Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

my nest is @ 219A, reno work on going. Hopefully to move in by end this mth. Yeah!

Hope we have a chance to meet up soon!

Hi yuan05, you are 53th!! I added you to the family tree. enjoy ur stay here :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hihi...

Nice to know all of u :)

my nest is @ 219A, reno work on going. Hopefully to move in by end this mth. Yeah!

Welcome to the neighbourhood!

Hihi...

Nice to know all of u :)

Hi there,

A warm welcome to the LG community! Yup me too hoping to move in by end of mth, cya ard the neighbourhood!

By the way yesterday confirmed that both ground level units of Blk 221C, occupants have moved in. At least won't feel so lonely when ard the blk.

Hi all

Sorry, been missing in action...we have decided our choice of ID, Aasion Design (a relatively unknown company coz they have not even opened for business) This company was engaged by my sis-in-law to do their E-flat and their price quite competitive as compared to the other companies who quoted us...

Being on budget, we selected them and reno will only start after 7th month...

On to the main topic....

Anybody interested in joining the new linear green residents' committee (RC)?

Actualli, both my hubby and I are members of the youth executive committee (YEC) at KG Chai Chee CC. We are invited to sit in a meeting this fri to discuss on the new RC at Linear Green...

If any of you are interested in joining the RC, drop me a msg :)

I m not sure if my hubby and I want to join the RC though...our hands are tied with work, kid and YEC activities oredi...mabbe if many of you joining, we will consider joining too :)

PS: being RC member is quite a thankless job actually...have to organise activities for residents, sell tickets for events, attend CC meetings etc...but one good perk is that you will get to know a lot of residents, grassroots leaders, widen your social circle...I tink there is one great attractive perk too...free HDB parking in your estate (I tink for office-bearer, you may get free parking in the entire East Coast GRC) there might be more benefits but I m not too sure coz my hubby and I never utilise those benefits ;)

Ordered the washing machine from the HN sale on last sun. We took the Samsung WA10V5 (8kg), that cames with $70 NTUC vouchers. This is a good buy in comparison with Best Denki, GAB and Ban Kim Chuan (in Bedok). Anyone know whether Samsung washing machines good or not?

Any recommended brands for the water heater?

What about the Cooker hood, hobs and oven? Rinnai or Le Germania good? Now contemplating between these 2 brands. Thanks in advance.

Hi all neighbours, any advice on the above post? Desparately need some advice on the cooker hood, hob and ther oven.

Thanks.

Hi all neighbours, any advice on the above post? Desparately need some advice on the cooker hood, hob and ther oven.

Thanks.

For water heater, Ariston brand is good @ $250, 30L.

Thanks.

hi,

rinnai is from Indonesia. la germania from italy.

quality wise:

- depends on your usage. some ppl can use rinnai for 10 years without problm.

price:

- rinnai is cheaper due to is country of mfg.

- if buy cheaper type, if spoil, change it also no heart pain. expensive type will make you faint if spoil within 3 years.

function:

- same for cooking but...

- look at the burner area. for italy design, its fully concealed type where (eg.) if your soup spill, your food drop out onto the hob, the food are trap in this conceal area where you can easily clean it by scooping out the food or wipe it. but if its those non-conceal type, things dropped into the burner will not be able to clean it out unless the bottom of the hob is not conceal. some of the hob's bottom are concealed.

- the burner where the fire comes out, the sales ppl will tell you that the difference got inner ring of fire, outer ring of fire, etc. all will come to the same thing, still can cook the food well no matter the ring of fire is inner or outer where you can choose, the most impt is how many ring of fire. if there is only 1 ring of fire, the food takes a longer time to cook, that means you waste more gas, but also means food will not easily be burned. and the vice versa for 3 rings of fire etc.

- some things are vy logic. just ask lots of aunties, who cook, on wat type of hob they use and how is the function, performance, quality, maintenance, etc.

replacement:

- you hv to consider the length, width & height of your hob area. coz if spoil, you hv to get something of abt the same size to fit in.

hope the above helps. :)

haha.. we are from kranji camp 3. Logistic Inspectorate readines aka LRI :)

how abt you?

Well, I'm not with LRI, but I do know a few LRI people. More familiar with Mabel's team for Ordnance & B Vehicles spares. If you both are in her team, probably I know you 2 as well.

Free parking for the whole East Coast GRC sounds good. But wah, quite difficult to jaga all the activities, work and family for us :(

Free Parking? Sounds good....but the info from where?

guys, on the topic of kitchen ware. How did you guys layout your kitchen? Is it like sink and hob opposite each other?

yes, the way it should be

guys, on the topic of kitchen ware. How did you guys layout your kitchen? Is it like sink and hob opposite each other?

i guess most people would do it that way. although its not good for feng shui? :dunno:

i heard rinnai isn't good!

Edited by sidney93

Hihi...

Anyone know where to get nice high counter stools? Desperately looking for it..... Been to a few places; v.hive, furniture mall, IFC .....etc... but cant seem to find a nice and comfortable one. I wan those with higher back rest and adjustable height and also cushioned. How, how.... where to find? :bangwall:

Budget the most $1000 for 2.

This will be my permament dining chair, therefore realli gotta choose a nice n comfy one....

Any suggestion anybody?

hi,

rinnai is from Indonesia. la germania from italy.

quality wise:

- depends on your usage. some ppl can use rinnai for 10 years without problm.

price:

- rinnai is cheaper due to is country of mfg.

- if buy cheaper type, if spoil, change it also no heart pain. expensive type will make you faint if spoil within 3 years.

function:

- same for cooking but...

- look at the burner area. for italy design, its fully concealed type where (eg.) if your soup spill, your food drop out onto the hob, the food are trap in this conceal area where you can easily clean it by scooping out the food or wipe it. but if its those non-conceal type, things dropped into the burner will not be able to clean it out unless the bottom of the hob is not conceal. some of the hob's bottom are concealed.

- the burner where the fire comes out, the sales ppl will tell you that the difference got inner ring of fire, outer ring of fire, etc. all will come to the same thing, still can cook the food well no matter the ring of fire is inner or outer where you can choose, the most impt is how many ring of fire. if there is only 1 ring of fire, the food takes a longer time to cook, that means you waste more gas, but also means food will not easily be burned. and the vice versa for 3 rings of fire etc.

- some things are vy logic. just ask lots of aunties, who cook, on wat type of hob they use and how is the function, performance, quality, maintenance, etc.

replacement:

- you hv to consider the length, width & height of your hob area. coz if spoil, you hv to get something of abt the same size to fit in.

The promoter from City Gas say Rinnai is from Japan. Yes, la germania from italy.

I will be using it very frequently, that is heavy usage.

Rinnai is cheaper in comparison to La Germania but still expensive to Ellane and Fujioh.

Thats to say that with 3 rings of fire, food will be cooked faster and thus saving more gas.

Well, with experiences from my mum, she said that La Germania is good and durable. Turbo is not lasting, etc.

replacement:

Thats why I am looking at one that is of standard size.

Thanks for the info, leen.

i guess most people would do it that way. although its not good for feng shui? :dunno:

i heard rinnai isn't good!

Well, at least thats not for me. I am very into FengShui. I purposely asked my designer not to put the stove and the basin directly opposite of each other, its away from each other.

Why Rinnai no good?

Edited by happyhouseowner

We gonna stick with original HDB layout...My kitchen is going to be that way, sink and hob on opposite sides...I did not have any fengshui consultation...but we just made sure that the sink and hob dun face each other directly lor...

Coz my parents' house is a learning lesson to us...

My dad shifted the sink point to another location...few years down, the pipes got choked due to the grease and my dad had to drill 2 holes thru' the cement 'ledge' to get to the pipes...

Today, the holes are still exposed (it's a 15 yr old flat now) and it still gets choked every now and then and my dad just stuff the holes with cloth so that it is easier for us to remove the grease...

But for those tinking of relocating the sink, you can still go ahead.... :)

Just make sure the contractor do it properly, taking into consideration the gradient of the pipes and get them to allow about two outlets (which can be opened and sealed) for you to access to any chokes (just to be on the safe side)....

I guess my dad did not know then and he also used a really bad contractor then... ;P

Edited by eipsy