Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

Saw this post on Philips Carnival Sale:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...mp;#entry325349

Please take note ya... btw who applying for soccer channel on SCV? kinda exp.. kopitiam shld have telecast.. hmm..

Thanks for the info! will drop by and see if there are any great discounts and revert back here.

I am subscribe to soccer SCV channel, for soccer lovers... i doubt if it is exp... anot.. because end of the day... you still will subscribe! :notti:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Oh?

We just got back from the HN sale... bought our TV set there - Hitachi 42" Plasma TV.

Comes with:

3 yr warranty

2 HDMI Cables

1 Home Entertainment System (5.1)

Extended 2 yr Warranty (@ $120)

2 free bottle of mineral water (lol)

Total cost was $1839 ($1699 + $120 warranty + $20 delivery).

We negotiated for delivery to be ard Nov (~3 months from now), they agreed. So the timing just nice... :sport-smiley-004:

Anyway... now too late... sale over le... :dunno:

I'm looking @ Samsung stuffs......probably they can't wait to get rid of Samsung's product? Hee Hee

Saw this post on Philips Carnival Sale:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...mp;#entry325349

Wah, 1 week before Comex 2008 leh.....don't know which one is cheaper & can get better deals.....

Hi all,

Long time no log in and post. Anyway as what yokoyoko had pointed out - there is Philips carnival sales. However base on my past 5 years experience, it always fall on the 1st weekend of Sept, so I am very puzzle about this date. Maybe I'll call philips up directly and check.

There a few item which might interested hdb dweller.

1. Kettle

2. Iron

3. Hair blower

4. Juice blender

5. Energy saving bulbs.

Cheers!

I am subscribe to soccer SCV channel, for soccer lovers... i doubt if it is exp... anot.. because end of the day... you still will subscribe! :notti:

So all the soccer kakis.. u all shld noe where to watch on weekends.. Blk 220C.. hehe.. TIA :)

Wasted...Spore could have won a medal today.. never mind.. nxt time.. USA swimming team solid.. from no where to 1st.. amazing..

Wah, 1 week before Comex 2008 leh.....don't know which one is cheaper & can get better deals.....

COMEX buy TVs ba.. philips sale will be more on light bulbs? don noe wat they gt..haha... maybe just go n c wat they have lo...

Edited by yokoyoko

Some upcoming event from Expo & Suntec

Comex 2008

Suntec

comex-side01.jpg

comex-press01.jpg

Expo

Singapore Home & Design 2008

Event type : Furniture & Home Furnishings

Venue : Hall 6A

Admission : Public - Free Admission

Event Schedules : 06 - 14 September 2008

Time: 12:00pm - 10:00pm

Admission : Public – Free Admission

Event Schedules : 27 September to 5 October 2008

Tme: 12:00pm - 10:00pm

event_home%20ideas%20.jpg

Event type : Consumer

Event Schedules :

25 Oct - 2 Nov 2008

Time: 12.00 noon - 10.00pm

perfect-living.jpg

Venue : Singapore Expo Hall 6A

Admission : Public – Free Admission

Event Schedules : 15 – 23 November 2008

Time: 12:00 noon to 10:00pm

event-sitex-nov.jpg

Event type : IT & Electronics

Venue : Halls 5 & 6

Event Schedules : 27 - 30 November 2008

Time: 11:00am - 9:00pm

Edited by herbman76

Thanks for the info! will drop by and see if there are any great discounts and revert back here.

i will subscribe lah, sometimes you need to be comfortably sitting at home to watch and not go downstairs leh,like matches in the middle of the nite, so i will defintely get it lah. :bleah:

u all know those tiled cement structures erected at the ground level. This afternoon I saw a worker using a tool to knock every single tile check for hollow, and mark with a spray. Was pleasantly surprised at the professionalism, thought they will just anyhow complete the work and forget it.

to think my brainless renovator still dare to jeer at me for knocking every single tile for hollow. :rolleyes:

Yesterday, we did a check on our floor tiles too. Found 10 tiles hollow in the entire house. Haiz. Had complained to my ID, they will do a change of the tiles this week.

