Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

Hi Snowman,

How much did you pay for your cement screed? It's leveling for the tiles to be put on right?

Hi oscarr, welcome to 220A.

cement screeding is free by HDB, when u collect keys u indicate whether u want it or not. It's for laying of parquet, not for tiling.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi oscarr, welcome to 220A.

cement screeding is free by HDB, when u collect keys u indicate whether u want it or not. It's for laying of parquet, not for tiling.

Oic. Thanks HiHiHi!

I'm getting abit confused here. So do we need to do sand and haulage for tilings from contractor or town council? And how much do i have to expect to pay for this sand & haulage service? My mother say sand is provided by the contractor no need to pay. Only need to pay for haulage which is not very expensive.

Hi I'm from 220A, same as HiHiHi.

Big_Orange pls help me add into the blk list.

Added & welcome!

Anyway I think haulage is done by Mr Lim (appointed by HDB). It abt 6XX for whole house (less the 3 room if you opt for wood flooring) or 9XX if u are doing tiles for whole house.

If your ID can provide cheaper alt, why not?

:)

Oic. Thanks HiHiHi!

I'm getting abit confused here. So do we need to do sand and haulage for tilings from contractor or town council? And how much do i have to expect to pay for this sand & haulage service? My mother say sand is provided by the contractor no need to pay. Only need to pay for haulage which is not very expensive.

Hi Oscarr,

For my hm, for the sand i pay $850 to Mr. Lim (the contact no. is at outside your lift), you may wish to try to bargin for lower price if possible since now economy not good...

For the town council, 4 room flat is 186 payable to town council ( I haven't receive this bill yet).

Initially, i was confused too. Hope this info help you. :yamseng:

Hi guys,

Anyone knows how to fix the cloth hanger?

After I release it down, It CAN'T go up...

Now it is stuck at the position.......

Anyone know how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance!

I beg to differ, pls do not do that. You should buy a cheap lock and pass them the key. Unlock everything else during this period of time.

I strongly agreed with isc90152.

PLease do purchase a temporary lock.

Do not pass them your main door key especially, becos u will not be changing them after completion of ur reno... therefore to be safe. do purchase a temp lock.

Hi guys,

Anyone knows how to fix the cloth hanger?

After I release it down, It CAN'T go up...

Now it is stuck at the position.......

Anyone know how to resolve this?

I cannot remember whether it is to pull 45 degrees towards the left or the right. Basically, it's the reverse of how you let it down. If either way don't work, then probably the mechanism is spoilt and you might want to contact Jovi.

Edited by frederick_chia

applegirl: I was told by my renovator that HDB has done the piping in such a way that the storage heater is best fixed at the common bathroom. If you wanna place it in the service yard, there might be some extra works to be done. I initially wanted it at the service yard too but changed my mind and left it in the common bathroom in the end. You planning to have a bathtub in your bathroom?

sheppy: An alarm system may be good, considering the amount of thefts reported during this period of time. Which brand you considering?

frederick_chia: Where is the nearest Botak Jones???

frederick_chia: Where is the nearest Botak Jones???

to help fred, it is at

Block 412 Bedok North Ave 2

Singapore 460412

Phone / Fax: 62439225

Everyday 11:30 am till 10:00 pm (last orders)

Brewski Jones 11:30 am till 10:00 pm

at the blocks opposite Bedok Library

Edited by darcbleu

sheppy: An alarm system may be good, considering the amount of thefts reported during this period of time. Which brand you considering?

i only know ADT and cisco...but heard that cisco is quite expensive

At my current place in Bedok South, there is a security feature @ the lift groundfloor where only pple with access card can enter the premises. With this feature, we also have lesser junk mails. Don't know why this project is being scraped by HDB, but I think only my side had this feature islandwide. I will miss this feature after I shift to LG.

darcbleu: Thank you!!! Shall go and check it out. Have you started renovations for your place???

sheppy: Ah yes ... ADT is quite a popular brand. But not sure about feedback on their devices.

frederick_chia: Yeah, I know what you mean ... I've passed by that block a few times before. Heard from my mom-in-law that they introduced it becoz there were quite a number of thefts occuring to the old folks in that block. No idea that they scrapped it. Maybe costs too high or maybe residents complain lehceh. But it sure is a good idea, feels like living in condo. Hhahaa, got access card some more.

I strongly agreed with isc90152.

PLease do purchase a temporary lock.

Do not pass them your main door key especially, becos u will not be changing them after completion of ur reno... therefore to be safe. do purchase a temp lock.

Alternative, is a get a big combination no. lock (those use for bicycle) .

Advantage dun need key

DO NOT give your keys to the contractor.

I cannot remember whether it is to pull 45 degrees towards the left or the right. Basically, it's the reverse of how you let it down. If either way don't work, then probably the mechanism is spoilt and you might want to contact Jovi.

ok i'll try to explain a bit with my not-so-good english... :notti:

i think if u are standing at the bi-fold door, looking out of the service yard, with the pulley string in hand, pulling it all the way towards yourself will lock the roller mechanism in place, thus allowing the rack to come down. To raise the rack up again, push the pulley string away from you to unlock the roller mechanism and start pulling the string...

hope it helps.

:yamseng:

hi sheppy, how's reno going? is there is a notice written in chinese on your door? hehehe :P

Alternative, is a get a big combination no. lock (those use for bicycle) .

Advantage dun need key

DO NOT give your keys to the contractor.

my ID is going to provide the combination lock and change it throughout the different phases of reno...

so we will save some $ on that... hehe.

Hi hi, BO, i gotten my key today... phew... finally after the long wait ... Pls highlight my name! ; )

congrats!!

aside to BO, is it possible to hyperlink those names in the first page with their reno blogs if any? sorry lah cos i quite lazy to keep scrolling through the thread to find those hyperlinks lah... paiseh paiseh... keke

just a suggestion only, can reject one. :P

my ID is going to provide the combination lock and change it throughout the different phases of reno...

so we will save some $ on that... hehe.

ok think most of the ID will do that. :) if possible for pple engaging ID you may want to have a clause that if they cant delivery on time some form of compensation or discount on the Reno pricing. but pro & con.

Pro - they are likely to complete in time

Con - hopfully dun just rush the job..

Incorporating the QoS required into the renovation contract is oh so important. Legal avenue is probably the most robust recourse that home owners have against errant, unscrupulous or sheer incompetent contractors.

Any1 did glass backing for their kitchen below their hood & behind their hob? Can share their expenditure on this renovation item? Plus its dimensions: length by width. And also the range of price quotations for installation of hood? Anyone in the know on these?

Edited by DSA