Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Prettibride

My White House ~ Part 2

i like yr kitchen design. black granite & white laminate with black back splash. know what, my kitchen is like that.. :yamseng: but yrs better & more spacious. nice!

that's great..i was hoping to find someone who has the same kitchen concept..my original intention was to use stainless steel as the backing..but thought that black glass would match the black granite more...can i ask..is the black glass easy to maintain? I heard some comments that some glass crack under hot temp..kinda worried. And also cooking wise...are the oil stains easy to clean off?

I wanted white solid top initially but changed my mind as white top might be too difficult to maintain and will turn beige overtime...so black is the next best choice!

hi prettibride,

how much you paid for your dining table?

i am also looking at something that is full glass......but worry cos my 2 boys now very active lor.

hi jessie..

i am not sure of the exact price since i was quoted a package..but it should be around S$800. The good thing about this table is it uses 20mm thick glass..those that people use as the flooring for shopping mall...so its quite sturdy..and it has round corners..so no sharp edges..shld b quite safe for your boys...this is one of the reason why i got this table too...so that its safe for my future kids.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

the kitchen colour is brilliant. V bright :horse:

nice of your ID to provide u so many 3D drawings without signing yet..btw which ID ar?

Hi Prettibride,

I was seriously looking for some custom-made glass dining table, and I stumbled upon your 'Pre-reno Sale' corner - saw your custom made table for sale..

Can i pls find out where did you custom made it and how much did it cost you? You can PM me if you want...

Thank you very very very much in advance :bow::bow::bow:

Hey prettibride, notice you got glass table.

Frankly, glass is much more nicer but requires more maintenence as it can accumulate dust more and have to be careful with the surface.

I have a glass coffee table which is very heavy so can be considered sturdy like yours but after a few months of using, I have noticed a few small scratches, not sure what is the cause of it though. :bleah: Also, you can't place anything too hot, even steamboat pot direct on the table. But nice purchase you have there. :thumbs up:

I have a glass coffee table which is very heavy so can be considered sturdy like yours but after a few months of using, I have noticed a few small scratches, not sure what is the cause of it though. :bleah: Also, you can't place anything too hot, even steamboat pot direct on the table. But nice purchase you have there. :thumbs up:

Hmm...steamboat is my favourite activity ...then i must re-consider liao :D:P

But Prettibride i agree your glass table in the above very nice :dribble::good: i've just been busy looking for furniture lately.. oso just wanted a unique dining table, which is not space consuming & affordable :notti:. Therefore if can't find a suitable one anywhere, i'll consider custom made..tat's y wanna find out more fr you since u custom made your table b4

...Will check out the 'Living home' exhibition at Expo tomolo :thumbs up:

its a new model...price wise is around the same range as yours.

prettibride, do you mind to pm me how much they quote you for this new model?

mine had delivered, but not yet installed, thinking of changing it if possible :P

thanks!

all the best for your renovation! :good:

that's great..i was hoping to find someone who has the same kitchen concept..my original intention was to use stainless steel as the backing..but thought that black glass would match the black granite more...can i ask..is the black glass easy to maintain? I heard some comments that some glass crack under hot temp..kinda worried. And also cooking wise...are the oil stains easy to clean off?

I wanted white solid top initially but changed my mind as white top might be too difficult to maintain and will turn beige overtime...so black is the next best choice!

hi jessie..

the original backing of my kitchen was stainless steel. there are stains left by previous owner and I find it diffcult to clean. so when i do a kitchen makeover, i change it to glass (intended to have black mirror but ID says no one did it). glass is definitely easy to clean. just a wet cloth will do. not sure abt glass crack under hot temp. at least, no one reported under RenoTalk! :)

white is definitely not easy to maintain i guess... coffee, tea stains..blah blah blah. black granite - even got scratches, even easy to spot..

have you thought of changing low cabinet to all drawers? at least no need to bend down to look for things...

Edited by latitude

How much did ur metal gate cost eventually?

Got it at $420 everything in.

Hmm...steamboat is my favourite activity ...then i must re-consider liao :D:P

But Prettibride i agree your glass table in the above very nice :dribble::good: i've just been busy looking for furniture lately.. oso just wanted a unique dining table, which is not space consuming & affordable :notti:. Therefore if can't find a suitable one anywhere, i'll consider custom made..tat's y wanna find out more fr you since u custom made your table b4

...Will check out the 'Living home' exhibition at Expo tomolo :thumbs up:

hi mel,

i've replied your PM. actually glass is not really hard to maintain. I have a full glass coffee table as well and i have steamboat on my current dining table as well..so far no problems. I just wipe it with a wet cloth to clean it everytime it seems too dirty.

prettibride, do you mind to pm me how much they quote you for this new model?

mine had delivered, but not yet installed, thinking of changing it if possible :P

thanks!

all the best for your renovation! :good:

hihi, hv PMed u..gd luck in getting it changed!

the original backing of my kitchen was stainless steel. there are stains left by previous owner and I find it diffcult to clean. so when i do a kitchen makeover, i change it to glass (intended to have black mirror but ID says no one did it). glass is definitely easy to clean. just a wet cloth will do. not sure abt glass crack under hot temp. at least, no one reported under RenoTalk! :)

white is definitely not easy to maintain i guess... coffee, tea stains..blah blah blah. black granite - even got scratches, even easy to spot..

have you thought of changing low cabinet to all drawers? at least no need to bend down to look for things...

my current kitchen is all stainless steel...i just use a stainless steel cleaner to wipe it and it becomes sparkling clean...budden there are some stupid stains caused by the wrong chemical we used initially. i've never used glass before but i think it'll look nice cos it matches my black granite top.

we tried some experiment on black granite..it doesn't scratch that easily as compared to solid top...but probably dust will b quite obvious.