Ordered the washing machine from the HN sale on last sun. We took the Samsung WA10V5 (8kg), that cames with $70 NTUC vouchers. This is a good buy in comparison with Best Denki, GAB and Ban Kim Chuan (in Bedok). Anyone know whether Samsung washing machines good or not?

Any recommended brands for the water heater?

What about the Cooker hood, hobs and oven? Rinnai or Le Germania good? Now contemplating between these 2 brands. Thanks in advance.

Edited by happyhouseowner

Well, confirmed, Philips Carnival Sale is on Sat 23 August and Sun 24 August 9.30 am to 6 pm.

To get there, take the MRT to Toa Payoh MRT, come out turn RIGHT you will see OCBC, BEFORE the steps leading up, turn LEFT into a tunnel (I think NTUC there)....walk all the way and you will come up. Now turn left and walk diagonally towards Philips....You will see a Community Center on the right to use as a guide, church also on the right

PS: Someone asked me where I got the news......

I have bought some Philips stuff in the past, and subscribed to some notifications during the registering of warranty

1.png

3.png

Edited by Ideasmiths

Yesterday, we did a check on our floor tiles too. Found 10 tiles hollow in the entire house. Haiz. Had complained to my ID, they will do a change of the tiles this week.

wow,you mean after your ID lay the homogenous tiles,u knock every single one of them ah? to check for hollow? tedious work ah... ;)

wow,you mean after your ID lay the homogenous tiles,u knock every single one of them ah? to check for hollow? tedious work ah... ;)

Ya lor, just so happpened that I stepped on one hollow tile on sat, so we decided to do a through check on every inch of the tile. No doubt its very tedious, but have to do it. we spent more that 2hrs checking on the tiles. So tiring. Else, in future, there might be a possibility that the tiles will "pop out" from the slot. Better be careful on this part.

Wah...so coincidental.....which unit are both of you from? Maybe more of us are from the same unit or are related somehow?

haha.. we are from kranji camp 3. Logistic Inspectorate readines aka LRI :)

how abt you?

Ya lor, just so happpened that I stepped on one hollow tile on sat, so we decided to do a through check on every inch of the tile. No doubt its very tedious, but have to do it. we spent more that 2hrs checking on the tiles. So tiring.

Actually, i heard from my colleague that you could actually roll a coin or crystal ball to check for any hollowness. It was said that the sudden change in the sound while it was rolling will identify the tiles quickly. dont know whether it is really efficient cos i havent got my keys yet. heh.

but seriously, shyt man!! pay so much, yet still got to go thru QC on ourselves... duhz.

to check for hollow u can actually use a small smooth surface pebble to tap. Don't use your knuckle otherwise u'll lose your hands at the end of the session.

to check for hollow u can actually use a small smooth surface pebble to tap. Don't use your knuckle otherwise u'll lose your hands at the end of the session.

No lah, we used the back of the screw driver to knock gently on the tiles.

Actually, i heard from my colleague that you could actually roll a coin or crystal ball to check for any hollowness. It was said that the sudden change in the sound while it was rolling will identify the tiles quickly. dont know whether it is really efficient cos i havent got my keys yet. heh.

but seriously, shyt man!! pay so much, yet still got to go thru QC on ourselves... duhz.

Yes, we did use some coins to aid in the check. We actually used the back of the screwdriver and knocked gently and we used the coins to verify.

What to do? Only by doing this step then we are sure that the floor is good and safe. Seriously, can deduct the money from the payment, since we are the QC inspector and we should be paid as well?

Edited by happyhouseowner

Hihi...

Nice to know all of u :)

my nest is @ 219A, reno work on going. Hopefully to move in by end this mth. Yeah!

Hope we have a chance to meet up soon!