Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sohzai

Need Kind Mr Chong's Advice

Hello

Move in on 12 Oct 08 at 6.15pm.

During your reno, ask your designer to put a halogen downlight in front of your front door. On move in, place a red rug outside the front door,switch on the light. If there is no light, stick horizontally on the top of your door frame a red cloth or paper at the same time.

Place a 2 ft fish tank at the dimension marking 1800 (chest ht and slightly towards in line shoe rack)

Still during the same time, quickly move the bed in the mbr to the wall heading solid wall. Or if there already, place the mattress. Only you and your spouse do. Finish all the above before 7.30pm. Let the stove outside your main door burn from the time you move in till 7.30pm. Then stop the burning, and bring the stove to place in your mbr window corner below (windows kept close all the time). Collect the ashes in red packet at 8pm and keep it (don't exceed 8). Keep the stove in the kitchen. After this you can open the mbr windows.

During your reno, you should get the designer to arrange your bed in the mbr to head the solid wall, should be NW/N. Suggest that you do a walkin wardrobe at the stretch of toilet entrance (entrance from mbr door entrance) Well, up to you and your designer.

Place a stomach height chest drawer or display at the mbr inner entrance.

The time may be a bit rush, so you probably got to prepare the necessary the day before.

Dear Mr. Chong,

Thank you very much for providing such a detailed instruction for my house moving. There are a number of items I can't follow due to the current renovation and placement of things. May I further trouble you to help me with these? Many thanks!

1) I believe setting up of the halogen light is on the wall in the common corridor? I am not sure if HDB allows that? I will try to see if i can do that, if not, I will set the red rug and at least place a horizontal piece of red paper at the top of my door frame. May I know whether there is a minimum size for the paper that I need to adhere to?

2) My dining table has just been integrated as a big counter top between the kitchen and the living room where the current wall is going to be hacked. Also, because of the arrangement, the basin and stove will be beside each other, but I have instructed to leave a foot between them. With the dining table no longer crossing the path with the main door, must I still place the fish tank where you have instructed? Honestly, my family know nuts about fish, I tried once before and they don't seem to live well...

3) This might be a little troublesome. The wardrobe that I have drawn in the picture has been set in. I am unable to put the MBR bed there. The blue line that i have drawn beside the bed is a double layer of black string curtain to block view from the MBR entrance. Also, that means I can no longer design a walk-in wardrobe as instructed by you. Is there more that i can do?

4) May I know if the stove that you are mentioning those charcoal stove? What should I burn to get ashes? If I should be placing my bed first with my spouse, I also can't place the stove at the window cause there is no space to do so (when the bed is there). Is placing on the window ledge (still indoors) viable? How long and where should I keep the red packet of ashes? Also, how long do I have to keep the stove in the kitchen?

5) I will try my best to get the mover to work with these time constraints..but may I try to make it easier by moving some other items before the date that you have kindly provided for me?

Is there going to be anything very bad for the my family with these many things that I can't adhere to? I am terribly sorry to give you such a complicated case, and sincerely thank you for your help!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Mr. Chong,

Just read in 1 of the pinned topics that you have posted that we should be donating in your name. I definitely feel grateful for your help. May I know how do I do the donation in your name? Just mentioned your name as "mr. chong"?

Hello

1) I believe setting up of the halogen light is on the wall in the common corridor? I am not sure if HDB allows that? I will try to see if i can do that, if not, I will set the red rug and at least place a horizontal piece of red paper at the top of my door frame. May I know whether there is a minimum size for the paper that I need to adhere to?

No mon or max size. As long as can see red top and bottom from standing at corridor.

2) My dining table has just been integrated as a big counter top between the kitchen and the living room where the current wall is going to be hacked. Also, because of the arrangement, the basin and stove will be beside each other, but I have instructed to leave a foot between them. With the dining table no longer crossing the path with the main door, must I still place the fish tank where you have instructed? Honestly, my family know nuts about fish, I tried once before and they don't seem to live well...

You can place a fountain or a fish tank without fish (just decorate with water plants and pump).

3) This might be a little troublesome. The wardrobe that I have drawn in the picture has been set in. I am unable to put the MBR bed there. The blue line that i have drawn beside the bed is a double layer of black string curtain to block view from the MBR entrance. Also, that means I can no longer design a walk-in wardrobe as instructed by you. Is there more that i can do?

If that's the case, shift the bed more towards the wardrobe so that it is out of the way of the mbr door. For sleeping purpose, with head under window, try not to use curtain. Use rollor blinds instead.

Since shifting in this manner, the bed will be more into the direction of the toilet door, put a red carpet/ rug outside the toilet door. Flush the bottom of the door to the rug using red tape.

4) May I know if the stove that you are mentioning those charcoal stove? What should I burn to get ashes? If I should be placing my bed first with my spouse, I also can't place the stove at the window cause there is no space to do so (when the bed is there). Is placing on the window ledge (still indoors) viable? How long and where should I keep the red packet of ashes? Also, how long do I have to keep the stove in the kitchen?

Yes, charcoal stove. Burn charcoal.

After shift, you'll have space otherwise place at the entrance of the mbr. Cannot place at window edge.

The ashes in red packet supose to place under the bed leg. Since your bed not shifted there, place it inside your wardrobe.

Keep the stove as long as you could.

5) I will try my best to get the mover to work with these time constraints..but may I try to make it easier by moving some other items before the date that you have kindly provided for me?

No. All the things that I've mentioned above must be done within the time frame given.

Is there going to be anything very bad for the my family with these many things that I can't adhere to? I am terribly sorry to give you such a complicated case, and sincerely thank you for your help!

Your house is not good. That is why I spend so much time to check and write out. I'll leave it to you. You'll have to bear your own consequences if you can't adhere.

Hello

No mon or max size. As long as can see red top and bottom from standing at corridor.

You can place a fountain or a fish tank without fish (just decorate with water plants and pump).

--> Will do that...

If that's the case, shift the bed more towards the wardrobe so that it is out of the way of the mbr door. For sleeping purpose, with head under window, try not to use curtain. Use rollor blinds instead.

Since shifting in this manner, the bed will be more into the direction of the toilet door, put a red carpet/ rug outside the toilet door. Flush the bottom of the door to the rug using red tape.

--> We will be installing roller blinds at the windows. The string curtain is just in front of the doorway to block view from inside and outside. I will see what I can do about the bed, can I turn it and let it face the toilet? Will place the red carpet, but am unsure what red tap to use.

Yes, charcoal stove. Burn charcoal.

After shift, you'll have space otherwise place at the entrance of the mbr. Cannot place at window edge.

--> Will do that...

The ashes in red packet supose to place under the bed leg. Since your bed not shifted there, place it inside your wardrobe.

--> Will do that...

Keep the stove as long as you could.

No. All the things that I've mentioned above must be done within the time frame given.

--> Roger

Your house is not good. That is why I spend so much time to check and write out. I'll leave it to you. You'll have to bear your own consequences if you can't adhere.

Your time and concern are much appreciated! I think I should be able to meet most of your kind advises except on the fish tank part and bed placement part..still trying to crack my head to see what I can do...I think I can place a fountain but it will probably be beside the shoe rack, is that ok?

Thank you once again!

Edited by sohzai

Hi Mr. Chong,

Just read in 1 of the pinned topics that you have posted that we should be donating in your name. I definitely feel grateful for your help. May I know how do I do the donation in your name? Just mentioned your name as "mr. chong"?

Hello

Not necessary. I only requested for bazi readings only.

However, it is always good to give to the needy. Physical help also good. Not necessary money if not that well to do.

Your time and concern are much appreciated! I think I should be able to meet most of your kind advises except on the fish tank part and bed placement part..still trying to crack my head to see what I can do...I think I can place a fountain but it will probably be beside the shoe rack, is that ok?

Hello

Can you draw out the intended location of the fountain on the floorplan so that I've a clearer picture?

Hello

Not necessary. I only requested for bazi readings only.

However, it is always good to give to the needy. Physical help also good. Not necessary money if not that well to do.

Agreed! I will do what I can.

Hello

Can you draw out the intended location of the fountain on the floorplan so that I've a clearer picture?

Hi Mr. Chong,

Here's an updated picture, the new amendments are in orange. May I ask if the bed in this direction facing the toilet is betteR? Would putting a divider on top of what you advised recommended? As for the fountain position, I have put 2 possible places, both will be facing the main door.

2752740261_6d1386b9b1.jpg

Sorry for trouble!

Edited by sohzai

Hello

Here's an updated picture, the new amendments are in orange. May I ask if the bed in this direction facing the toilet is betteR? Would putting a divider on top of what you advised recommended?

It seems like you got limited choice. You can place the bed like this. But make sure the one sleeping under the window follow my previous instructions. Yes, putting a divider is good.

As for the fountain position, I have put 2 possible places, both will be facing the main door.

I've already said to put in front of the no. 1800 marking. About in line with the shoe rack. Other places you indicated is not possible.

Hello

It seems like you got limited choice. You can place the bed like this. But make sure the one sleeping under the window follow my previous instructions. Yes, putting a divider is good.

I've already said to put in front of the no. 1800 marking. About in line with the shoe rack. Other places you indicated is not possible.

Noted..will do the advised...thanks again Mr. Chong!