Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shazzer

3ng Parents' Retirement Nest

Hello all,

am another lurker who has been stealing from renotalk and decided to do my part now :dancingqueen:

Am helping my parents downgrade from a 4A flat to a 3NG. Even though it's technically my parents' retirement nest, it'll house my sister and I till...we're ready to move out hah.

Anyway, am very happy to engage Roy from Inzen. I'm rather lazy to go through too many IDs so after deliberating very shortly (and since you guys have been so helpful in sharing, making my choice easier), have decided to go with Roy since he comes very highly recommended from friends. Keys have just been collected on 15 May and hacking has just started yesterday so too few pics to share.

Floorplan

3ngfloorplan-amk-1.jpg

Not much of a theme, just modern contemporary with loads of light.

Reducing the long kitchen so to create a dining area.

Some pre-reno pics.

These must go!!

SANY0355.jpg

old-kitchen.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Welcome to the Inzen club. :drunk: Where is ur flat location? Jurong?

redknapp39....pls lah....shazzer already indicated his area is located in the north mah....den y u ask is it in jurong leh? not all inzen supporters stay in jurong, hor.... :dancingqueen:

only kittygal, babytan and me mah..... :yamseng:

eh! dun blacklist me hor!!! dun forget roy says i very fierce one leh! :furious:

welcome :dancingqueen: the flat layout very similar to mine and best of it..also engaged roy hahahahah

hehe I also just realised we picked the same kitchen tiles! :D Black lines for backsplash and white all over! I forgot to take pics of my tiles though....now all of them with Roy so that he can make orders.

redknapp39....pls lah....shazzer already indicated his area is located in the north mah....den y u ask is it in jurong leh? not all inzen supporters stay in jurong, hor.... :dancingqueen:

only kittygal, babytan and me mah..... :yamseng:

eh! dun blacklist me hor!!! dun forget roy says i very fierce one leh! :furious:

hee dun fight lah...our north is actually amk :yamseng:

=========================

paiseh, cos I'm having exams, haven't been going down to look at the progress but my Pop says it's like warzone now, with all the hacking so nothing special to see, didn't take pics.

Didn't rush Roy for perspective drawings also cos we kinda know how it'll turn out. Haha and babytan, actually with yours up, I can also visualize. We dun have WIW and shoe cab though. On tight budget cos our flat is very old, need to change even sewage pipes and copper piping.

We are so behind everything, haven't picked out other stuff like sanitary ware, carpentry stuff and lights. Furniture lagi worse. Like some of you, we also had to move out b4 flat is ready and we've already done that. Now putting up at relative's 5rm. Moving twice is really :bangwall:

Still no pics cos I'm waiting for the kitchen wall and mbr bathroom doorway to be hacked. Apparently, the permit has only been given for the kitchen wall. Not sure why it's taking so long for the mbr.

Anyway, have selected sanitary ware and kitchen stuff (Rinnai hob + hood + oven). I think it's quite reasonable, all in $3, 200. Like babytan, we also went to the place Roy recommended, Summer Hardware.

Debated whether to take the glass hob or stainless steel but budget won the day since the glass one is from Japan and will cost $500 more.

rb-3ss.jpg

RB-3SS

an oven in the kitchen finally for roasting rosemary chicken!

rbo-7mrx-bg.jpg

RB0-7MRX

now awaiting Roy's perspective drawings.

Edited by shazzer

glad to see you back :)

can see my renoblog for latest pictures..think will end up more or less the same..

wow you spent 3.2K ah? me about 2.5K, didnt know that a 3room flat also need to spend so much just on kitchen & toilet accessories :o brought most of the items except for mirror.. (hope no more cos pocket BIG hole liao) maybe is your oven that cost more than mine...

hope to see your 3D soon :dribble:

glad to see you back :)

can see my renoblog for latest pictures..think will end up more or less the same..

wow you spent 3.2K ah? me about 2.5K, didnt know that a 3room flat also need to spend so much just on kitchen & toilet accessories :o brought most of the items except for mirror.. (hope no more cos pocket BIG hole liao) maybe is your oven that cost more than mine...

hope to see your 3D soon :dribble:

oh dear :( ... but we only furnished one bathroom for showering purposes leh... the other side will be just a tap and a tiny corner basin and a bowl...which WC did you choose btw? Mine's $230/pc. also bought a instant heater cos my family's not a big fan of hot water.

hmm I wonder where the extras went to. I know my oven alone costs $750. Yours leh?

I also got no mirrors cos cant decide :o

Wah!!!! So much ah!!!! I must get ready my money. Think Roy will go shopping with me in 1 or 2 weeks time.

get ready to count the $ leaving your pocket :notti::notti:

oh dear :( ... but we only furnished one bathroom for showering purposes leh... the other side will be just a tap and a tiny corner basin and a bowl...which WC did you choose btw? Mine's $230/pc. also bought a instant heater cos my family's not a big fan of hot water.

hmm I wonder where the extras went to. I know my oven alone costs $750. Yours leh?

I also got no mirrors cos cant decide :o

me too ma..common for toilet use, think mostly cater for frens la (toilet bowl + vanity nia).. MBR for showering and toilet lor..think will be changing to frosted glass door..can imagine that shadows can be seen when showering...hehehe :bath:

i choose baron (china made) $160 per piece for coloured, $230 maybe better quality huh? the baron can still suit our backie so ok lor..

i got the ariston 15L storage heater as husband wanted rainshower BADLY...hahaha never got rainshower before ma..instant heater cannot go with rainshower so spent more on storage heater lor..anyway the storage heater is just for bathing purpose, the capacity is not enough if we want to run cold & hot water in whole house

i dun hab oven ;) thats where the difference of $700+ :deal:

summer dun hab nice mirror leh, have to source somewhere else..i duno if i should get the big round or squarish mirror leh..if your basin is squarish glass, which would you choose?

Edited by babytan