Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

if u keep within the service yard window as the cut off point, u should be safe. I also painted until there, but painted white, similar to the outside wall colour.

Great! Thanks for the info.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I m not sure myself either. Heard from bro-in-law can try to check with Goh Ah Bee. I have not check yet.

Checked with GAB, Parisilk before on F&P Frideg.. confirm cheaper like wat Herbman said.. unless courts/HN/Best give vouchers..

Try this place:

EVERJOINT ELECTRICAL TRADING Block 159 #01-534 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 4 6458 9569.

I went once but the shop closed that time.. :furious:. saw from one thread.. someone compared fridge btw GAB and EverJoint.. and the latter is cheaper...

There are oso shops like Hongliang, Aik leong at Bukit merah area.. bigger shops than GAB n EJ..

there's a beam there, u probably can't knock down the whole portion.

Ya.. got beam.. cannot hack completely.. if u wan sell later might have prob oso..

Just asking, anyone thinking of hacking down the bedroom to make your master bedroom more spacious? For me, i am kinda of tempted to do it as i wouldnt be staying with my parents. but, at the same time, worry abt the hefty reno cost.

Hihi, reno by ID will range from 20-30K depending on your requirements. If it is by contractor then it will be cheaper but you will have to take up the coordination part. The good pple here can advise you better. My ID suggests hacking one of the long corridor wall of the main bedroom to make way for 1 wardrobe. That way I retain 3 rooms but gained an additional wardrobe in my main. Anyway, just look around id firms loh. Thats the reason why we are in renotalk in the first place :)

Checked with GAB, Parisilk before on F&P Frideg.. confirm cheaper like wat Herbman said.. unless courts/HN/Best give vouchers..

from Court, Best and Parisilk seem to be giving vochure abt $70 i chk out at parisilk but cheapest is still GAB but dunno wherehter got vochure (Yokoyoko thks for chking out) :)

For electrical stuff, actually I went to look/see one of our neighbourhood shop, around Block 851 Bedok North Ave something, seem quite okay price and they have a good selection. The salesguy also quite knowledgeable. Its beside one of the fruit stalls

with regards to hacking down walls, my ID quoted me $400 for hacking down one wall, $800 for building up the corners (ie smoothen the rough edges), $1000 for the sliding doors!. My original intention is to straighten out bedroom 2 and 3 because one is a study and the other is my baby son room so no need so much space. If knock down will be very spacious. My wife objected B-*

Just out of curiosity, anyone thinking of chaning ALL the locks in the home, gate/main door, doors etc and use only ONE key to access all of them (ie, no need so many keys)....I saw one set at DIY shop, also one type is magnetic one (ie you put on side of lock it opens, no need to insert....cannot be duplicated because the magentic thing is PC program changable)

Edited by Ideasmiths

Just out of curiosity, anyone thinking of chaning ALL the locks in the home, gate/main door, doors etc and use only ONE key to access all of them (ie, no need so many keys)....I saw one set at DIY shop, also one type is magnetic one (ie you put on side of lock it opens, no need to insert....cannot be duplicated because the magentic thing is PC program changable)

it is a 2 edged sword, 1 key open all also mean if that key is lost it opens all doors to whoever got it. maybe a biometric door .. hee hee an ICA at home?

from Court, Best and Parisilk seem to be giving vochure abt $70 i chk out at parisilk but cheapest is still GAB but dunno wherehter got vochure (Yokoyoko thks for chking out) :)

Np... I bot my Fridge n washing machine(both toshiba) there got vocuhers for both.. think the SA said depend on the brand/manufacturer gt the promo/offer a nt.. think timing ba..

Np... I bot my Fridge n washing machine(both toshiba) there got vocuhers for both.. think the SA said depend on the brand/manufacturer gt the promo/offer a nt.. think timing ba..

you bought from GAB?

yo... i staying on the 3rd floor. And the coincidence part! the neighbour beside my unit is my NS understudy.. haha.. got to discover when we went to recee the neighbourhood... such a small world..

anyway, me not getting keys so soon. paying the 5% downpayment first. will be collecting the keys after ROM which is 2nd of sept!!! :)

Just asking, anyone thinking of hacking down the bedroom to make your master bedroom more spacious? For me, i am kinda of tempted to do it as i wouldnt be staying with my parents. but, at the same time, worry abt the hefty reno cost.

Wah...so coincidental.....which unit are both of you from? Maybe more of us are from the same unit or are related somehow?

it is a 2 edged sword, 1 key open all also mean if that key is lost it opens all doors to whoever got it. maybe a biometric door .. hee hee an ICA at home?

same problem with one bunch of many keys. If lost mean whole bunch lost too.

At least with one key, if you need to rush inside (loo), you don't need to go through 2 or 3 keys just to get into your house :dancingqueen:

At least with one key, if you need to rush inside (loo), you don't need to go through 2 or 3 keys just to get into your house :dancingqueen:

Hi, those defects u mentioned on your blog is for the before or after renovations? Thanks.

Edited by happyhouseowner

yoz.. may i noe where u gt solar film/heat/UV protector for all windows from? thanks

weather is too hot liao..

think there was some flyer in the mailbox or at the flats...

that is qute true hee hee

Hihi, reno by ID will range from 20-30K depending on your requirements. If it is by contractor then it will be cheaper but you will have to take up the coordination part. The good pple here can advise you better. My ID suggests hacking one of the long corridor wall of the main bedroom to make way for 1 wardrobe. That way I retain 3 rooms but gained an additional wardrobe in my main. Anyway, just look around id firms loh. Thats the reason why we are in renotalk in the first place :)

hi, sry for being noob, but new house can hack the wall? :dunno: