Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

Hi guys, wanted to ask the good people here if anyone is intending to lay or has laid network cables all around the house?

I will be using wireless throughout including printers.

Wireless speed is already good for me.

Anyway for surfing net or downloading, the speeds depend on the ISP so to me LAN or Wireless is the same for my usage. :D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi guys, wanted to ask the good people here if anyone is intending to lay or has laid network cables all around the house?

Hi,

Why network cables?

With the technology now, your wifi with N version would be fast enough, if not, get those network that uses the electrical circuit in your house. Or like me, use the broadband on mobile, can go everywhere.

Come to think of it, why every household need to subscribe network? Why not we all share share and the host use the wifi N with super booster, then everyone can use (those who share lah).

Transfer speed over wired connections still triumphs over wireless connections. High throughput is of significant importance when it comes to NAS, movie streaming of high definition formats such as mkv & ivm. And the speed will not be corrupted by stray interference by signals from other wireless networks.

For those who ain't binded by broadband contract, you can consider M1 Fixed Broadband plans - cheaper & faster than Starhub's offerings, with upload speeds of up to 384Kbps, 512Kbps, 1Mbps & 2Mbps. IDA has a guide to residential broadband.

The Axia-led consortium, named OpenNet is rumoured to have won the tender for NBN based on fibre-to-the-home last mile delivery technology, capable of achieving ultra high speeds of symmetric 1 Gbps or more, with initial provisioning of 100 Mbps.

Anyone here play WoW?

if speed of of the concern cabling would be the options.. ever consider the Aircon trunking style? hee hee

However i think i will go wireless.

Edited by herbman76

hello everyone.... I'm new here....

really excited coz I'll be collecting my keys tmr :notti:

may I know who is staying at 221B???? :P

Hi,

Why network cables?

With the technology now, your wifi with N version would be fast enough, if not, get those network that uses the electrical circuit in your house. Or like me, use the broadband on mobile, can go everywhere.

Come to think of it, why every household need to subscribe network? Why not we all share share and the host use the wifi N with super booster, then everyone can use (those who share lah).

Well, I would suggest against wifi N especially with super booster (If i recall correctly every room has the cable point right?). For purpose of internet sharing / File sharing yeah its good, but over the long run start counting your hair or how much is left. Frens from the telecommunication side are all complaining of hair thining and hair loss. Some even has teories on how exposures to radar systems are affecting the gender outcome of their offsprings. (Most have daughters). Of course there's the cycle counting thing etc etc but I'll just leave it at this.

Edited by Iman

Hi guys, hows it been doing for you all? so long never drop in. :P

Saw someone posted about heaters and hoods and hobs. Just like to share that Rinnai is quite good but choose those that has the sv sign and preferably made in japan.

For heaters, ariston and joven are recommended by other forummers. I have called up both and enquired about their products.

For 25L, ariston and joven comes in stainless steel cylinder. For 30L, choose ariston cos the newer squarish models are titanium. Take note that warranty for ariston is 5 yrs, while joven offer 10. :yamseng:

welcome, i am from 221b, collecting keys next mon

Hi herbman / idealsmith,

Are you guys using PDDoors? My contractors do not know about it? Is it good? From the website, the price looks reasonable to me but are there hidden charges? Do they do installation of 1 door? Hee :)

www.pddoors.com

Hihi!

I'm at 221b will be collecting my keys next fri!

see ya around!

hi everyone,

have you seen this at youtube? Hitler and ERP woes....check the url below...