I've yet to decide on the layout of my cabinets..but probably only going to have one row of drawers...anyone knows how much those internal stainless steel fittings cost? My ID say I have to get them on my own and he'll install it foc for me. I probably just need one of those corner shelf unit.

the kitchen colour is brilliant. V bright :horse:

nice of your ID to provide u so many 3D drawings without signing yet..btw which ID ar?

he is nice so far..but i wun sing too much of his praises yet cos my reno has yet to start...wait till my reno finish and if i hv no complaints, i'll highly "publicize" him here then. hehe.. :P

Have been sick these past few days but i still manage to drag myself down to meet my ID. We were suppose to sign the quotation and finalize on some details. But thanks to his forgetful brain..he quoted me wrongly on my granite countertop..and the supplier was not able to give him a quote on the materials cost off-hand..so we have to postpone the quotation signing. But managed to sort out the other details amidst my drowsy mood...seems like there are still a couple of changes before we can sign on the dotted line...

We managed to get the light we've been eyeing for our dining room...got a good price for it as well. We wanted to order the hood and sink etc but i was too sick to drag myself down to Jalan Besar after the long session with the ID..so we decided to postpone it to next week. Will be meeting the ID again this weekend for my revised 3D drawings...can't wait to see it soon.

Too overwhelmed by work and family lately so no time for updates..

We finally signed on the dotted line last sat! Overall quote exceeds my initial budget by $340...and we expect it to hit $46k with the electrical work or other misc. items...hopefully it doesn't. Keeping my fingers crossedX. But glad to say that there are no other hidden charges...only additional charges should we decide to add anything.

Prior to meeting our ID, we went down to Poh Joo to make our purchases...bought my hood, kitchen sink and tap from them and our WCs from the shop next to them. Wanted to get our WC from Poh Joo initially and I was asking the salesguy whether they have a modern looking low tank WC...he replied there is none except the one on display which I didn't like..thus we settled for a mid-low tank WC which looks sleek and is cheaper than the similar model sold in PJ. The boss from PJ saw we made the purchase at their neighbour and commented actually they have a low tank model and its only selling at $220...@#$%$. Only now then they tell us...they did not mention they have other low tank model when we were enquiring eariler on..pissed! 8|

So lesson learnt...always confirm, confirm and re-confirm before you buy anything.

On a happier note..seeking Apple's advice...rather pay more for something I like than regret it later...so i decided to go for it and got my ideal sink...its selling for $280 at PJ.

DSC05877.jpg

And my ideal tap in matt finish..

DSC05882.jpg

We went down to quite a few warehouse sale recently too since its the GSS period now. Went to Hoe Kee (Rainshower set @ $140 ea...quite cheap but not much designs to choose from.), AIR Division (where we saw this barstool we like but price is too ex. to afford), LifeShop (bought some decoratives there and saw the hanging chair which I like on sale...but decided not to buy now in case I regret it again). Overall I guess my biggest gain is the Kartell chairs from Space...we saved more than $1k on those chairs cos its on sale.

Edited by Prettibride

After missing updates for so long...i am finally counting down to our renovation! Currently in the midst of shifting out...what seems to be a minimalistic house to us seems to store tons of junk...so hubby and I had a hard time packing and shifting them over to our parents place. Reminds me of the first time when we shifted in just that our belongings seems to have multiply by 10-fold! Scary.

Anyways, we plan to start our reno on 1st Sep but we don't have a Tong-Shu at home..just wondering any kind soul out here that can tell me if 31st of Aug or 1st of Sep is a good day to "Dong-tu"? TIA!

Will be back with photos updates soon I hope..

hi hi prettibride,

wow,....your 2nd reno - upcoming!!!!!

look forward to see more nice nice pix here!

thanks jessie ...saw you started your reno as well...all the best..hope to see your nice nice house soon!

some updates, we went down to Creative Living at Expo last sat...many ID firms there...saw Atlantis there...really tempted to get one of their aquarium but decided not to cos too troublesome to maintain it..we already have too many pets at home...6 rabbits and 1 dog.

Went down to meet ID and select tiles on sun...finally we settled on the tiles for our living room, toilets and balcony. Wanted to use black glossy tile for toilet floor initially but many people warned me that it might be too dangerous...so decided to go for something else which is safer...we choose white matt tiles for our toilet walls and grey floor tiles for toilets and balcony...the pics i took doesn't seem to look good...will try to post up pics soon...will be shifting out this weekend....counting down 3 weeks to reno!!

Oh ya, as predicted correctly by my ID, I made a lot of changes to the initial layout..especially the kitchen...cos its my domain ma...so it muz look good....hopefully the revised quote doesn't come up to be a lot.

hi prettibride,...wow, look forward to see your pix ;)

yes, hv signed up and this thursday will start the reno on dismantling stuffs liao.

i only do minimal reno......no budget to do.... :(

After missing updates for so long...i am finally counting down to our renovation! Currently in the midst of shifting out...what seems to be a minimalistic house to us seems to store tons of junk...so hubby and I had a hard time packing and shifting them over to our parents place. Reminds me of the first time when we shifted in just that our belongings seems to have multiply by 10-fold! Scary.

Anyways, we plan to start our reno on 1st Sep but we don't have a Tong-Shu at home..just wondering any kind soul out here that can tell me if 31st of Aug or 1st of Sep is a good day to "Dong-tu"? TIA!

Will be back with photos updates soon I hope..

hi Prettibride

i dun have tong shu but my wall-hung DHL calendar comes wif these 忌 and 宜 things to do everyday. 31st aug is not suitable for dong-tu. 1st sept is gd. i use it for my own dong-tu as well.

*jus for ur ref if u dun mind it not comin from an actual tong-shu. :)