any buttons/levers/switch?

Edited by Iman

Big Orange, please bold my name. :P Thanks. Finally, Got my keys :dancingqueen: .... seems like i am first one from Block 221B....

Hi dude, bold already. You know i am very interested in visiting u. :)

Hi everyone,

Wow! What a long thread, lots of catching up to do then. Anyway, Me & wife are the proud owners now (took key & starting reno works already) of unit from blk 221C. Hope to move in by end of Aug. Cya all in the neighbourhood soon then yah

Welcome 48th! I bold and added you to the community :)

Juz a qn though, already did the SP Services activation from HDB Hub level 3. Back to the unit itself, how do I switch on the gas & electricity? Any buttons/levers/switch?

think they will usually come on the next working day to chk the meter... there is a circuit breaker (it is behind the front door) you have to turn it to on position.

Happy reno!

---

there is actually Stationary shop just behind the multi-storey carpark.. FYI

Edited by herbman76

HI there all,

We just got our keys to our 5 rm flat Blk 219C! But wondering how we should position the sofa, TV and dining table.

Could any five-roomers share your living room layout?

Thanks lots :)

HI there all,

We just got our keys to our 5 rm flat Blk 219C! But wondering how we should position the sofa, TV and dining table.

Could any five-roomers share your living room layout?

Thanks lots :)

Hi 49th!, we are 5% of the total of whole linear green!

anyway it can be in this way.

long wall put tv , then sofa, then dinning table , short wall, one line.

btw, we same block! Pls check ur PM.

:)

By that time most of us are 60s and who is going to come out with $ to pay the COV and downpayment? Also no more loans >60 so who has the $$$ to pay one time. Young people will be okay, because they still can take 30 years loans.

by the time, we will be 'un-service-able" (u/s). Heee..

Edited by big orange

Some pics i took when i was considering to get the bedok central unit...

this is a 5 room,think at the highest floor..IMO the best view in the whole estate..

useful for those bros staying in the lower floor who is wondering what the view is like at the top..

r7t1sp.jpg

6p9ftj.jpg

2nal9he.jpg

Looks like a unit in Blk 219B. Should be pretty windy.

Welcome 48th! I bold and added you to the community :)

48th, nice no! Starting to feel like I'm a Cylon. Guess been watching too much Battlestar Galactica.

By the way noticed a wedding going-on under one of the blocks 2 weeks back. Issit a first in the area?

221C - tfujiwara8, xiaoair29, Iman

To both tfujiwara8 & xiaoair29,

Nice to know someone from the same blk. U guys moved in yet?

Edited by Iman

48th, nice no! Starting to feel like I'm a Cylon. Guess been watching too much Battlestar Galactica.

By the way noticed a wedding going-on under one of the blocks 2 weeks back. Issit a first in the area?

yah,think i saw a malay wedding under the blocks about 2 weeks back on sat. it should be a first there.

Hi Iman!

Welcome and nice to hear from you :)

Have not moved in yet - in fact our reno just commenced last week.

Will only move in sometime in Oct/Nov 08 after reno is done.

Which floor are u staying in? Do PM me if you prefer so :)

Do share your Reno pics with us :)

Hi Iman!

Welcome and nice to hear from you :)

Which floor are u staying in? Do PM me if you prefer so :)

Same here, my reno also ongoing as well. I'm only at level 2, btw u checking on ur reno progress every now & then? As for me usually drop by on Sat/Sun since visiting parents near Fengshan area which is a stone throw away
:D

Edited by Iman

So tonight, the hellgate going open :jawdrop:

So is it a must to pray?

I mean just pray for "ping an" for the reno and house. :unsure: