Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sohzai

Need Kind Mr Chong's Advice

*Updated with compass readings*--28th July 2008

Hi Mr Chong,

Think you are busy with a full PM-box, thus I resorted to posting my query here. I have just selected a unit and booked it. Just before I confirm with my interior designers the allocation of furnitures and stuff, I would like to ask your kind self whether there are any major setbacks that you may see from this simple arangement. I do not have keys to my flat yet, so I am unable to take any measurements using the compass. This is as close as I am able to show you now.

Lastly, thank you sincerely in advance for your help! It is definitely valuable and nice of you to have helped so many forumers here.

Here are the floorplan and the map location of the unit, the orientation of both pictures have been aligned in exact position for your convenience:

2508528458_5f85bb914b.jpg

2508533116_85f2f69c4a.jpg

Thanks once again!

Edited by sohzai

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Mr Chong,

Think you are busy with a full PM-box, thus I resorted to posting my query here. I have just selected a unit and booked it. Just before I confirm with my interior designers the allocation of furnitures and stuff, I would like to ask your kind self whether there are any major setbacks that you may see from this simple arangement. I do not have keys to my flat yet, so I am unable to take any measurements using the compass. This is as close as I am able to show you now.

Lastly, thank you sincerely in advance for your help! It is definitely valuable and nice of you to have helped so many forumers here.

Here are the floorplan and the map location of the unit, the orientation of both pictures have been aligned in exact position for your convenience:

Hello

Without compass readings, I can just give you a very general comment on the arrangements.

Is there any particular reason you want your study in bd2? For putting up bed, it is better not to have the doorway clashing with bed in bd3. You can flatten the angular wall by tearing down or by switching the study to bd3. Otherwise, put up a low partion display or bookshelf just beside the bed to block the doorway.

From your unit windows, can you see blk 91?

Your unit is adjoining to 88?

Put up more plants along your windows. Which's your stove in the kitchen? Your dining can only be advised if I know the direction. The rest of the interior are quite ok except for your exterior. You're lucky to have blk 90/91 in front. Is the height of blk 88 same on both left and right?

Hello

Without compass readings, I can just give you a very general comment on the arrangements.

Is there any particular reason you want your study in bd2? For putting up bed, it is better not to have the doorway clashing with bed in bd3. You can flatten the angular wall by tearing down or by switching the study to bd3. Otherwise, put up a low partion display or bookshelf just beside the bed to block the doorway.

From your unit windows, can you see blk 91?

Your unit is adjoining to 88?

Put up more plants along your windows. Which's your stove in the kitchen? Your dining can only be advised if I know the direction. The rest of the interior are quite ok except for your exterior. You're lucky to have blk 90/91 in front. Is the height of blk 88 same on both left and right?

Hi Mr. Chong,

Firstly, thank you for your reply. :) I will answer your questions in order.

Reason for putting bed which is for my dad in Bedroom 3 is because it will be further away from the afternoon sun. Also, it is a bigger room for him. He sleeps in the afternoon as he works night shift. Is there anyway we can arrange the bed such that it is still ideal for him? If there is none, I will consider setting up a partition for him.

From my unit windows, i can see part of Blk 90 and the rest is rather open space. I have not stepped into the unit before. I believe i can only see abit of Blk 91 if I look out intentionally to 1 corner of the window.

Blk 88 is a 5 storey carpark. I am at least twice the height of the carpark. It is adjoined to my blk, but only up till the carpark level.

May I know which window you are referring to for me to put plants? The box labelled B is the basin and the box labelled O is the stove (I labelled wrongly, should have put S). Which direction do you require for you to comment on my dining? And is there something seriously bad with my exterior? Blk 88's top level is level 6. It is a garden situated above the multi-storey carpark. The height is standard throughout be it left or right.

Lastly, thanks again and sorry for multiple questions!

Edited by sohzai

Hi Mr. Chong,

Firstly, thank you for your reply. :) I will answer your questions in order.

Reason for putting bed which is for my dad in Bedroom 3 is because it will be further away from the afternoon sun. Also, it is a bigger room for him. He sleeps in the afternoon as he works night shift. Is there anyway we can arrange the bed such that it is still ideal for him? If there is none, I will consider setting up a partition for him.

Hello.

Bd3 doesn't seem to be bigger then bd2 to me. According to your map, the windows seems to be more to the South. If got afternoon Sun, then your window direction should be more to SW/W. You can put the bed by the side of the wall or as suggested above.

From my unit windows, i can see part of Blk 90 and the rest is rather open space. I have not stepped into the unit before. I believe i can only see abit of Blk 91 if I look out intentionally to 1 corner of the window.

Well, you''l have to find out. It will make a difference and Ill advice you then.

Blk 88 is a 5 storey carpark. I am at least twice the height of the carpark. It is adjoined to my blk, but only up till the carpark level.

And that will pose another problem. The formation of your environment is not good. The advice would be more appropriate after you manage to get the compass direction.

May I know which window you are referring to for me to put plants?

If you like plants, you can place along all the windows. If you feel that too much plants may spoil certain design of the room, then after getting the compass direction will suggest alternatives.

The box labelled B is the basin and the box labelled O is the stove (I labelled wrongly, should have put S).

Seems like your stove is directly opposite your water point?

Which direction do you require for you to comment on my dining?

Can't comment when I don't know the direction. Normally, you shouldn't have your dining expose to your main door. However, there are exceptions.

And is there something seriously bad with my exterior? Blk 88's top level is level 6. It is a garden situated above the multi-storey carpark. The height is standard throughout be it left or right.

Bad is definite but to what extend or on what area will depend on the facing of your house.

Lastly, thanks again and sorry for multiple questions!

No problem but I can't do much without proper info.

Bd3 doesn't seem to be bigger then bd2 to me. According to your map, the windows seems to be more to the South. If got afternoon Sun, then your window direction should be more to SW/W. You can put the bed by the side of the wall or as suggested above.

Ok. Will do either.

Well, you''l have to find out. It will make a difference and Ill advice you then.

I will provide the details once I can step inside. However, it will be at least 2 months.

And that will pose another problem. The formation of your environment is not good. The advice would be more appropriate after you manage to get the compass direction.

Noted.

If you like plants, you can place along all the windows. If you feel that too much plants may spoil certain design of the room, then after getting the compass direction will suggest alternatives.

Noted.

Seems like your stove is directly opposite your water point?

I know of the point where they should not be so. Will be making the arrangements with my id to rectify that. Thanks!

Can't comment when I don't know the direction. Normally, you shouldn't have your dining expose to your main door. However, there are exceptions.

Hm...I try to think of alternatives meanwhile.

Bad is definite but to what extend or on what area will depend on the facing of your house.

Noted.

No problem but I can't do much without proper info.

:). You have been most helpful already. thanks!

Hello

Just to add on regarding your dining, you should think of other alternatives when you know where's the facing of your house. If yours fall under the exception category, it may be good to place it there.

Don't be dismay about the exterior environment of your house. This is something that comes as a package. Until we investigate and confirm later, there are always ways or remedies to most things. It would be good to add on pics.

Hello

Just to add on regarding your dining, you should think of other alternatives when you know where's the facing of your house. If yours fall under the exception category, it may be good to place it there.

Don't be dismay about the exterior environment of your house. This is something that comes as a package. Until we investigate and confirm later, there are always ways or remedies to most things. It would be good to add on pics.

Roger! :)

Hi Mr Chong,

I will be collecting my keys tomorrow. I will update you with the compass readings and photos by tomorrow night.

May I also know what would you need to find out which dates are good for moving in? Or do you already stop providing that help? I will be moving in with my father and my wife somewhere in September or early October.

Thanks!!

2698279738_4ec9e50f52.jpg

Hi Mr chong,

Here are my compass readings finally, with red arrows pointing to direction I am facing, north is in the following readings.

A: 272.5

B: 248

C: 274

D: 95

Here are my pictures. I cannot see Blk 91 from my windows.

Many thanks!!

Front Door straight ahead:

2695024951_729870266e.jpg

Edited by sohzai

Front Door 45 degrees left along corridor:

2695842520_c0629d3673.jpg

Bedroom 3 window view:

2695842844_2cc22d19a9.jpg

Bedroom 2 window view:

2695025675_064a3b3ac1.jpg

Masterbedroom window view:

2695025867_72a71221dd.jpg

Masterbedroom window view with carpark top level:

2695088077_7ff727970e.jpg

Edited by sohzai

Hi Mr. chong,

I have been trying to PM you my family's birth details but it seems yours PM box is full. Also, how are my compass readings? Still not desirable?

Sorry to keep troubling you.

Hi Mr. chong,

I have been trying to PM you my family's birth details but it seems yours PM box is full. Also, how are my compass readings? Still not desirable?

Sorry to keep troubling you.

Hello

From your above floor plan, if A is 272 deg, North should be pointing in the direction of the "sofa". Pls confirm.

Try to Pm me again birth details in the next few days.

Hello

From your above floor plan, if A is 272 deg, North should be pointing in the direction of the "sofa". Pls confirm.

Try to Pm me again birth details in the next few days.

hi Mr. Chong,

Sorry for careless mistakes! hehe...this should be the right readings..North indicated in the last floorplan is still correct...

A: 87.5

B: 112

C: 86

D: 265

I have also PM-ed you the birth details for my family..may I know what date should we be moving? I am on re-service during 17-19sep and 22sep to 4th october. I am hoping to move either between during 20-21 or in the first week of october...

Many many thanks once again~

Edited by sohzai

hi Mr. Chong,

Sorry for careless mistakes! hehe...this should be the right readings..North indicated in the last floorplan is still correct...

A: 87.5

B: 112

C: 86

D: 265

I have also PM-ed you the birth details for my family..may I know what date should we be moving? I am on re-service during 17-19sep and 22sep to 4th october. I am hoping to move either between during 20-21 or in the first week of october...

Many many thanks once again~

Hello

Move in on 12 Oct 08 at 6.15pm.

During your reno, ask your designer to put a halogen downlight in front of your front door. On move in, place a red rug outside the front door,switch on the light. If there is no light, stick horizontally on the top of your door frame a red cloth or paper at the same time.

Place a 2 ft fish tank at the dimension marking 1800 (chest ht and slightly towards in line shoe rack)

Still during the same time, quickly move the bed in the mbr to the wall heading solid wall. Or if there already, place the mattress. Only you and your spouse do. Finish all the above before 7.30pm. Let the stove outside your main door burn from the time you move in till 7.30pm. Then stop the burning, and bring the stove to place in your mbr window corner below (windows kept close all the time). Collect the ashes in red packet at 8pm and keep it (don't exceed 8). Keep the stove in the kitchen. After this you can open the mbr windows.

During your reno, you should get the designer to arrange your bed in the mbr to head the solid wall, should be NW/N. Suggest that you do a walkin wardrobe at the stretch of toilet entrance (entrance from mbr door entrance) Well, up to you and your designer.

Place a stomach height chest drawer or display at the mbr inner entrance.

The time may be a bit rush, so you probably got to prepare the necessary the day before.

Edited by Mr Chong