Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Is it Joel or the uncle? Thanks but I already got mine from Marina square.

My unit has crack line at yard area too. It was found by the HDB lady when she came to check on our complain of our main door.Our main door jam at first, and it take a few round of complain and make good

before we accept it as okay. The HDB lady (can't rem her name) is friendly, and she check other part of our unit for us since she is there.So do look for them before u start reno. :sport-smiley-003:

BO, how's ur new flat? When start the reno work?

Mario, wat about urs? Completed your flooring yet?

I finally know know the owners of the unit opposite me. The couple have 4 young kids, probably we will be expecting noise and kids screams. Haiz...

Edited by happyhouseowner

I read from "Shin Min Daily News - 新明日报"

err...do u still remember the date of the newspaper? :dunno:

Mario, wat about urs? Completed your flooring yet?

No....work in progress...hope it turns out well... ;) So, have u shifted in?

How? Got pic?

cannot take picture , wait i kena 8| , think 220c 5 room cannot see it , only 4 room can see ,

today just saw a new way to hang clothes , hahahahaha

omg , never thought of it .

for those still renovating , take your time, early move in means , dust n noise.

Well, I'll advise all to instead complete their reno n move in soon, so that all the noise will end quickly.

The quicker u all move in, the earlier we can press Starhub to get their signals enabled to all the blks. We may even be able to request for wireless@SG to be extended to our estate.

Well, I'll advise all to instead complete their reno n move in soon, so that all the noise will end quickly.

The quicker u all move in, the earlier we can press Starhub to get their signals enabled to all the blks. We may even be able to request for wireless@SG to be extended to our estate.

hmmm now that u point out in this manner , i see the benefits, LGians, i retract my earlier statement and all of u pls renov fast fast and hence in time for a chirstmas at LG villa

:drunk:

iman , did starhub give a target date to activate the signals , or they are waiting for % of occupancy before activation , eg 80% occupancy? i m thinking of activating also already.

err...do u still remember the date of the newspaper? :dunno:

No....work in progress...hope it turns out well... ;) So, have u shifted in?

It's on Sunday (5th Oct 08)..... Don't tell me U know that aunty hoh... :notti:

My unit has crack line at yard area too. It was found by the HDB lady when she came to check on our complain of our main door.Our main door jam at first, and it take a few round of complain and make good

before we accept it as okay. The HDB lady (can't rem her name) is friendly, and she check other part of our unit for us since she is there.So do look for them before u start reno. :sport-smiley-003:

My main door oso cannot "auto-close". it'll get jam... most of my doors got scratches :furious:

My HTB is consolidating the defects checklist as we found alot = many defects. 不知道该不该将就一点.

If not, HDB got to "redo" my unit... :P (Kiam Siak)

cannot take picture , wait i kena 8| , think 220c 5 room cannot see it , only 4 room can see ,

u from 220C too? PM me ur floor and unit leh :drunk:

Update on the cable internet signal

SH and HDB are playing pingpong with each other. SH says waiting for xx% occupancy, I ask them how will they know the flat has reached xx% occupancy, they immediately shut up, coz they don't know if HDB don't feed them with info. Basically cable infrastructure belongs to SH, they are taking their own sweet time to activate it. HDB cannot force SH to turn it on, but can tell SH that xx% occupancy is reached, they can turn it on now.

If u want to activate yours early, then pay $32. But I don't believe in giving free money to them. I spoke to SH engineer, and they are checking. I told them the flat is already >50% occupied, what are they waiting for.

So please, unity is strength, if you want the signal, please call 1633 (SH) and 1800-2255432 (HDB) to press them to turn it on for the whole estate, if not at least your block.

Hi Hi i am new in the LG Group Blk 219B, i am moving in early Nov after my renovation is done in Mid Oct.Thanks for the Forum LG Group, quite useful in sharing information.

By the way when i started my renovation, there are a few hidden fault which you may find in your house. One of the switch in the circuit breaker is spoilt, i ask the HDB contractor to repair it immediately for free.

Second, those who intend to do cement screeding, you must chase HDB via phone or E-mail (Techical Officer who handle your house) if not they will take their sweet time to do it, basically, there will need one day to do it. However Onces they are done, you must check cause they may not level even your flooring. If you put the Parquet on it, it will not be even.

Lastly, the cloth hanger may be jam, i also ask them to fix it.

I will suggest if you can renovate your house faster, it will be better. If not the contractor move out of the building, it will be more time in getting them.

I have got the Lady Contractor's contact who manage our building. This was given by our HDB Bedok Branch Technical Officer. Hopefully it will be useful for LG neighbours. Tel: 64457032 (Jovi) Call them will be faster then calling Bedok HDB. Cheers

By the way when i started my renovation, there are a few hidden fault which you may find in your house. One of the switch in the circuit breaker is spoilt, i ask the HDB contractor to repair it immediately for free.

Second, those who intend to do cement screeding, you must chase HDB via phone or E-mail (Techical Officer who handle your house) if not they will take their sweet time to do it, basically, there will need one day to do it. However Onces they are done, you must check cause they may not level even your flooring. If you put the Parquet on it, it will not be even.

Lastly, the cloth hanger may be jam, i also ask them to fix it.

I will suggest if you can renovate your house faster, it will be better. If not the contractor move out of the building, it will be more time in getting them.

I have got the Lady Contractor's contact who manage our building. This was given by our HDB Bedok Branch Technical Officer. Hopefully it will be useful for LG neighbours. Tel: 64457032 (Jovi) Call them will be faster then calling Bedok HDB. Cheers

How to check the circuit breaker switch is spoilt? I can push all mine up or down.

Can anybody advise how can we fix up our doorbell? & also where to get nice doorbells? Cos I think I saw the doorbel switch outside the main door.

It's on Sunday (5th Oct 08)..... Don't tell me U know that aunty hoh... :notti:

My main door oso cannot "auto-close". it'll get jam... most of my doors got scratches :furious:

My HTB is consolidating the defects checklist as we found alot = many defects. 不知道该不该将就一点.

If not, HDB got to "redo" my unit... :P (Kiam Siak)

Do u know our main contractor is from China ? so we have to check very carefully and submit all possible to be defects asap. I think HDB also expected lah :deal: (actually I also quite kia su)

Basically my ELCB switch is spoilt, once i install my lighting you can see if there is any issue. Your electrican will advise you accordingly. Dun worry, HDB will still repair it for free as you are still doing the renovation.

How to check the circuit breaker switch is spoilt? I can push all mine up or down.

Can anybody advise how can we fix up our doorbell? & also where to get nice doorbells? Cos I think I saw the doorbel switch outside the main door.

As for the Door bell, i think it is location in my Kitchen as HDB have already prefix it. Unless you spend a bit money to redo it in the Living room